+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Staff vs 1h oh

Soulwalker

Default Staff vs 1h oh

So i screwed up a bit. Returning to rift and didnt do my research automatically assuming that staff was still the way to go, with pa points spend on 2h etc. Anyways i saw the bonus eventually and wanting to main a lock i see the problem. How much of a damage loss will I see from this mistake? Think GMs would help with this issue? I am refering to the world gear for reference.
    Last edited by Slidt; 04-19-2013 at 07:08 AM.

You can purchase a PA respec from your class trainer.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    You can purchase a PA respec from your class trainer.
    I know, but the IS will be lost no matter. Besides my PA are specced for 2h atm, which fits my healer staff as a wannabe lock.

I'm not sure what you're asking, use the weapon set with the best stats you have, spec PA appropriately. If you have bad weapons then perhaps wait until you are unlikely to change them for a while before respeccing. I for instance haven't ever had to respec my PA since they were released 18 months ago because the best weapons I've had have all been the same.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

In short - i got the empyrean hero staff. It has a healing set bonus with the wand. However I am going to focus on dps. The counterpart to the 2h is the 1h+oh which has a setbonus that is, 80 sp I think. Now my questions is - how much more dps is the 1h + oh if any?

Lock is more CP focused than SP focused so you're better off not worrying about getting a separate weapon set for lock only. In the end, mh/oh is best in slot if you ever consider going for relics. Up to you though. Don't stress so much about it, you'd hardly notice a difference.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 04-19-2013 at 09:07 AM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

The 1h OH combo has a damage proc set bonus. But the 1h is an expert dungeon drop. You may never get it.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

There is no weapon set bonus in SL worth worrying about getting. Don't even pay attention if it is a healing proc, just look at what gets you more spellpower / crit power. With lower PA levels staff is more efficient, but MH/OH combos tend to be slightly higher raw stats than their 2h equivalents. The caveat is, of course, that they also tend to be more difficult to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The caveat is, of course, that they also tend to be more difficult to acquire.
    This

Eg, I have a great oh, but still using the blue one hander from the chronicle
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

+ Reply to Thread