+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: "Chloro" Relic Set Bonuses

Default "Chloro" Relic Set Bonuses

I know, this has already been brought up multiple times already - but I'm doing it again, since Trion is currently working on another "balancing" patch anyways.

I just got both - Rend the Heavens & Fate of the Wind. I got these items primarily because I'm main spec chloromancer, and everyone in the guild thought that it belonged in my hands.

Worse part is, this is by far, the most useless set bonus I have ever seen. Oh wait - I take that back. You also have the Chloromancer raid crystal which doesn't really take into account for LGV healing either. (This is under-exaggerated as well, other classes/specs crystals are terrible as well, lolRiftStalkers?)

So as it stands, I'm using a Harbinger crystal - forced to use the sword for 200SP since I generally raid heal and I'm not spamming Void Life over Vile Spores regardless of if it's possible - and I have this completely useless set bonus that I haven't seen proc once when healing in my raids this week.

Trion...what are you doing for us Chloromancers? Anything? I didn't even see anything relating to the "Tame the Winds" set bonus when I went into LBV healing when asked. Why did these become main spec chloromancing items, when I apparently should be using a DPS item (not to mention a DPS crystal) in order to benefit more with my spec and gain more spell power / crit power?

I've sat back and watched a lot of questionable things fly by without really raising my voice about it - but this itself is just...I don't understand, I'd like some insight as to why our set bonus only apparently procs on "ST" heals - which IMO doesn't seem to take into consideration LBV since that splash heals 5 others.

Who the hell just spams Natural Healing? (I take that back, I actually knew a person that did that in a dungeon once thinking that's how they healed...).

I guess I'm kind of peeved since this is supposed to be what a chloromancer is rocking to make them feel epic, but at the same time - the stats are pathetic and the proc is utterly useless - and now I regret spending the plat or time with these items (aside from the wand, the wand is sexy).
    Retired; 11/23/13 - Good luck, all.

Plane Walker

I for one am glad this has been brought up again, as it's still a bit of a joke really.
    In 1 patch they broke both of those items as well the Icon of Control which no longer procs heals from the Life dmg it puts out either.
    So that's 3 useful items which used to work perfectly all broken.

I have the Fate of the Wind and see it proc maybe 1-2 times per 3 hour raid - That's so awesome!

I was trying to find any loot from the current tiers for a Mage which is made for Chloro - there doesn't appear to be a single item since they are all 'single target healing spells'.
    Just change them all to 'healing spells' and they're all fixed, simples!

The only decent thing I've heard is that on PTS the Crystal is going to get stacks from VS as well as VL which would fix it for LGV use.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Have to agree every chlro in our guild uses the harb crystal for healing the chlro one is wank lol

it is a minuscule effect indeed
    i support the direction of this topic

Default I agree..

The proc rate is redonkulous given it is "suppose" to be relic..It would be more beneficial as an aoe proc if the proc ever happened . I read that it procc'ed one time on a forum somewhere..
    Alerand - Mage - Warcry - Faeblight , Aleinna-Warrior
    4/4 TotDQ, 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG 3/5 PB + mini's t3

I don't know if there's any middle ground currently.

If they change it to proc off all healing spells like it used to, it procs way more than they intended it to for chloros, way more even than you'd see it procing for a warden. With st heals it barely procs at all for chloros, and a little bit more for purifiers/sentinels though it's not a significant portion of their hps either.

Look at the dps procs on weapons and they're usually about .5% of total dps. If they were looking for a balance healing procs would probably be about there too. Procs in rift don't make or break a weapon, which I think is their intent, they're just a very small bonus.

Make it so somehow Synthesis procs a separate heal somehow? Seems like it'd be the only way to do it without letting it proc off of aoe heals. Or make the internal cooldown long as **** and let it proc off aoe heals.
    Last edited by nicold; 04-12-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Quote Originally Posted by nicold View Post
    Make it so somehow Synthesis procs a separate heal somehow? Seems like it'd be the only way to do it without letting it proc off of aoe heals. Or make the internal cooldown long as **** and let it proc off aoe heals.
    Yeah if it had an ICD of 2-3 seconds or so that'd probably mimic how often it procs for clerics.

edit: okay maybe longer than that. veils do heal very often
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 04-12-2013 at 06:57 AM.

The Synergy Crystal is being updated to include Vile Spores as well as Void Life, although unsure when that's coming Live.

