+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1497
Like Tree349Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Suggestion Thread (Part II)

  1. #721
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    To make Stormcaller an incredibly successful soul which is fun, viable and loved: Make it capable as a hybrid single target soul.

    The early/mid tree talents and abilities should be enough to supplement a competitive single target hybrid spec.
    This. A thousand times.SC should be capable single target, falling off in late tree for some are boosting to put us at a hybrid state.

  2. #722
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    To quote Bearz, who is probably one of the best mage players out there.

    "If you watch your BF stacks like a hawk and react precisely, you can get Fulminate to crit and become a DPS gain, good luck with that though."

    I suppose Bearz is a baddy.


    You mean, in the event you are lucky enough to to have 2 or more BF stacks, and for the preceding voidbolt that you casted to have NOT crit when you hit the target right?


    You mean, even more so for Cinderburst and Fulminate given those are more easily controlled than CA given that one is controlled by the amount of charge you possess.


    You cannot truly control Burning Fury. While you can HOPE that the ability you cast before hand DOESN'T crit, and then also hope the ability you use next with that BF DOES crit.
    Given the way both Warlock, Pyro and Harbinger behave, you are less likely to be able to control what ability eats the BF stack simply because you will ALWAYS have an ability queued up before your all mighty proc, and you would not wish to wait til you have more than 2 BF stacks to give you a significant chance at critting. Even more so with Pyro due to double fireball procs and filler usage.
    But what would I know?
    I merely disagreed with your assertion, and this must mean I am truly terrible at playing my Mage.

    You do not know my toon, you are not in my guild.
    If you did, you would know better to provide parses, actual data to support your argument.
    If you are in my guild, you're below me mage wise.

    Of course, weren't you the one that said the better mages just stack CP?
    wow thats an essay of crap.
    at least i dont stack spell crit like how pro you are tho =)

  3. #723
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    wow thats an essay of crap.
    And you are wasting space, but I still take time to point out how you are full of it.
    Must sting to know someone takes the time to call you out on ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    at least i dont stack spell crit like how pro you are tho =)
    Are you schizophrenic?
    Since I am quite sure an individual without psychological problems would know what is actually on their screen, and what is merely in their head.

    You're a lame troll and an even worse Mage.
    Please stop wasting my time.
    Last edited by Katosu; 06-10-2013 at 07:07 PM.

  4. #724
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Right, good mages stacks spell crit and SP...

    nuff said.

    Facts are if mage vendor gear were itemized toward CP (its SP/SC only rightnow), no matter what dps BiS sheets you look at, relic CP armor will be on top. Currently only reason that some "Relic" SP gear ended up above the "Epic" CP gear is because... well they are relic.

    Just by looking at BiS sheet and saying SP is on top, so SP is the way to go is extremely idiotic. You are comparing SP Relics to CP epics...
    I think you have issues with reading, since that's not what I said. I didn't compare anything or made any blanket statements about x stat was better than y stat. Do you even understand how stat weightings work?

    Good players look at each piece on an individual basis based on your current stats and personalized playstyles/DPS breakdowns. It's equally idiotic to stack CP as it is to stack any other DPS stat.

  5. #725
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Right, good mages stacks spell crit and SP...
    Good mages don't "stack" anything.
    They grab whatever piece is better according to the weight and according to their current gear .

    nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Facts are if mage vendor gear were itemized toward CP (its SP/SC only rightnow), no matter what dps BiS sheets you look at, relic CP armor will be on top. Currently only reason that some "Relic" SP gear ended up above the "Epic" CP gear is because... well they are relic.
    An idiotic statement if there ever was one.
    It isn't because it is relic, in fact, relic is just a pretty orange color.
    Hell, the BIS DPS mage wand was a crafted BLUE for the longest time.

    The only reason you may find relic SP gear being higher than a relic CP gear, is because the amount of SP provided by that relic SP gear outweighs the relic CP gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Just by looking at BiS sheet and saying SP is on top, so SP is the way to go is extremely idiotic. You are comparing SP Relics to CP epics...
    You're....ignorant.
    Learn what weights mean.

    A person with 1000 CP and 4000 SP will do generally do less DPS than someone in 5000 SP and 0 CP.
    Of course this is not considering spell crit of course.

    SP, SC and CP interact in a dynamic way.
    If you stack one over the other, you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Katosu; 06-10-2013 at 08:45 PM.

  6. #726
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Nice to see some consideration towards toggling the harbinger weapon effects.

    Now please bring back the old SUPER FIREBALL animation for cinderburst plox.

