+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chloro healing

Default chloro healing

how can I maximize my healing as a chloro in pvp? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Plane Walker

Some things I do in PVP (Not saying I'm the best, but I pull good numbers when I heal.)

Pick a tanky target that won't die fast that you can simply use to heal off of. Pets make a good targets.

Keep Corrosive Spores and Radiant Spores up.

If you are not being focused, spam vile spores and nature's touch when the cast is below GCD. If you are taking lots of damage that pushes back your casts, use void life.

If you are on the move, try to keep withering vines on 3 targets, and use ruin.

Use your pure ST heals to save low HP team mates. (Bloom, Natural Healing, Healing Torrent, Resurgence, Essence Surge.)

Only synth a target if you want to be a pocket healer.
    Last edited by Scuba Steve; 04-17-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I mean, you didn't see Gandalf bunnyhopping through Mordor blasting away with instant cast spells.

Champion

Nature's fury is good when there are some enemies grouped together in addition to vile spores/nature's touch.

I mix in void life sometimes because the 2s cast time on vile spores is a long time in pvp and sometimes it's a pain to get off. On a related note, I think if I went into pvp with a chloro that didn't have 3 points into pushback reduction I'd rage and tear off my face. I hate nothing more than interrupted or slow casts and pyro in general I think is a solid subsoul to go into. Flicker is excellent for escapes and as a CC breaker.

Pay attention to wild growth, use it often. You can try saving it for big encounters to some extent, but generally use it on cooldown if there's fighting going on.

I like mouseovers very much in pvp for damaging instants like corrosive spores, withering vines. I just find it easier to get off casts with the mouseover macros instead of either clicking a target or tab targetting and hoping something god happens.

Also I've had moderate success swapping veils recently in warfronts. Tanks who soak tons of damage are good to keep alive as well as your poor cleric healing friends. Sometimes I'll even try swapping on the fly to specific damage dealers. You can't save mage chloros because veils can't heal each other veils, but if you can save a good cleric healer you just earned a gold star. If timed correctly, this veil switching is very useful. If timed poorly, you unnecessarily gimp your heals for no benefit. Because the skill level of the opponent varies so much wf to wf I'll usually wait and see how the teamwork and focus fire is before trying to get fancy and switch between aoe and synth targets on the fly. Often I just won't bother at all and leave the single target healing to the clerics though.
    Last edited by MonkeysUncle; 04-18-2013 at 01:15 AM.

I'd advise 11 Pyro / 4 Harbinger. You could go 8/7 to get Natural Swiftness but I really prefer Flicker and you'll notice the 0.1s cast time reduction.

cast @mouseoverui Synthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I'd advise 11 Pyro / 4 Harbinger. You could go 8/7 to get Natural Swiftness but I really prefer Flicker and you'll notice the 0.1s cast time reduction.

cast @mouseoverui Synthesis
    I thank you for that input from you guys. Im fairly new at chloro-healing. The other question I had is about @mouseover macros. The problem is that when im healing a specific player im clicking on his name in the raid frame. This is difficult for me. Do the mouseover macros allow you to position your cursor over the player on the raid frame without clicking their name, or would I mouseover the actual player? And if you could give me an example of the correct way to create these macros it would really be awesome. Just for context, I do keybind all my abilities but having to click on the raid frame with my cursor is a little weird, and most of the time handicaps my movement ( since I have to turn with my mouse ). Again, thanks for all support. Im really liking healing in pvp but I know it could be a little bit easier with the correct macros and a little guidance.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swayer View Post
    I thank you for that input from you guys. Im fairly new at chloro-healing. The other question I had is about @mouseover macros. The problem is that when im healing a specific player im clicking on his name in the raid frame. This is difficult for me. Do the mouseover macros allow you to position your cursor over the player on the raid frame without clicking their name, or would I mouseover the actual player? And if you could give me an example of the correct way to create these macros it would really be awesome. Just for context, I do keybind all my abilities but having to click on the raid frame with my cursor is a little weird, and most of the time handicaps my movement ( since I have to turn with my mouse ). Again, thanks for all support. Im really liking healing in pvp but I know it could be a little bit easier with the correct macros and a little guidance.
    Yes, they will. @mouseoverui will limit it to the raid frames, @mouseover will work if you're mousing over the player too.

#show ability
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] @self ability <= optional, this is just my way of doing it
    cast @mouseoverui ability
    cast ability

You don't need the last line apparently either.

With respect to the problem with mouse position, I recommend leaving it around the raid frames and get used to just flicking it over them when you need to heal.

EDIT: Should also mention, though you might know this already:

Lifegiving Veil: Vile Spores, Corrosive Spores, I like Nature's Fury but some don't
    Lifebound Veil: Void Life, Corrosive Spores, Nature's Fury, Ruin

Only use NF when you have the Boon stacks built up for it.

Remember other chloros can't be healed except with Natural Healing/Healing Torrent/your instants. If you are under heavy fire, Natural Healing spam with instants as appropriate will keep you up better than continuing to get veil heals. Only use Healing Torrent if the enemy can't interrupt.

I also really like synthesis swapping, though it's tricky. You have to practice the timing since it has a GCD delay; sometimes it's better to just try to keep someone up as you are rather than swap, they die, and you're left without the flexibility of a veil swap for another 3.5s.

This is an okay example of Chloro healing: LOUD music.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 04-19-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Yes, they will. @mouseoverui will limit it to the raid frames, @mouseover will work if you're mousing over the player too.

#show ability
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] @self ability <= optional, this is just my way of doing it
    cast @mouseoverui ability
    cast ability

You don't need the last line apparently either.

With respect to the problem with mouse position, I recommend leaving it around the raid frames and get used to just flicking it over them when you need to heal.
    thanks this is very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Lifegiving Veil: Vile Spores, Corrosive Spores, I like Nature's Fury but some don't
    Lifebound Veil: Void Life, Corrosive Spores, Nature's Fury, Ruin

Only use NF when you have the Boon stacks built up for it.
    I think you meant Nature's Touch :P

As for Nature's Fury, it's worth using for raid healing when there's 3+ enemies for it to hit, or in all cases for DPS if maximum healing isn't a concern.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I think you meant Nature's Touch :P

As for Nature's Fury, it's worth using for raid healing when there's 3+ enemies for it to hit, or in all cases for DPS if maximum healing isn't a concern.
    Err yeah, that. Definitely that. And it's worth using it under Lifegiving with 3+? That's good to know, cheers.

EDIT: Also, should mention, if you get downtime or just entering a fight, note that 5x Natural Healing => capped Charge (less if /lock).
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 04-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Honestly, effective chloro healing outside of scion and conquest is better in LBV. Synth swap to allies who are being focused. Use symbiosis on another ally(or your synth target for rofl healing) and they'll take synth heals as well while under the effect of symbiosis. Use your instants(bloom, NH, resurgence, Healing Torrent) to top others off as well as use withering vines, corrosive spores on CD, and radiant spores(If I notice the opposing healers are good cleansers, I use this on CD). Use void life when in LBV and NT when it's below the GCD or instant(I personally save it for when I'm on the move or I notice my synth target is about to take a bunch of FF). LGV chloros won't necesarily save anyone's life because after your instants, Natural Healing is not enough to keep a person alive through focus fire.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 04-19-2013 at 01:47 PM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

+ Reply to Thread