+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer has a AOE Problem. Please help!

Soulwalker

Default Pyromancer has a AOE Problem. Please help!

Currently the pyromancer backdraft and flame storm can only be cast when there is no specific target. This a problem when mobs move, or when a mob targets YOU. You have to stop dps click several times on ground without selecting a nearby ally and begin to cast again. Please make both targeted abilities much like the inquisitor soul drain so we don't waste time we should be DPSing on clearing a target. Really appreciate the help.

protip: hit escape to deselect

I use Fire Storm all the time and it works just fine. Both it and Backdraft are GTAoE which means Ground Targeted Area of Effect. In other words, you use the ability and your cursor will turn into a large circle which you then place somewhere on the ground. So yes, you can have mobs targeted and still use it but just realize that it won't go on the mob, it goes on the ground. Working as intended even if GTAoEs do have other issues (try dropping one in the Zaviel fight).
    Last edited by Frailaq; 04-19-2013 at 04:51 AM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Plane Touched

I think he's referring to when you're placing the ground target that you can click a spot where it appears to be safe to drop, but some how you click on an ally which prevents the aoe from being placed. I've run into this issue more times than I could even begin to count while Inquisitor when Soul Drain was melee only.

Soulwalker

I use fire storm quite a bit and have never run into that problem. My target can be a friendly player or a mob and it still works fine. You might try using the combat settings "Cast on Target of Target" and "Show Target of Target"

hth

+ Reply to Thread