+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon crystal

Default Archon crystal

Would the archon crystal be best to use in a raid setting assuming the arching buffs stay up? Seeing as the bonus from archon is 320 sp as opposed to 200 from others. Just wondering if others had tried this and saw any gains.

Using it for dps in a raid setting obviously. Has anyone tested this?

The raid crystal (purple) or expert one (blue)? The Archon expert one is amazing compared to the others. I got the raid crystal earlier and have yet to test it.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

For the Archon? Yes. For anyone else? Absolutely not. Only one set of Archon auras can exist at one time so if you have a dps throwing up some auras then they will be competing with the primary Archon's auras. Also, the crystal requires all 4 auras to be active to be worth 320 SP and to get all 4 you have to go pretty deep into archon which would be a dps loss for a dps'er. For clarification, you have Shared Vigor, Vitality of Stone, Arcane Aegis, and Burning Purpose (51 point ability).

Not sure if they've fixed the bug with the Archon crystal or not yet but I know for a while there you could go to Archon spec, equip the Archon crystal, throw up your auras, and then somehow manage to keep the crystal bonus active even while switching specs but that is a bug and if it is still possible it shouldn't be used.

*Edit - actually, I think I see what you mean and no, you only gain the crystal bonus if you personally have the crystal equipped and you personally cast the auras.
    Last edited by Frailaq; 04-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

+ Reply to Thread