+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancers relation to trinket-procs

Default Chloromancers relation to trinket-procs

Good day fellow mages.

I have been wondering a little about the relationship between trinkets like Spent Heavy Omniparticle Emitte, which randomly grant effects when you heal, and the damaging abilities of the chloro-healer.

Does the trinket-heals proc of our damaging attacks, or does it proc of the healing given by our veils? Or does it not?

I did a small overheal test on a dummy with myself and a friend, and I couldn't get it to proc of a VL-spam. Was I just unlucky, or does this not happen?

Trinket proc rate on dummies has been wonky for as long as trinkets and dummies have existed in Rift. Try getting Abyssal Mark of Power above 3 stacks on a dummy.... you'll be there a while. In other words, test trinket procs on something else such as one of the 90k+ HP mobs in Ashora or Steppes.

As far as I can tell, SHoE procs off of the heals generated from the veils as well as from direct heals. I've proc'd it off VL, VS, Ruin, WV, etc...
    Last edited by Frailaq; 04-26-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

If the acronym of the trinket is SHOE it will proc off of Veils. If it's something else, it's complete garbage and also probably doesn't proc off Veils.

In any case you should be doing a rain dance for a Karthan Ridge week-end so you can get a Ridgerunner trinket that you can upgrade with CQ marks rather than worrying about drops from experts/raids.

Sorry to steal the thread here but whats the best trinket for a healy mage atm anyways?

Plane Walker

Conquest trinket
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamorte View Post
    Sorry to steal the thread here but whats the best trinket for anyone atm anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by ReveBeck View Post
    Conquest trinket
    Fixed. Still not going to PvP or CQ. SHoE is the best non-PvP/CQ trinket for Chloro healing, Casket of Nightmares for a casting dps or Icon of Control for an AoE version, Howl of the Grave works for Harb and I haven't gotten the chance to try Gate of Wild Lightning (AoE melee) or Urn of Festering Ash (solo?) so can't comment on them.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Plane Walker

I have Icon of Control and SHoE and the lesser Conq trink (the old one).
    That way I can choose between more heals, more dps or a balance and more HP with the conq one.
    I wish the Icon would proc heals again, it was much better then, being life dmg after all.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread