+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller for AoE?

Shadowlander

Default Stormcaller for AoE?

Is Stormcaller primarily a multi-mob killing, AoE spec? In PvE, can it do decent single target damage?

Thanks.

Plane Walker

Yes, stormcaller is primarily intended as an AOE spec. Unfortunately is is currently overshadowed by dominator as an AOE soul, although I believe the single target can be a good chunk higher with stormcaller than dom with a proper spec/rotation.

It should be noted that the single target is no where near competitive, and is basically just enough to not make you useless if you can't AE. It does have great burst though, lots of very hard hitting nukes.
    Last edited by Scuba Steve; 04-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I mean, you didn't see Gandalf bunnyhopping through Mordor blasting away with instant cast spells.

Soulwalker

Stormcaller for nothing

in my own experience stormcaller is pretty decent sustained aoe, and I can pull ahead of dominator on it, there's just not many places this comes into play- I like to use it for trash- dom and sc aren't too far apart. Its terrible in pvp and dominator is better on burst though, and I think mage aoe needs a boost in general to match the outputs of other callings, but I think stormcaller is usable, the biggest issue is there just isn't enough aoe design in raiding. On matriarch sc seems really buggy too, the electrifieds don't match up right (lightning field will chain onto the boss and remove stacks from her but it won't show on the adds which makes it hard to plan out), so I skip it here.
    Last edited by Inixia; 04-18-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm currently lvl 44 and just looking at the Dom tree what spells are you guys using for AoE damage? I see a ton of control spells, but not a lot for damage at my level compared to stormcaller.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AeonJean View Post
    I'm currently lvl 44 and just looking at the Dom tree what spells are you guys using for AoE damage? I see a ton of control spells, but not a lot for damage at my level compared to stormcaller.
    You need to level up. The best Dom AOE spells are deep root spells: Void Wall (48), Mass Betrayal (51) and Lighting Wall (58).
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread