+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WarUltima

Thread: Stormcaller buffs?

Default Stormcaller buffs?

I love the aesthetics of this soul and would really like it more viable so are there any buffs in the works? I'd love to be able to use it single target too if possible. I don't want to play a tempest haha.
    Valenntine@Faeblight

Like here's my ideas.

I'd like more channels for dps in this spec, it seems like it fits an electricity based spec. I'd also want the passives to give more benefits to help the spec out.

For electrified I'd have it reduced the channel times of channeled abilities against this target because it's more conductive (or maybe this makes more sense with hypothermia?) and also to refresh (not add!) stacks of electrified for any air damage taken by the mage.

Hypothermia can stack to eventually have a watery carapace effect shatter effect for more damage that way too.

Also need a lowish tier armor that buffs single-target damage but weakens aoe or something. Like a focus or inverse armor idk. Maybe have positive and negative charges to use for damage. I hope Trion does something cool for stormcallers!

This spec feels like it's been left out too much imo, I want to do fun damage with it both single target and aoe.
    Valenntine@Faeblight

It wouldn't let me edit for some reason but also maybe have more fun with charges like reducing cast times for attacking opposites and for attacking likes having a small knockback. Idk lol.
    Valenntine@Faeblight

I've leveled an alt to 47 so far with SC and it is a really fun spec with cool abilities and effects. It does good damage in PvP (which is how I leveled the alt) until around lvl 36 or so- then the damage really drops significantly. The AoE and knockbacks are grrreat. I also would like to see this spec get a tune-up and some love. It isn't really designed to be a ST spec though, so much.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-20-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    I've leveled an alt to 47 so far with SC and it is a really fun spec with cool abilities and effects. It does good damage in PvP (which is how I leveled the alt) until around lvl 36 or so- then the damage really drops significantly. The AoE and knockbacks are grrreat. I also would like to see this spec get a tune-up and some love. It isn't really designed to be a ST spec though, so much.
    But you'd be like darth vadar or w/e lol zapping ppl! =D It'd be so fun!
    Valenntine@Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valenntine View Post
    But you'd be like darth vadar or w/e lol zapping ppl! =D It'd be so fun!
    SC needs unlimited power.

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Ive noticed this too. I leveld my mage as a SC and the dmg it can put out at low levels is crazy. But as you said as soon as you get to the mid 30s the dmg drops off a lot

It would be really nice if Stormcaller received a toggle-buff similar to the Cabalist's "Obliterate" wherein Air AoE spells deal additional damage but only affect one target. This may prove more difficult to manage with a Stormcaller though, seeing as we have quite a few abilities whose core mechanic involves hitting multiple enemies (ie Storm Surge, talented Lightning Field, Lightning Burst, Lightning Arc).
    Last edited by takadox; 04-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    It would be really nice if Stormcaller received a toggle-buff similar to the Cabalist's "Obliterate" wherein Air AoE spells deal additional damage but only affect one target. This may prove more difficult to manage with a Stormcaller though, seeing as we have quite a few abilities whose core mechanic involves hitting multiple enemies (ie Storm Surge, talented Lightning Field, Lightning Burst, Lightning Arc).
    I've thought of a debuff that might help with that.

Lightning rod - makes a percentage of all the aoe air damage done effect the target.

That way all the aoes you do hurt this target enough so it's like doing single target
    Valenntine@Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    It just means going back to use CB/LF like how legacy stormcaller has always done.

I would like to see Stormcaller gain an ability similar to cabalist's where they suck a bunch of enemies together in a clump and briefly snare them. Somewhere around the point in the tree where you upgrade lightning field to charged field, around 30 points.

I kind of feel like the first point of supercharge (being able to have a 4th and then 5th electrified stack) should have been lower in the tree, like 1 at 25 and another at 30. I'm playing a stormcaller with a greater elemental so I wasn't able to go as deep in as I'd have liked to and maybe that skewed my view of the damage.

All stormcaller has needed for a good 12 hotfixes and two or three patches is MORE FREAKING DAMAGE

Like a lot of mage souls, now that pyro is somewhat comparable to an inquisitor on ranged DPS people are screaming "wahh nerf pyro" the reason they scream such silly things is because they never really noticed pyro DPS before behind all that scourge/vex stacking and nysyr's rebuking.

The rest of our souls are still sub par in a lot of respects.

Stormcaller + Necro are our pure AoE nuking specs, neither of which do comparable DPS to a tactician with a good amount of drawbacks.

Warlock is a hybrid ST/AoE spec that basically fails in both respects but is highly annoying because of its AoE fear alone.

Dominator is our control spec that can't really control that great half the time because whoops, stuns are on the same ICD as transmogrify and you just wasted a GCD or two bro. It has some AoE dps but the main thing that dominator brings is mass charged shield and that's just support fluff dps for everybody else to enjoy. Mana draining? Doesn't work, reverently supplicated mofo.

Chloromancer is somewhat balanced in what it does, but compared to cleric healers its completely overshadowed (because cleric healing is the most OP crap in the entire game hands down)

Archon is fine, most balanced soul we have right now.

Pyro is fine now, still not as strong as an inquisitor but thats because inquisitor was OP from day one of SL launch (i dont know how many of you remember nysyr's rebuke 1 shotting everybody and everything)

Harbinger is kind of alright, its good for support stuns but its not durable enough to be a frontline fighter without the 61 ability popped or chloro mix (at the tradeoff of vastly more useless damage)

Overall mage is pretty weak but stormcaller really exemplifies this because its mean't to be THE aoe nuking soul (along with caba, champion, necro and tactician) and clearly it isn't.

Two button torrent spam ftw i suppose.

People have been asking for stormcaller fixes for years now, they still haven't done jack squat.

Infact recently they have focused on all the souls that actually didn't need any focus

Like Riftblade (OP), Pyro (Borderline OP), Marksman (OP)

Im still waiting for the druid, reaver, champion, stormcaller focus.

Its like the only soul (along with harb) that i don't have slotted because its just bad, i can score a few kills with it but its totally disheartening on its durability and dps.

All glass without the cannon, sure can run though.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Static Discharge needs to attribute all damage to the mage that initiated it.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Static Discharge needs to attribute all damage to the mage that initiated it.
    Coda of Jeopardy/Illuminate has the same issue

+ Reply to Thread