+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DPS check (lock)

Default DPS check (lock)

Just wanna know if my DPS is where it should be with my current stats. (this dummy is not below 50% so death door doesn't factor in)

http://i.imgur.com/Lt0Mtn2.jpg

ps: my dps averaged around 8150 over 7min, it prob dropped to 8k due to dots still ticking or something after I stopped attacking
    Last edited by Timezown; 04-19-2013 at 07:35 PM.

more crit power !

try to aim for 9k to 10k with your gear with warlock then youll be set on any boss man

Quote Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
    more crit power !

try to aim for 9k to 10k with your gear with warlock then youll be set on any boss man
    well how do I get more crit power? just runes and stuff? None of my gear has much cp
    Last edited by Timezown; 04-19-2013 at 07:42 PM.

dont worry mate youll get it over time, from raid drops or lessers from the vendors for your core

Quote Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
    dont worry mate youll get it over time, from raid drops or lessers from the vendors for your core
    I can usually hit 9k at least when the boss goes below 50% hp (that's when I can start using deaths door)

Gotta use that Spider trinket, extra deeps!
    Nope.

just did the DRR... was doing 12k dps single target on average

idk how good of an indication of DPS that is though

Plane Walker

gotta take into account your pa as well for rift things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    gotta take into account your pa as well for rift things.
    ah yes... I have a 16% bonus against air

so in reality I was doing 10.92k dps

Also, if I'm reading the breakdown correctly, atrophy seems a little low, which could mean your refreshing dots too early
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Timezown View Post
    Just wanna know if my DPS is where it should be with my current stats. (this dummy is not below 50% so death door doesn't factor in)

http://i.imgur.com/Lt0Mtn2.jpg

ps: my dps averaged around 8150 over 7min, it prob dropped to 8k due to dots still ticking or something after I stopped attacking
    Honestly man, and no offense, your gear is just wayyy too bad to evaluate xD What I mean is, it's been too long and I don't remember having that low of a parse or stats. In my opinion, get close to full expert gear with some of the nice crafted stuff(stellar brilliant legs, chest, wand, wiscp cape, maybe even shoulders since yours are SC, other than the epics you obviously have)(this is where you get your cp), a trinket and then try to see where you're at vs others, as most people get to this level of gearing rather quickly.

A bit of constructive feedback though, I suppose, your spell breakdown looks fairly spot on. Your CA contribution could be improved though, as I see you didn't use Neddra's Torture(which is a gain over vbolt pre-DD application) or NG which won't proc on the dummy. Using either of these instant casts at the end of a void bolt cast will avoid the accidental, instant use of Opp procs on void bolt. Basically, every time you're hardcasting void bolt you should have alarms going off in your head, trying to avoid back to back vbolt.
    Last edited by NotTrev; 04-20-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Honestly man, and no offense, your gear is just wayyy too bad to evaluate xD What I mean is, it's been too long and I don't remember having that low of a parse or stats. In my opinion, get close to full expert gear with some of the nice crafted stuff(stellar brilliant legs, chest, wand, wiscp cape, maybe even shoulders since yours are SC, other than the epics you obviously have)(this is where you get your cp), a trinket and then try to see where you're at vs others, as most people get to this level of gearing rather quickly.

A bit of constructive feedback though, I suppose, your spell breakdown looks fairly spot on. Your CA contribution could be improved though, as I see you didn't use Neddra's Torture(which is a gain over vbolt pre-DD application) or NG which won't proc on the dummy. Using either of these instant casts at the end of a void bolt cast will avoid the accidental, instant use of Opp procs on void bolt. Basically, every time you're hardcasting void bolt you should have alarms going off in your head, trying to avoid back to back vbolt.
    yeah im just returning to rift haven't played since late jan-early feb

Rift Disciple

I dunno, the gain from NT is tiny. NG procs very often on most bosses (except Cyril, but on other bosses NG deals as much damage as most of your dots/CD), but NT doesn't benefit VB/VB and may be outstripped by the VB bonus base damage granted by the 4 pc dungeon/2pc raid crystal.
    Last edited by LordofBones; 04-20-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    I dunno, the gain from NT is tiny. NG procs very often on most bosses (except Cyril, but on other bosses NG deals as much damage as most of your dots/CD), but NT doesn't benefit VB/VB and may be outstripped by the VB bonus base damage granted by the 4 pc dungeon/2pc raid crystal.
    No, you're right about the damage gain from NT being tiny, as it's only one every 20seconds. My point was that he didn't cast NT, which he should be trying to do to maximize CA procs, which IS a big gain. NT doesn't benefit void decimation(vb/vbar damage), you're right(this is why it's only a >vbolt pre-DD), but NT does accept bonuses from SL and ED and NT is still greater than vbolt with contaminate.

Just double checked and my voidbolt's highest hit(not crit, 74 attempts) with 5 dots and contaminate was 5734 while just my second NT, with no modifiers, checked in at 5980.

And honestly I haven't yet found a boss that doesn't at least proc 3/5NG. It's to the point that I've stopped checking. Like I said, NG won't proc on the dummy but it's good practice to maximize CA contribution. And if you use ACT or Riftmeter they actually count # of casts, so you can easily quantify how much additional damage your 15 or w/e NG's would have done(average VBolt damage) and then divide by encounter duration to see how much dps that would be, adding it to what your parses says is the total.

Quote Originally Posted by Timezown View Post
    yeah im just returning to rift haven't played since late jan-early feb
    Sorry, didn't mean bag on your gear too much, it's just that you have almost zero CP so it's hard to say whether or not 8k is even bad for where you're at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast