+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Suggestion Thread (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Dontlookatme View Post
    Could we also have a version of this that centers it around yourself?
    Lava field and cleansing flames come to mind for this.

Additionally, is there any reason to keep patron's rage as a 6 second channel?
    6 seconds made sense when the benefit was applied at the end of the channel, but that is no longer the case. As it is now it's a dps loss so it only gets the first tick and even then only on a select few fights (read: fights longer than 5 minutes).
    Clipping Patron`s Rage after your gcd is a dps gain. Just don`t channel it 6s.

Thoughts on adding a mana return over time to Burning Shield in Pyromancer, similar to that of Living Shell for Chloromancer.

Something like:

"Returns 1% of the Mage's Mana per second. Absorbs 50% of damage taken up to 4397 damage. Lasts 30s."

Obviously, when the shield expires via damage the mana return ends, as per Living Shell.

It's only a small thing but wouldn't hurt too much. Would help for longer encounters when using Pyromancer.

Thoughts?
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

Ascendant

I honestly think we're a little too sheltered in our mana management, really only running out in 61 Pyro / 61 Harb and even then only after 3-4 mins or so.

What's the point in having mana if you rarely run out anyway? I know it's a different story in PvP where being actively drained pretty much puts you out of business.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

i suggested ages ago when it was an issue but if the archons mana overflow generated from exhilaration would funnel out to the raid then it would be groovy
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    i suggested ages ago when it was an issue but if the archons mana overflow generated from exhilaration would funnel out to the raid then it would be groovy
    You would have to put this higher into Archon. I`m not sure if flowing Sands is really important for pvp, but you could change Swirling Sands into a ability which restores 50/100 mana and 1power/engery if Exhilaration is triggered or you only can spend points into it if you have Exhilaration 5/5 and is triggered by crits(same condition like Exhilaration) and put a IGCD into that talent.

Shadowlander

- Make Deathly pall and salvage corruption share the 5 second cool down and increase there duration. On a lot of fights you tent to loose them coz of roll playing of bosses etc.

Then I got an idea to increase pyro's cleave dmg a bit.
    1. Remove the channel on firestorm and give it a 8 second cool down instead.
    2. Give us a extra pyromancer armor that decreases our fireball damage and give us a chance to do damage to a additional X amount of enemy's around the targeted enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I honestly think we're a little too sheltered in our mana management, really only running out in 61 Pyro / 61 Harb and even then only after 3-4 mins or so.

What's the point in having mana if you rarely run out anyway? I know it's a different story in PvP where being actively drained pretty much puts you out of business.
    Agreed. A resource is there to be managed. Asking regen to be buffed is rather silly. It's like warriors begging for 61RB to be even more power efficient because they can't keep 100% fork uptime for FSp/RSp while stoneshielding consuming essence and interrupting Matriarch.

Shadowlander

Could some one explain to me what the gain from: Warlock - Expanded Contagion also allows Radiate Death to spread Electrified, Deathly Calling and Combust stacks. would be?

Trying to make warlock hybrid better with necro pyro and sc, its a nice step, but needs to make it spread to at least ten targets before it would probably be used. Also mass fear needs to be on par with the wars fear. No fair ours only fears 5. Hell those tweaks plus this and Id run it. The electrified baffles me tho, unless we can use other players stacks of electrified again I dont see much if any benefit. There is just so much wrong with the mage class that prevents hybrid specs. Especially for pvp. To make it worse alot of the stuff you would want for a hybrid (especially pvp) is so high up its impossible to make specs to grab them and still be competive with dps and I wont say hps bc you have no choice but 61 chloro due to gifts.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

So here is my order of where I think mage specs stand in terms of playability and viability:

Pyromancer
    Chloromancer
    Archon
    Warlock
    Dominator
    Harbinger
    Elementalist
    Necromancer
    [page break]
    Stormcaller

I hope a lot of work is done for 61 stormcaller and 61 necromancer. They both need some help but stormcaller more so. Storm should be pulling some decent ST with phenominal AOE. Currently it does neither of those.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #626
    Rift Team

Hey all,

I thought I'd drop some additional teasers on things that are in the works on this pass. There's still no ETA on when they'll be out on PTS but I'll let you know when things begin to move that way. Remember, none of these are set in stone and still have a good chance of changing further before they reach Live servers or even PTS.

As a first pass, the soul gift (the bonus for spending points in a given soul) for Warlock, Stormcaller, and Dominator is being changed to 1% damage increase per point in soul. Elementalist and Necromancer are being changed to 1% damage and 3% pet damage per point. While this does simplify things more it should hopefully remove some of the deterrent for branching out into these souls.

Fireball, Void Bolt, Crystalline Missiles, Plague Bolt, Cloudburst, Vile Spores, Pillaging Stone, Granite Salvo, Neural Prod and Malevolent Bolt have all been classified as Primary Bolt abilities. This becomes more relevant with the following other changes, along with some others that are still under consideration:
    • Improved Fireball has been renamed Improved Bolt and now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.
    • Lingering Pain now gives Primary Bolt abilities a chance to refresh Life Leech instead of only Void Bolt.

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming as well. I'm working to address as many of them as possible, where appropriate with these changes.

All I gotta say Kervik is I hope you're ready for a lot of parses and balancing ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

I thought I'd drop some additional teasers on things that are in the works on this pass. There's still no ETA on when they'll be out on PTS but I'll let you know when things begin to move that way. Remember, none of these are set in stone and still have a good chance of changing further before they reach Live servers or even PTS.

As a first pass, the soul gift (the bonus for spending points in a given soul) for Warlock, Stormcaller, and Dominator is being changed to 1% damage increase per point in soul. Elementalist and Necromancer are being changed to 1% damage and 3% pet damage per point. While this does simplify things more it should hopefully remove some of the deterrent for branching out into these souls.

Fireball, Void Bolt, Crystalline Missiles, Plague Bolt, Cloudburst, Vile Spores, Pillaging Stone, Granite Salvo, Neural Prod and Malevolent Bolt have all been classified as Primary Bolt abilities. This becomes more relevant with the following other changes, along with some others that are still under consideration:
    • Improved Fireball has been renamed Improved Bolt and now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.
    • Lingering Pain now gives Primary Bolt abilities a chance to refresh Life Leech instead of only Void Bolt.

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming as well. I'm working to address as many of them as possible, where appropriate with these changes.
    *Spams the "Like" button*

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    All I gotta say Kervik is I hope you're ready for a lot of parses and balancing ;)
    What Grinnz said.
    Hope to see the changes hit PTS soon.

Improved Fireball has been renamed Improved Bolt and now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.
    Lingering Pain now gives Primary Bolt abilities a chance to refresh Life Leech instead of only Void Bolt.

Now the spreading of combustion via radiate death makes more sense now.

Now all you need is epidemic to work with bolts as well and necro/lock spec would be alot more interesting
    Last edited by utterchaos; 06-07-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast