+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By parangea

Thread: Not another mage tank thread

Default Not another mage tank thread

Warriors get a bit of healing through Beastmaster which can throw out a lot if played right, why can't we tank? Something with "Empyrean Shields" or high dodge or something? While all the other classes are grinding out their DPS and Tank gear it gets kind of boring. Rune King Molinar was a lot of fun, why not reuse the mage tank mechanic there? Please Trion, that would be the best thing in the world. Add more gear in 2.3 or 2.4 or something with dodge and toughness and endurance!!
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Rift Chaser

saying warriors can heal is like saying mages can tank with pet tank.

would be no point to adding toughness gear for mages unless they make an actual tank soul as we would be unable to hold threat

honestly the healing from BM is pretty much a joke, it isn't a healing soul and if they give mages a tank soul they have to give warriors a legit heal soul and rogues a legit heal soul and clerics a legit support role

i don't see that happening anytime soon and i don't really want it to happen

they have problems with itemization already, this would be an excuse for them to **** it up even more
    Last edited by nicold; 04-04-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

I am completely fine with that. Yes I meant a legit tank soul. Threat building and instead of block or deflect we could have "shield" or something. Higher armor and resist and all that fun stuff. Warriors should be able to heal, rogues should be able to heal. And I've seen BM pull about 1k raid heals. Not good but better than a DPS soul could put out.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Shadowlander

I dont think it will happen outside of another expansion. Adding a Mage Tank role would require a huge investment in terms of adding in gear. They would need to add in mage tank gear for the World Vendor, for Expert dungeon vendor, the Raid marks vendor, the Adventure dealer, etc Thats just SL content. If they add a mage tank, they'd have to have mage tank gear for low levels too so they would have to add an entire itemization for 1-50. If they are going to put this much work in it, they might as well just create a brand new class outside of War/Mage/Cleric/Rogue. Not to mention all the dungeons and raids would have to have brand new gear implemented into their loot tables for mage tank drops. And as soon as they give Mage tanks, then War Healer and Rogue Healer are next or else the forums wouldn't stop *****ing. I just don't see it happening. If they tried to circumvent it by letting mages tank in their current gear it would be OP not having to have 2 sets of gear for dps/tank which would make it the easiest to gear class in the entire game.

My point: It's not going to happen. Want to tank? Just roll one of the other 3 classes.

What if it didn't need new gear? What if they added it to the current gear for dodge as a part of intelligence and "block" or whatever Trion wants to make that out of wisdom. Toughness? make it a part of the soul, if you have 400 hit you have 400 toughness (ready for T1 raids) and so on so forth, so you just need the hit and then you then have the toughness.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    What if it didn't need new gear? What if they added it to the current gear for dodge as a part of intelligence and "block" or whatever Trion wants to make that out of wisdom. Toughness? make it a part of the soul, if you have 400 hit you have 400 toughness (ready for T1 raids) and so on so forth, so you just need the hit and then you then have the toughness.
    so mages get one set of gear for everything and everyone get 2 or 3 would not go over will

Mages already have one set of gear. We have DPS. Clerics, Warriors, and Rogues have tank and DPS gear. Now if you want to go with SP (or AP) gear and CP gear, then Mages have 2 and Clerics, Warriors, and Rogues have 3.

please OP, read the title YOU gave the thread.
    we don't want/need another mage tank thread.

/thread
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

+ Reply to Thread