    As to the current argument about CP/SP weighs. That is sooo passe.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 06-10-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  7. #727
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Synergy crystals will still apply their bonuses to specific abilities. They're oriented at specific souls and really aren't meant to provide blanket bonuses beyond their spell power bonuses and such.

    I'm spending some time today looking at Stormcaller and throwing around a few ideas. In terms of Stormcaller, yes I know its not used much as a whole, how much do you all use Pouring Rain?

    I also discovered that my estimate of getting the changes to PTS early this week was a bit optimistic. I'm looking at getting the data to the server on Thursday at the moment and having it go out with Friday's update. I'll update again if anything changes with that plan.
    About the SC problem:
    I see the problem like Eughe: we don't need a nother pyrolike just with storm and ice. We have so many different mage souls, if they play all the same, we have no advantage of this.

    My opinion about this is: The SC is of it's nature a AOE soul. It make sense to me, because a storm is not just on a particular place. It could be a nice part of a Hybridspecc with the Ele or something, too. I looking forward to this with the 1% for each point change. But the high stormcaller schould be the mage king of AoE. The dominator has some AOE abillities but in its current state, he is not the best AOE over time soul and shouldn't be, if you ask me. It's task is to manipulate groups, not do the most AOE damage on them.

    The other problem: the current state of the game is: every class want to be able to run while take action. I understand that. If you allways have a loss because you are a caster this is no fun at all. "It would be better to play a rogue" I thought sometimes. But in fact: I want to play a caster because it is a cast. The trend in all souls of the mage is: don't cast, just instant. Some souls work fine this way. But if all souls have a GCD of 1s and nearly every spell is instant... then why not play a rogue? I like to have the ability to go in a "rage mode" or something, where you can throw out spell after spell. This is great in some situations. But I think the whole mage class shouldn't work like this.

    What I want to say: Please Kervik, start rewarding some souls with long spelltimes for casttime and don't make every soul a one buttom macro smasher, like the pyro is now. There should be one or two or more for the people who like this, but: there are people outside who want to have a caster in der orginally way...
    Sadly I have no real idea how to set this.

    [I thought about a change. Maybe this is to hazardous, but:

    first of all: convert all charge consumption spells into mana spells(maybe with cooldown and/or casttime)
    second: all instants = no charging prozess
    casts = charging (not very high amount 5 per 1s casttime maybe)

    Ability for every soul: (costs 80 charge or something)
    GCD down to 1sec + casttime 1sec for every spell.

    I have to give you my point of few with no idea if is possible this way. Maybe you as the mage_DEV could figure this out. I think some people would be very happy about this.]

    Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english (not a native speaker)

  8. #728
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Katosu, anyone serious learned long ago not to pay any attention to War. Every calling has them. Just smile and scroll on, mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I have to agree that varying GCDs feels clunky, both in Stormcaller and with Rushing Elements in Elementalist. I'm not saying give both souls a 1s GCD, but I am suggesting those be removed as cooldowns.

    With Eldritch Armor in Harbinger it also feels bad, but in a different way. I feel like I'm getting shafted by my latency every time I have an 0.5s GCD just because I don't live in North America. I have to frantically spam my buttons and hope I only lost a few hundred ms, it feels rushed, unenjoyable and outside player control.
    Nooooo keep your dirty colonial hands off my Eldritch Armour.

  9. #729
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Nooooo keep your dirty colonial hands off my Eldritch Armour.
    I brought my concerns regarding Eldritch Armor forward to Kervik as soon as I saw the Harbinger tree way back you know when. He didn't change it, I doubt he will now. But I'm not going to stop campaigning for a level playing field (or as level as physics can make it.) Obviously latency will always have me at a slight disadvantage, but the whole point of a GCD is to restrict that disadvantage to reasonable levels. At 1s it's mostly even, but at 0.5s it is very noticeable.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 06-11-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    Nope.

  10. #730
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I have to agree that varying GCDs feels clunky, both in Stormcaller and with Rushing Elements in Elementalist. I'm not saying give both souls a 1s GCD, but I am suggesting those be removed as cooldowns.

    With Eldritch Armor in Harbinger it also feels bad, but in a different way. I feel like I'm getting shafted by my latency every time I have an 0.5s GCD just because I don't live in North America. I have to frantically spam my buttons and hope I only lost a few hundred ms, it feels rushed, unenjoyable and outside player control.
    pretty much agree with what primal said.

    but would like to see the GCD left at 1.5 secs, not all our dps souls need to be 1 sec GCD instant cast spam

    the 1.5 sec GCD and cast times playstyle should have a place to.

  11. #731
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    ......

    Just by math, Burning Fury is providing way more than 10% crit to ALL damaging spells (not just primary bolts). This is assuming you are raid buffed as well (The lower your SC is at the more valuable BF). And even with full raid setting BFury provides more than 10% crit on average to ALL damaging spells (again not just pri. bolts), and by itself its also a "force crit" mechanics, which people can actually utilize in min/max their DPS by lining up stuff like fulminate that they normally wouldnt cast.
    Oki well ill admit that my assumption that a 10% static increase might be a bit preemptive but let me explain my main point. In warlock for instance the only tick of a dot that consumes BF is the first tick. If you watch closely ull see that hardly happens. Meaning that all the remaining BF stacks are pretty much consumed by flame bolt/countdown/void bolt/void barrage/draining bolt.

    By giving the primary bolt in this case void bolt a +10% critical chance it will use up more of the burning fury stacks coz of the single fact that A you use it a lot and B coz its more likely to crit then any other attack C dots hardly consume any stacks so then the conclusion is Void bolt which is already very likely to crit soaks a lot of stacks.

    In my opinion the sole problem isn't that BF alone is OP its that flame bolt + CD + BF are realy OP together and very low in the soul tree for such great ability.

    And about the fulminate sure it could be possible but I think its more likely that you end up using it less times during a encounter coz your waiting for the right moment to use it. Duno which is better waiting and using it less or whenever you can in this case...

    Just as a side note I am not saying i'm absolutely right this is just the way I theoretically see it currently.

  12. #732
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    glad stormcaller is getting glanced at
    I might be the minority here, but I really like stormcaller, at least in part, as an aoe soul and do make an effort to use it to that end. There are really two sides to stormcaller's problems though- its pve and pvp sides.
    For PVE... yea some of the gcd can be a little clunky, I don't mind it as much as others. Mainly it needs a damage boost, its pretty significantly behind warrior atm. Its got a fun sustained rotation that's complex, but still average on the rare fights it can be used.. its burst could be better. For stdps- cloudburst needs a boost (without changing secondaries). Pouring aoe is nice for aoe on lightning field and certain buildups, could be improved for stdps, since there is a limited amount of spells it reduces.

    PVP is a whole other mess. And really the problem is that stormcaller is designed with way too many weaknesses in its class atm.
    It takes time to buildup/setup and keep people in range for setups (and ppl move around a lot), its setup is vulnerable to cleanses, its squishy and has very little defense- except movement ccs and ride the wind (snares have very situational impact (most classes have gap closers, pulls, stealth, or matching range to get around it- add to that the snare amount is reduced from preexpac), and it doesn't have good single target to work around (st in the class is hitting really low, most spells <1-2K, esp primary bolts), and its aoe suffers from pvp restrictions. There needs to be more pvp based advantages for the class, sustained aoe and less than short term aoe turns out to be its only really strongpoint, and its very rare to see that in pvp.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-11-2013 at 08:11 AM.

  13. #733
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Looking at some of these Necro suggestions and the inevitable line of what to do with Corpse Talon (don't want another CB or CA proc off Bone Armor), but what if it was something like "Deathly Calling stacks increase critical hit chance of Corpse Talon by 20% for each stack on that target"? Keep the damage for 10% per stack but don't get rid of the cast time or cooldown, making it a huge nuke.

  14. #734
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    I think SC should be more instant heavy. As a master of the storm, while riding the wind I should not be forced to stand still to unleash the fury of the storm on my foes. I should float like a butterfly and sting like a swarm of tracker jackers!
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #735
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Not to make anyone sad, but Stormcaller is going to be staying an AOE oriented soul for at least the foreseeable future.The base mechanics of it are not going to be changing too much. Really I'm looking at ways to improve its current form rather than redesign significant parts of the soul.

    Here are some of the changes I'm looking at currently for Stormcaller (remember not set in stone and can change even before hitting PTS):
    • Increased damage of Lightning Arc.
    • Pouring Rain now resets the cooldown on all Stormcaller abilities. Increased the cooldown to 2 minutes. Moved Pouring Rain to the 40 point root ability.
    • Electric Charge has been moved into the soul tree into Pouring Rainís previous location. It requires 35 points spent in Stormcaller to unlock.
    • Perfect Conditions now also reduces the global cooldown of Air and Water spells to 1.33/1.17/1 seconds and reduces the mana cost of instant Air and Water spells by 11/22/33%.
    • Tempest Armor no longer provides a global cooldown reduction to Water spells.

    The whole GCD modification is still up in the air. Odds are it will make it out to PTS in some similar form, but it has a fairly high chance of getting changed or moved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts