+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mage dmg? (pyro)

Plane Touched

Default Mage dmg? (pyro)

I'm seeing almost no parses for pyro, so its hard to get comparison.

I'm getting between 12k-12.4k but i feel like im running out of fillers to use, if wildfire doesnt proc im at a pretty big loss it seems. How are things going for the rest of you?

edit: 4700 sp, 770cp
    Last edited by Lannisterxx; 04-27-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Not enough information, how much dps, on what target, what rotation, exact spec you use, which selfbuffs are you using, are you having partymembers buff you up..
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BadTouch View Post
    Not enough information, how much dps, on what target, what rotation, exact spec you use, which selfbuffs are you using, are you having partymembers buff you up..
    dps - 12k - 12.4k (will SS some parses later today)
    Target: Raid Boss Dummy in my dimension
    buffs: self buff no consumables (no party members or raid buffs)
    spec: 61pyro/6harb/9archon

rotation: prime > flame bolt > IC on countdown IC off > extinguish > FB > filler > FB > filler

once everything is down countdown > heatwave > spam (#show Fusillade cast Countdown cast Fusillade cast Fireball) till heatwave is over. then back to to priority with 2sec fillers and extinguish.

normally with priority im doing something along the lines of

countdown > Wildfire procs / Cinder Burst procs > fusillade > flame volley > searing vitality / backdraft

this is all on dummy so i haven't been able to use inferno of course.
    Last edited by Lannisterxx; 04-27-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Ascendant

Running out of "other" abilities doesn't mean you can't resort to fireball. Yes, you can get lucky on wildfire procs and have extra flame bolts at your disposal, but casting fireball isn't going to drop your dps by a noticeable margin.

Champion

With the change to fireball making it a shorter cast I also often run out of filler and need to cast fireball a few times or use up some of the extinguish fireball procs as filler between aegis procs. Should be normal I think. As long as you keep track of the aegis 3s ICD it's no problem.

Considering you have only 4,7 spellpower its not bad, about the damage you should be doing with a proper, not perfect but a solid rotation. Practice more, make sure to get as much as you can from heatwave resets. (2x extinguish before first reset), you can also try managing double countdown on heatwave (use countdown before hw, and straight after, gives you double cd). You can also use other abilities on extinguish, will allow you to get more double fireballs and you'll get rid of wildfire procs and cinder burst procs, so the next one will not overwrite the current one.

Other then that, rather then using IC on countdown focus using it on extinguish procs, fusillade, heatwave, and flame volley, also make sure to turn it off half-way during flame volley casts.

If you're out of things to use, just spam fireball, its 1,5 sec cast so it's not that big of a dps loss, and you'll get some charge to prepare for extinguish/volley/heatwave/fusillade.
    Last edited by BadTouch; 04-27-2013 at 04:01 AM.
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

I know that ima few hundred sp short of yours (@4400sp/400cp, roughly)and I avg about the same on the dummy. That said, not sure where the problem lies. Everything being said is no different. Maybe IC toggles, and making sure imp fb doesn't fall. Sounds like a solid rotation.

I'm curious to what some of the higher end mages are pulling on the dummies. As far as its true potential ST from some BiS mages.
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Shadowlander

hi guys, so maybe it´s more helpful if we post some more detailed breakdowns - so I start with one. I am still not that fine with it but maybe someone who is more into that specc can read more out of these details.

>> pre stacked PS >> no consumables or stones used >> SP 5385 SC 1896 CP 862

parse was about 13,9 K when running OOM about 20 sec. before 2nd HW coming from CD

http://imageshack.us/f/832/bansheeefullpyro13900oo.png/

so, thx in advance
    .: WHITE WING :.
    Bansheee - Brutwacht EU
    www.whitewing.eu
    PBB 1/5 | IG 1/3 | GA 3/4 | EE 5/5 | FT 4/4 | TDQ 4/4

Shadowlander

in addition to previous post - specc is 61 pyro 6 harb 9 archon

rotation is as described by OP .. IC on for CDs ( ext./fussi/fvoll) + Countdown + CB and HW and as often as allowed in order to have enough to switch IC on for the first mentioned.

I do 2 times ext. before 1st HW - 2 stacks Countdown during HW + Fussil during HW (keepin up fb and CD - spamming FBs)
    Last edited by BansheeeeWW; 04-27-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Bansheee - Brutwacht EU
    www.whitewing.eu

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeeeWW View Post
    hi guys, so maybe it´s more helpful if we post some more detailed breakdowns - so I start with one. I am still not that fine with it but maybe someone who is more into that specc can read more out of these details.

>> pre stacked PS >> no consumables or stones used >> SP 5385 SC 1896 CP 862

parse was about 13,9 K when running OOM about 20 sec. before 2nd HW coming from CD

http://imageshack.us/f/832/bansheeefullpyro13900oo.png/

so, thx in advance
    zunderstoß = scaling shock on google translate lol. I don't know what that is so I'm assuming it's Fulminate. 25k~ each, 5casts. 5x45=225secs/60=3.75mins. Sounds right.

Have you tried parsing without Fulminate?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    zunderstoß = scaling shock on google translate lol. I don't know what that is so I'm assuming it's Fulminate. 25k~ each, 5casts. 5x45=225secs/60=3.75mins. Sounds right.

Have you tried parsing without Fulminate?

hi... sorry german client

Zunderstoß = Cinderburst (playing without Fuminate right now)
    Salve = Fussilade
    Flammenblitz = Flamebolt

... well also tested this specc on the pts and followed some other guys experience which said Fulminate in best case is someting like +/- 0 dmg - so I skipped it currently.
    Bansheee - Brutwacht EU
    www.whitewing.eu

I can post a dummy parse later, but with my stats (no consumes) I can get 14.5 k over 4min. 15k @ the 3min mark. That is without pillaging stone.

I think my stats are 5204sp/IDGAFsc/790cp

best way for comparisons is to go on PTS and post parses as per the 2.2 PTS Test Thread. (preset gear, no trinket, no cape, only T2 PA.)
    Last edited by Berzz; 04-27-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    I can post a dummy parse later, but with my stats (no consumes) I can get 14.5 k over 4min. 15k @ the 3min mark. That is without pillaging stone.

/IDGAFsc
    That's alotta sc lol

Question for bearz, are you keeping imp fb up/refreshing during hw? I haven't done any particular parses on that. Or just spam cd/fus/fireball.

As of now, I am keeping imp fb even through hw, but not sure if I'm losin out
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Keep imp FB up during heatwave. Try and flame bolt between the Aegis ICD during heatwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    Keep imp FB up during heatwave. Try and flame bolt between the Aegis ICD during heatwave.
    In one of these threads I suggested Flame Bolt as filler during HW but was corrected by someone suggesting non-Aegisproc Fireballs > Flame Bolts due to the crit rate of Improved Fireball. Have you found different?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast