+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Suggestion Thread (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Power Drain should apply aoe.
    Nope.

If anything for Archon, it's time to get rid of point to point for being utterly worthless in any encounter and make the 61 point ability something else... maybe an aoe power drain, maybe something else.

Rift Chaser

For more suggestions and ideas, you can also take a look at my class-suggestion:

New Calling: The Illusionist

Prophet of Telara

Changes I`d like to see on PTS (some of them already mentioned):

- bring back old gifts but with 1%/0.5% split so aoe and dot dmg stays the same
    - put pushback protection somewhere is chloro tree so we don`t have to spec pyro
    - 20 % air spells cast time reduction for Cold Weather Training
    - electrify is uncleanseable
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Default Harbinger mana issues

I just not feel happy with Introspection it`s more a punishment than a good mana-reg ability.

Furious Assault only gives 33% mana cost reduction to slash attacks-Furious Assault from shaman+Courage of the Panther giving you 40% mana cost reduction to ALL abilities.

On the dummy it takes about 2,5 min for harbinger and 5min for shaman to go oom.

I just don`t know why there is such a big difference, but I`m not feeling happy to reduce my damage to get back my mana while shaman can on long fights just take potions to never go oom on long fights.

Mentoring down is not a solution to get infinite mana ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    What are you parsing currently?
    Not really want to give numbers...would feel more accurate with proper testing in testgear and Dummy Foundry parses.

I was around 13k st dps with both 61 variantes and SC/Harb(which will gain some dps if aoe gift comes back)-can`t give you my stats due to PTS is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    A better solution would be to make it so conflux applies dot's consumed to surrounding enemies.
    Conflux paired with radiate death does this...What happens in spots where there is no aoe for long periods of time? Making the talent do more dot damage, then picking the right time to radiate death seems more logical for making the talent useable all the time.

We have plenty of aoe already in warlock spec. Dots should hurt, they are damage over time not burst...
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    snip
    I don't believe you even read the changes.
    Warlock, Stormcaller and Dom all have 1% gifts.
    They no longer have 1.5% towards their speciality.
    They took a big hit in terms of damage capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Not really want to give numbers...would feel more accurate with proper testing in testgear and Dummy Foundry parses.

I was around 13k st dps with both 61 variantes and SC/Harb(which will gain some dps if aoe gift comes back)-can`t give you my stats due to PTS is closed.
    Its fine you can compensate for dummy foundry using napkin math.

What are your stats?
    Last edited by Katosu; 06-18-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Default Could i get someone to...

Hey i was actually hoping someone that is really good with math, and knows the co-efficient ratio for how much damage is gained per point of spell power for dot spells, and could see how much of a boost to that value would bring warlock dot damage back up t where it was pre-change. Like i said was thinking that if you had a talent (such as Void decimation) or a secondary effect on a spell (like defile), which would increase the spell power co-efficient of the active dots as such increasing lock dot damage outside the gifts an without giving any increased crit chance, or you could make it that void decimation no causes defile to do this. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Elric-merren; 06-18-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    For more suggestions and ideas, you can also take a look at my class-suggestion:

New Calling: The Illusionist
    silly you, we all know new soul is going to be "Wizbee" wizard and bee combined. Stinging is serious busness.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Rift Chaser

Default Something so crazy, it just might work... later

Here's something potentially worth trying, the next time there is a full combat system revamp, such as the pre-SL changes.

Have the 61 point buff for every dps spec increase your CP by 1/3 of your unbuffed AP, and your AP by 1/3 of your unbuffed CP.

This would require a rebalancing of all dps abilities, which is why I would save this for a major combat revamp, however it would help alleviate the "stack AP or CP" issue, without having to go through and adjust every single piece of gear.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #896
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that we're opening the Dummy Foundry back up on PTS. It should be there with one of the next updates.

Plane Walker

*Burning fury - next ability casted will be a critical hit 45 second cd
    *Interalized charge removed the 10 charge cost

would probably need a slight nerf to fulminate dmg in pvp but it would be a decent change and bring fulminate back. Not sure how much the new ability adds to dps but it sounds bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    *Burning fury - next ability casted will be a critical hit 45 second cd
    *Interalized charge removed the 10 charge cost

would probably need a slight nerf to fulminate dmg in pvp but it would be a decent change and bring fulminate back. Not sure how much the new ability adds to dps but it sounds bad.
    We used to have a pvp ability that did that, I miss it alot. Can't remember what it was called though. If anything, Fulminate needs a buff, IC'd Fireballs are better unless it crits.

Really wish Kervik could bring some of those pvp abilities back
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 06-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Really wish Kervik could bring some of those pvp abilities back
    Maybe someday they'll be able to add abilities labeled as "only works in PvP" and have them actually only work in PvP

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    We used to have a pvp ability that did that, I miss it alot. Can't remember what it was called though.(
    Nenvin's Lament

@ Kervik

Could you please comment on gift changes for Lock, SC, Dom ? With the changes they got a straight nerf to dots and aoe. Was this intended ?

Lock gained a buff to their normal spells (VB, V Barrage ect.) so this may compensate for the dot nerf but for SC it`s just a brutal nerf. I`m really hoping that was just an oversight.

Either change gifts to 1/0.5 or change base dmg of affected spells. Thanks.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 ... LastLast