+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crithappens

Thread: Stat Caps ?

Soulwalker

Default Stat Caps ?

So I've searched these forums and google for "mage stat caps" "cp stat caps" "crit power stat cap"... and pretty much every variation of and I can't find any thread that relates to this question.

I found one closed thread where someone stated that the soft cap for crit chance was 45% and crit power hard cap was 50%... but no proof or response to the question of where they got the numbers from.

Is there a place where I can find information on this? Or is it just assumed that these are the actual numbers?

Also, I'm curious to know if the stats in game will actually show when they stop giving returns (ie. I'm told CP stat cap for mage is 600 but I still get the same ratio for 689 that I get for 600 or 300 CP so either it's not showing a loss in return or I haven't hit the soft or hard caps yet...)

Any solid information would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

idk if its been changed since storm legion came out, but the soft cap for crit chance used to be 40%, hard cap 60%. tho right now its rediculous to even try to get anywhere NEAR even 25%. crit power, i have no freaking clue as to caps

Crit soft caps at 45% and hard caps at 60%. This information can be found in the 1.4 patch notes.

Crit power hard caps at 50% and does not appear to have a soft cap. The 50% hard cap was mentioned in the live stream reveal for the Tempest soul months ago. It can also be found in the 1.11 patch notes.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

I heard the crit chance cap was lowered but I have don't have proof for it. Most likely I just misunderstood it when someone was implying that it is impossible to get high crit chance now.

However, when I tried parsing on a raid boss dummy on live (self-buffed and no consumables), my crit chance for all my 5 min parses were 40% but my crit chance based on my stats are less than 20%. Kind of weird...

For crit power, I don't know the cap based on the direct numbers but based on the 1.11 patch notes which says,"The Critical Hit damage and healing multiplier starts with a base of 1.5 and caps out at a maximum value of 2", I guess when you start crit-ing for 2x your normal hits, that is when you have reached the cap.
    Last edited by irkiz; 04-22-2013 at 04:59 AM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Prophet of Telara

Pet gets 1 % extra crit dmg per 10 CP points. After 500 CP you will get nothing, the bonus will be still 50 %. Assuming pet CP cap is the same as yours it means that Crit Power is capped at 50 % for you.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Pet gets 1 % extra crit dmg per 10 CP points. After 500 CP you will get nothing, the bonus will be still 50 %. Assuming pet CP cap is the same as yours it means that Crit Power is capped at 50 % for you.
    440 CP if you count banner for cp in a raid. BM pet can get 256% crit damage through enrage and Fury Unleashed. So not stat based percentages will still boost you over 200% critdamage.

All Stat Caps in Rift are based upon Rating value, not % Chance. So anything which provides a % benefit to the chance of something are not affected by caps.

Crit Chance Soft Cap is at 45% due to Rating only. So if you have 43% chance from Rating and a +5% Crit Chance talent your total crit chance will be 48%. I don't know what this Rating value is at level 60 since no-one is even vaguely close to hitting it, over 5000 at least. Iirc it was 1181.7 at level 50 for example. After the Soft Cap each point of Crit Chance Rating provides 1/5th of what it did previous to the cap. The Hard Cap is at 60% which will never be reached at level 60 because it's some absurd number.

Crit Power Hard Caps at 50% due to Rating which is 1400 Crit Power Rating, there is no Soft Cap. I've no idea how pets benefit from it because there's no reason to care, not really any pet specs worth using.

Dodge and Parry Chance Hard Cap at 40% due to Rating only, which is not attainable as it's over 9000 Rating.

Block and Deflect Chance Soft Cap at 45% due to Rating only which is just attainable at 3534 Rating. After the Soft Cap each point of Block/Deflect Rating provides 1/3 of the benefit it did before the cap. It Hard Caps at 60% due to Rating only which is over 10000 Rating.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 04-22-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread