+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Todays Hotifx for 2.2

Default Todays Hotifx for 2.2

MAGES
    CHLOROMANCER
    *Prionís Chloromancer Crystal: 4 piece set bonus now procs off of damage ticks of Void Life and initial damage from Vile Spores and Ruin. Duration of the buff has been increased to 15 seconds.
    DOMINATOR
    * Fixed an issue where casting Reflective Presence while another Charge consumer was active, such as Arresting Presence, would cause Reflective Presence to cost 0 Charge.
    HARBINGER
    * Lightning Blade, Luminous Weapon and Reaperís Blade can no longer be purged.
    PYROMANCER
    * Improved Fireball: Fixed an issue where Improved Fireball wasnít correctly affecting Ranks 11 Ė 14 of Fireball.
    ē Fireball: Reduced damage slightly.
    * Removed the shared cooldown between Fusillade and Extinguish.
    * Flame Volley: Can now be channeled while moving.
    * Inferno: Can now be cast on enemies below 40% health; up from 30%.
    * Spark: Now reduces the mana cost of non-instant Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    * Spark: Also reduces the cast time of Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    * Extinguish: Reduced its cooldown to 20 seconds.
    * Extinguish: No longer requires a target to cast and no longer considers Combust stacks to determine number of procs.
    * Combust: Had its damage reduced.
    * Flame Rupture: Is now removed when the enemy dies.
    * Glyphs of Power: Now provides its damage bonus full time, instead of only when standing still.
    STORMCALLER
    * Ride the Wind: Had its cooldown removed.
    * Ride the Wind: Now costs 30 Charge to cast and lasts 10 seconds, but no longer consumes Charge while active.
    * Slightly increased the radius of the AOE effects of Forked Lightning and Lightning Field.
    * Prionís Stormcaller Crystal: 2 piece set bonus no longer has an internal cooldown on the buff proc.
    WARLOCK
    * Contaminate: no longer blocks Sacrifice Life: Damage from being cast.

I know that fireball damage reduction is a small change but is that going to effect PryoHarbs and Harbs dps ? ive dont no testing with this yet and going to today but if anyone already knows shoot a reply !

Haven't tested it myself but guildies talked about the changes. Pyro-Harb is pretty much dead for two reasons; 61 pyro will be the highest dps spec in the game and the pyro changes effecting pyro-harb.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Haven't tested it myself but guildies talked about the changes. Pyro-Harb is pretty much dead for two reasons; 61 pyro will be the highest dps spec in the game and the pyro changes effecting pyro-harb.
    Hmm very good point, it does suck though i love Harb and PryoHarb after mastering it finally after month of everyone else mastering it lol

I'd switch to a mage if I had one because I prefer ranged, but our alt raid already has 8 mages. It seems like everyone rolled a mage for their alt. I prefer ranged for the versatility, there are encounters where it's difficult to play melee but with ranged you're guaranteed to be able to play it on every encounter, so you can focus on mastering one spec.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-24-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

So its this how the pyro was on PTS?

reason i ask, is bc i also notice they reduced combust along with fireball. flame volley on the move is nice, and removal of shared cd between fusillade and ext is nice.

but w/o being able to test just yet, was this an overall buff or nerf?
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by merder View Post
    So its this how the pyro was on PTS?

reason i ask, is bc i also notice they reduced combust along with fireball. flame volley on the move is nice, and removal of shared cd between fusillade and ext is nice.

but w/o being able to test just yet, was this an overall buff or nerf?
    A huge buff, combust never mattered in pvp for the damage, and fireball lost a couple hundred damage when I tested it against full valor

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    A huge buff, combust never mattered in pvp for the damage, and fireball lost a couple hundred damage when I tested it against full valor
    how about pve? just curious/anxious to give it a whirl... and forgot about cd lower on extinguish.
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Shadowlander

You seem to overlook

"Spark: Also reduces the cast time of Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%".

That turns fireball into 1.5 sec cast time, by far outweighting the slight nerf to its damage.
    Last edited by Casares; 04-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Prophet of Telara

WTB: New and improved Pyro guide!

Valerry, how are you feeling today?

HARBINGER
    * Lightning Blade, Luminous Weapon and Reaper°Įs Blade can no longer be purged.

This was the most frustrating thing ever, happy they finally made it so the blade's can't be purged.
    Last edited by DrainHeart; 04-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.

If pyro is still competing with melee specs then welp, time to raid with 15 pyro mages

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    If pyro is still competing with melee specs then welp, time to raid with 15 pyro mages
    Fights are so hard for melee. DPS checks are sooooo hard.
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Your raids must be fun to see if every dps is constantly switching to the fotm spec. Don't know how you have geared up the 15 warriors you have been running with up until now though.

Rift Disciple

Goodbye 61 warlock, I'll miss you. Time to play generic fireball mage again.

Rift Disciple

Pyro feels amazingly better, there is no doubt about it. I'm excited to give it a whirl at raids. One concern I have involves the state of Combust. I'm guessing its sole purpose now is to boost countdown and fusillade's damage, rather than the combust damage in and of itself being a solid portion of our damage. (at one point in time!) We have quite a few talent points spent to enhance combust, are the damage increases from countdown and fusillade more than what the old combust damage contribution was? Not sure I'm wording that the most eloquently, but whatever -- someone probably gets what I'm curious about.. does the damage of it really need to be so low? In the regards of pve, not pvp. We're set with the fireball turreting ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast