+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Raid heal spec

Plane Touched

Default Raid heal spec

I've been using the same heal spec for tank and raid heals, and I was wondering if there is a better spec for raid healing and/or tank healing for that matter. I am using 61chloro/10dom/5harb at the moment. I assume the best specs will be 61 point chloro builds for the gift and living aegis. But if there are better sub-souls or if someone has a completey differnet spec they swear by, I'm all ears. Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    Last edited by Dreezie; 04-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Burning Fury

10 pyro/5 harb, I drop some SP for flicker though

Top raid healing since you can pick up fiery concentration as well. Arguably top tank healing due to the nature of Burning Fury.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-02-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Highest total HPS throughput: 61/10/5 Chloro/Pyro/Harb

Nearly as high HPS with Flicker: 61/11/4 Chloro/Pyro/Harb

Nearly as high HPS with +8% run speed: 61/8/7 Chloro/Pyro/Harb

Which one of those three you choose to run is mostly up to you. Flicker is a handy CC breaker and my preferred chloro spec but some people do better with the constant run speed boost from 7 Harb and others don't seem to need either one and can run the barely better HPS 10/5 build.

The next highest in terms of HPS throughput would be the 61/10/5 Chloro/Dom/Harb build. This one will actually have higher min heals but won't crit anywhere near as often meaning less total throughput but a much more stable healer in general. The Pyro builds will typically have much higher overhealing too.

Another option that most people wouldn't need is the Lock/Arch variant. If you have it, stack HP and call dibs on Radiant Spores. This is a fun build if your raid wants to use a BM since you can Power Drain quite often (Note that Magelo hasn't updated the tooltip for Blood Pact yet... "Blood Pact: Now increases the maximum number of stacks of the Archon's Searing Vitality buff by 1-2."). Remember, the only purpose of this build is to provide 90% of the HPS of a full chloro alongside PD so that you can use a BM rather than an archon. ...oh, and slightly higher dps.
    Last edited by Frailaq; 04-02-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Plane Touched

Thank you very much for the info, I checked out the spec and like it a lot more than what i was playing, works very well in pvp too. Having flicker and no pushback is nice.
    Last edited by Dreezie; 04-02-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Another option that most people wouldn't need is the Lock/Arch variant.
    Ignore this. Tested and it's terrible. I thought it would at least come close while offering a small benefit that could be useful in certain situations but Burning Fury is more OP than I gave it credit for. If you want PD without a full Archon use a Pyro or something... dunno.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

+ Reply to Thread