I agree that the proc is ridiculous, it's not uncommon for me to get 0 procs from either Fate of the Wind or Rend the Heavens in an entire fight. The most reliable ability I've found is Life Leech, it procs all the time there! Even when the procs worked on Veils they really weren't that strong, it wasn't like they magically gave several thousand HPS, it was a few hundred at most.

I can't be the only one who is getting really sick of the procs in this game, every time one of them hasn't been completely useless it's been nerfed through the floor. I understand they aren't meant to be gamebreaking, but I would actually like to notice a difference between my Epics and my Relics, 40 Spellpower doesn't really do all that much.
    Nope.

changing it to a SP proc on heals for mages might be a better solution and make the crummy staff stats better at the same time
    Last edited by nicold; 04-12-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Much like with Pre-SL gear, damage or heal procs on relics aren't a reason to want that relic for healing or DPS. It's a miniscule bonus. Don't really see a need to increase the amount or proc rate because it's not something that's going to make or or break an encounter's kill.

I wouldn't mind stat procs again ala Asphodel's Primal Beacon once it changed from a spell crit to spell power proc.
    Last edited by Riane; 04-12-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I can't be the only one who is getting really sick of the procs in this game, every time one of them hasn't been completely useless it's been nerfed through the floor. I understand they aren't meant to be gamebreaking, but I would actually like to notice a difference between my Epics and my Relics, 40 Spellpower doesn't really do all that much.
    I know I suck at Math but Primal is on another level!

http://www.rifthead.com/item/8FA8AFE...f-broken-souls
    http://www.rifthead.com/item/EB9D8CE...nd-the-heavens

Meh. This means you're not locked into one weapon type or set if you only play one role or the other. Ineffective set bonus/proc = less frustration in obtaining a weapon. I'd be really miffed if I had to wait for that wand because I think we've only seen it once since December.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I for one am glad this has been brought up again, as it's still a bit of a joke really.
    In 1 patch they broke both of those items as well the Icon of Control which no longer procs heals from the Life dmg it puts out either.
    So that's 3 useful items which used to work perfectly all broken.

I have the Fate of the Wind and see it proc maybe 1-2 times per 3 hour raid - That's so awesome!

I was trying to find any loot from the current tiers for a Mage which is made for Chloro - there doesn't appear to be a single item since they are all 'single target healing spells'.
    Just change them all to 'healing spells' and they're all fixed, simples!

The only decent thing I've heard is that on PTS the Crystal is going to get stacks from VS as well as VL which would fix it for LGV use.
    The Fate of the Wind and the Rend of Hevans were both about 90 ehps combined when they were actually procing from veil heals. That was a perfectly acceptable number considering I was sacrificing spell power for spell crit when using the weapon. They then ninja nerfed it on PTS when experimenting with the chloro veil fix.

This change was brought to Kervik's attention and he told me this was by design and as intended. Sad indeed.

However, Icon of Control was broken; It was never ever EVER supposed to proc chloro veils. This item was incredibly overpowered when used as a chloro as it easily added 2k hps on multiple target encounters such as Matriarch. Very glad they changed this item.

Back on topic: Comon Kervik! What are you thinking, it has been over 3 months and no word about these items?? What do you intend for chloros to do, spam natural healing/ healing torrent/ bloom/ essense surge/ resurgence as our only healing in order to maybe get the weapon to proc? I do hope that was not your idea.

These items were not even close to overpowered when they were procing off of veils, as I said, on a standard Reggie attempt I averaged a combined effective heals per second of 90 (ninety).
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Meh. This means you're not locked into one weapon type or set if you only play one role or the other. Ineffective set bonus/proc = less frustration in obtaining a weapon. I'd be really miffed if I had to wait for that wand because I think we've only seen it once since December.
    You see, that's a great idea, however there are some like myself who actually passed on items due to the fact of this set bonus having synergy with my main spec. I enjoyed these items when they worked. A month after obtaining both items they ninja nerf them.

So now that I passed on other weapons, and was one of the first to obtain the weapon and wand, I have been on a never-ending waiting list for a new weapon.

You say it is less frustration, but that's only if you already have not obtained these items. Keep in mind I also spent 1000 plat for the two vendor items needed to upgrade both the staff and the wand. That is not exactly cheap for items which are worthless to me now that they are nerfed, and i cant wait to runebreak the staff once I get my "real" weapon which does not have stupid amounts of spell crit on it.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast