+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chloromancers in PvP

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Chloromancers in PvP

    This is a bit of a rant, and a question together. I feel like since I got 60 when I play my chloro in PvP I have very few options to heal myself. Essentially if the enemy, even 1-2 people decide to focus me there is a good chance I won't be able to keep myself up, this is driving me to want to swap to cleric despite the fact for PvE healing I love my mage.

    My question is if this gets better if I get full PvP gear, or if healing in PvP as a mage is a lost cause and I should just switch to my cleric so I can enjoy both pvp and pve.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    You would depend on the clerics to heal you for the most part. And its the benefit of the clerics to keep you alive as well.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Chloros are the best healers in the game and if you can't heal a warfront by yourself or need help from clerics you are bad. All clerics on your team should go DPS because anything a healing cleric can do chloros can do better. Even with Wrathful Exuberance bugged and clerics having the capacity to top damage meters and one shot people while healing, Chloros are still the best healers and clerics are better off on DPS specs.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman2k11 View Post
    Chloros are the best healers in the game and if you can't heal a warfront by yourself or need help from clerics you are bad. All clerics on your team should go DPS because anything a healing cleric can do chloros can do better. Even with Wrathful Exuberance bugged and clerics having the capacity to top damage meters and one shot people while healing, Chloros are still the best healers and clerics are better off on DPS specs.
    You are exaggerating. Clerics in proper specs are much more durable. They can last longer when focus fired. Chloros might be gods in pug warfronts.

    I`m curious. How many chloros compared to healing clerics were playing in recent US 4-27 PvP Tournament ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

  5. #5
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#FkGGiBiAGl4/e8gw/G

    This is really the only spec that works while pugging as a chloro because with opportunity you get instant Natural Healing + Healing Torrents which are basically the only thing you can use to keep yourself.

    Chloros aren't useless at healing. With a defiler they're actually not bad at healing in 5v5s, but sentinels are still better.

    Nothing replaces defiler though.

    See this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=criBlfP_FfY

    We didn't do bad versus a cookie cutter 1 war 1 rog 1 mage 2 cleric team using a 1 cleric 1 war 3 mage team.

    Chloros desperately need a 2nd cc break in the chloro tree for PvP. If they had a cooldown resetter in addition to a cc break I'd argue that they'd be equivalent in many ways to a sentinel and better in some situations.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    You are exaggerating. Clerics in proper specs are much more durable. They can last longer when focus fired. Chloros might be gods in pug warfronts.

    I`m curious. How many chloros compared to healing clerics were playing in recent US 4-27 PvP Tournament ?
    Sarcasm isn't your strong suit.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman2k11 View Post
    Sarcasm isn't your strong suit.
    Haha. Nice one Well it`s 1 AM here so my brain might not be functioning well.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#FkGGiBiAGl4/e8gw/G

    This is really the only spec that works while pugging as a chloro because with opportunity you get instant Natural Healing + Healing Torrents which are basically the only thing you can use to keep yourself.

    Chloros aren't useless at healing. With a defiler they're actually not bad at healing in 5v5s, but sentinels are still better.

    Nothing replaces defiler though.

    See this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=criBlfP_FfY

    We didn't do bad versus a cookie cutter 1 war 1 rog 1 mage 2 cleric team using a 1 cleric 1 war 3 mage team.

    Chloros desperately need a 2nd cc break in the chloro tree for PvP. If they had a cooldown resetter in addition to a cc break I'd argue that they'd be equivalent in many ways to a sentinel and better in some situations.
    I dunno, I like this spec as my Chloro of choice in PvP. Thunder Blast is a nice long range knockback+interrupt, Flicker is another CC break and obviously amazing in all ways (I LOVE THAT SPELL SO MUCH), and the /Pyro goodies involve not being able to be pushed back while casting Natural Healing/Healing Torrent (though you'd only use this one vs someone not trying to interrupt you), increased crit rates etc.

    Alternative route is going 0Archon with another 3 points in the Silence/Stun duration down.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 04-28-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  9. #9
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I dunno, I like this spec as my Chloro of choice in PvP. Thunder Blast is a nice long range knockback+interrupt, Flicker is another CC break and obviously amazing in all ways (I LOVE THAT SPELL SO MUCH), and the /Pyro goodies involve not being able to be pushed back while casting Natural Healing/Healing Torrent (though you'd only use this one vs someone not trying to interrupt you), increased crit rates etc.

    Alternative route is going 0Archon with another 3 points in the Silence/Stun duration down.
    Hardcast direct heals in Chloro haven't suffered from pushback since ~1.9 anyway iirc. Not that it matters because you still need the pushback redux for everything else.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Hardcast direct heals in Chloro haven't suffered from pushback since ~1.9 anyway iirc. Not that it matters because you still need the pushback redux for everything else.
    Just retested in case of ninja nerf. Confirming no pushback for Natural Healing / Healing Torrent.

    Also you really can't be described the huge difference in survivability between 15 lock and the rest of the 61 chloro variants. You really have to try it yourself.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Just retested in case of ninja nerf. Confirming no pushback for Natural Healing / Healing Torrent.

    Also you really can't be described the huge difference in survivability between 15 lock and the rest of the 61 chloro variants. You really have to try it yourself.
    Until you get stunned/silenced out the butt and run back to Pyro for flicker and the stun/silence reduction. Flicker is also nice to get back to the mid/backline for those times where you start a hard cast and realize "Oh look my whole team is now behind me..." or when a warrior wants to pull you in to give you a great big hug.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Hardcast direct heals in Chloro haven't suffered from pushback since ~1.9 anyway iirc. Not that it matters because you still need the pushback redux for everything else.
    Oh, that's good to know. Cheers!
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown1321 View Post
    This is a bit of a rant, and a question together. I feel like since I got 60 when I play my chloro in PvP I have very few options to heal myself. Essentially if the enemy, even 1-2 people decide to focus me there is a good chance I won't be able to keep myself up, this is driving me to want to swap to cleric despite the fact for PvE healing I love my mage.

    My question is if this gets better if I get full PvP gear, or if healing in PvP as a mage is a lost cause and I should just switch to my cleric so I can enjoy both pvp and pve.
    Gear could be part of it. The conquest seal alone can reduce your effective damage taken by about 10%. Endurance runes on your gear can be huge as well to increase your hp pool.

    I heal almost every wf I que with my mage. You should keep in mind a few things that will help your survivability:

    Use LoS to your benefit. If they can't see you they can't hit you.

    Stand towards the back of the group. While its nice to be attacking the focus target, attacking the target closest to you and backing up farther away from the enemy dps will keep you alive longer, and keep your hps high. Often pets are great for this.

    Make a heal self macro with all of your direct heals on it - I find this very helpful for time saving when I need to bump up my health.

    Remember that your dps also causes heals, and is boosted when you alternate some. Corrosive spores is great to use when multiple enemies are near you to get a steady stream of HPS.

    Eventually you'll learn when you can keep yourself alive by only spamming your dps and getting veil procs vs directly healing yourself. Once you know where that line is, don't direct heal yourself until you have to. Use the direct heals on the players dropping faster.

    Don't use LBV unless you really need to keep up a particular person such as a fang carrier. When using LGV never use void life. Also, don't use Ruin or Nature's Fury for HPS (they're good dps for a chloro but yield lower hps than a VS spam).

    Save your break free for longer duration cc, and even then for times when you or somebody else is going to die.

    Don't worry about wasting your direct heals on other players. If they're being focused and you can keep them up by blowing them, that's fewer people focusing on you.

    Remember to use blight wisely. If you use it on the focus target when its lowish in health, it can take down the healer much faster. Their healers going down will mean less dps on you, because their dps won't be able to push to the back to kill you with impunity as easily as it could have with the healers up.

    If a mage is dpsing you, wise use of Natual Conversion can cause you to get a massive heal.
    Last edited by ThirdRevelation; 05-01-2013 at 01:35 PM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman2k11 View Post
    Chloros are the best healers in the game and if you can't heal a warfront by yourself or need help from clerics you are bad. All clerics on your team should go DPS because anything a healing cleric can do chloros can do better. Even with Wrathful Exuberance bugged and clerics having the capacity to top damage meters and one shot people while healing, Chloros are still the best healers and clerics are better off on DPS specs.
    Troll much? Put a Chloro up against a Defiler and tell me which is going to stay alive longer.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdRevelation View Post
    Gear could be part of it. The conquest seal alone can reduce your effective damage taken by about 10%. Endurance runes on your gear can be huge as well to increase your hp pool.

    I heal almost every wf I que with my mage. You should keep in mind a few things that will help your survivability:

    Use LoS to your benefit. If they can't see you they can't hit you.

    Stand towards the back of the group. While its nice to be attacking the focus target, attacking the target closest to you and backing up farther away from the enemy dps will keep you alive longer, and keep your hps high. Often pets are great for this.

    Make a heal self macro with all of your direct heals on it - I find this very helpful for time saving when I need to bump up my health.

    Remember that your dps also causes heals, and is boosted when you alternate some. Corrosive spores is great to use when multiple enemies are near you to get a steady stream of HPS.

    Eventually you'll learn when you can keep yourself alive by only spamming your dps and getting veil procs vs directly healing yourself. Once you know where that line is, don't direct heal yourself until you have to. Use the direct heals on the players dropping faster.

    Don't use LBV unless you really need to keep up a particular person such as a fang carrier. When using LGV never use void life. Also, don't use Ruin or Nature's Fury for HPS (they're good dps for a chloro but yield lower hps than a VS spam).

    Save your break free for longer duration cc, and even then for times when you or somebody else is going to die.

    Don't worry about wasting your direct heals on other players. If they're being focused and you can keep them up by blowing them, that's fewer people focusing on you.

    Remember to use blight wisely. If you use it on the focus target when its lowish in health, it can take down the healer much faster. Their healers going down will mean less dps on you, because their dps won't be able to push to the back to kill you with impunity as easily as it could have with the healers up.

    If a mage is dpsing you, wise use of Natual Conversion can cause you to get a massive heal.
    Wait what don't use void life with lifegiving veil?? So what abilities are best used with lifegiving veil and which ones are best used with lifebound?? My mage just hit 50 so am curious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts