+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riane

Thread: Chloro bug or derp?

Rift Disciple

Default Chloro bug or derp?

Since Wed I've noticed some very odd issues that crop up randomly.

Sometimes I cannot heal with direct-heal abilities.

The most common occurrence (happened just now) is when getting into a dungeon and the tank switches from whatever he was in to his tank spec. His health climbs up, and instead of waiting for him to drink up I usually just drop a direct-heal. So I'll hit Bloom and the ability will go on CD, but it does absolutely NO heal. No other direct-heal abilities work either, with the exception of Flourish.

Now all of my direct-heal abilities are macro'd similarly:

#show Bloom
    cast @mouseoverui Bloom

I've tried hovering over the raid frame and using Bloom and it doesn't work. I've tried selecting the tank, both in the raid frame or selecting his 3D model, and that doesn't work, either.

It's only after entering combat that the direct-heals start to work!

I thought it might be the macro, but when I use the un-macro'd ability by itself, it still doesn't work. I will select the tank, hit Bloom, it goes on CD, and nothing happens.

I've looked in the various settings to see if maybe there was some option that I missed like, "Do not heal tanks when selecting Target of Target of tank when starting instance" but I didn't see anything amiss ... and I didn't change my settings anyway.

Anyone else noticing this?

Soulwalker

I haven't had an issue with those macros. I would just say make sure you are actually hovering over the raid frames or the character portrait.

Ascendant

If cast-through-targets'-target is enabled, be careful
    Last edited by Ahov; 04-13-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Champion

Casted bloom through targets target today, and many times, both on event and raid, and no problems there. I don't have it on macro though, so maybe a macro issue.

If you have mouseoverui macro, it is best to disable cast thru targets target. If you don't use mouseoverui macros, its best to enable cast thru targets target for QoL. However cast thru targets target sometimes prioritizes itself over the mouseoverui command, and can cause headaches.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

What did your combat log show?

Rift Disciple

Hmm. Didn't think to check the log, although visually nothing changed on the tank's health bar.

Noticed another weird thing yesterday - was running Storm Breaker and got to the part where you have to hold off the architects. Interestingly, I could pick up the land mine and the reactive popped up as normal, but I couldn't place the mine at all until I entered combat and cast an offensive spell on an architect. I fiddled with it a bit and then got it to the point where if I selected a party member or myself I could place the mine.

I do not have "Cast on Target's Target" selected.

This is very frustrating!
    Last edited by steebu; 04-15-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    Hmm. Didn't think to check the log, although visually nothing changed on the tank's health bar.

Noticed another weird thing yesterday - was running Storm Breaker and got to the part where you have to hold off the architects. Interestingly, I could pick up the land mine and the reactive popped up as normal, but I couldn't place the mine at all until I entered combat and cast an offensive spell on an architect. I fiddled with it a bit and then got it to the point where if I selected a party member or myself I could place the mine.

I do not have "Cast on Target's Target" selected.

This is very frustrating!
    If you are out of range or have a LoS issue and you cast the mouseoverui skill, it will cast onto yourself instead of the target that's out of range. Some experts have very bad LoS issues in certain parts. That may have been it.

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    Well, I asked because if you're using @mouseoverui and you're not mousing over anything, it will [over]heal you. If it happens again, check the combat log to see who received the spell.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdRevelation View Post
    If you are out of range or have a LoS issue and you cast the mouseoverui skill, it will cast onto yourself instead of the target that's out of range. Some experts have very bad LoS issues in certain parts. That may have been it.
    I'd say this was the issue if I were 40m away from the tank or around the corner, but this was not the case. Usually I'll notice the issue at the start of the dungeon where we're all grouped up and the tank switches roles to his tank role and his health climbs. The tank is literally stacked on top of me and I'll either mouseover the raid frame or even click-select him and nothing happens.

As I mentioned before, once I enter combat everything works fine.

Yeah, yeah, /reloadui, logged, restarted game, etc. I've tried all those. :-(

As it is, it's occasional so I'm not terribly worried about it, although logging does seem to help the most (I've had to log twice), and it only happens when not in combat. L2Drink, I guess ...

Rift Disciple

whats probably happening is he is switching otu Dps gear and tank gear and you are not waiting till he is fully finished switching gear.. if he changes 3 or 4 pieces of gear he'll drop to 50% hp you can heal just as he adds more tank gear and it will visually look like his health didnt move.... its just he gained more max HP. that or your mouse over ui macro is broken. best bet is to wait for it to happen again and check your combat log. also are you doing this when the UI is still in party frames before its converted to Raid frames... i have this issue if i try to hover over peoples pictures in a party. You have to be exactly over their picture for it to work right... Thats why ive changed the setting to make my UI use Raid frames even when in party. also another thing it could be as well if you ui elements are over a spot where you have disabled ui elements... ive seen that cause issues any time i disable a UI element i put it in the upper left hand corner of the screen so i dont have any issues with Mouseoverui macros or selecting things in game.
    Last edited by Cichard; 04-16-2013 at 04:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread