+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Suggestion Thread (Part II)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    As it should be given it is the healing tree.
    Would be kind of odd to go into an offensive tree to improve your healing.
    For the entire part of pre-SL, there were multiple Chloromancer hybrids that were viable. Each one had its own way of obtaining high HPS, but in the end, the numbers were somewhat comparable and there were skills that could be gained that would boost healing. It was this design that made Rift stand out and be fun, at least to me. I don't think that the most obvious path should necessarily be the best one. It should be viable and competitive, yes, but what's the point of having trees if everyone's going to just be the same?
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    No healing spec that wants to be useful in PvE goes less than 61 points in healing souls, don't be daft

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Hmm dont be bad please, one of the most commonly used spec is purisent and it doesnt go 61 into puri. Actually theres very little reason to go 61 in purifier at all.
    Isn't purisent 54 puri/22 sent or am I missing something?

I am quite sure it is not multiplicative because t falls under passive active just as Soul gifts do.
    So it would be an additive number.
    It get applied by a buff(aura) and this makes it multiplicative...just checked it with 51Archon/25Chloro....easy done with Rescurgence(would it be additive I had done 360 heal too much).
    Also found two bugs Volcanic Bomb and Searing Vitality dot dmg is not constant(every tic hits for a different number-same like Flesh Rip bug which got fixed...maybe some other dots also broken).
    Last edited by Soulshield; 06-04-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Hmm dont be bad please, one of the most commonly used spec is purisent and it doesnt go 61 into puri. Actually theres very little reason to go 61 in purifier at all.

Also here's some typical cleric spec on top of my head.
    61 Warden use 2 inquisitor to min/max
    61 Inq uses 15 defiler to min/max

I thought you played cleric. Guess I was wrong.

So its very "odd" or wrong that mage healing dips into dps tree but its ok for cleric dps to dip into healing tree AND cleric healing to dip into dps tree.

Typical cleric response...
    Puri/sent goes 76 points into healing souls. Try reading better.

To dumb down my point further: What healing soul should your points go into other than Chloro?
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-04-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    For the entire part of pre-SL, there were multiple Chloromancer hybrids that were viable. Each one had its own way of obtaining high HPS, but in the end, the numbers were somewhat comparable and there were skills that could be gained that would boost healing. It was this design that made Rift stand out and be fun, at least to me. I don't think that the most obvious path should necessarily be the best one. It should be viable and competitive, yes, but what's the point of having trees if everyone's going to just be the same?
    That was due to the fact that chloromancer healing was connected with its damage at the time.

Ascendant

That was due to the fact that chloromancer healing was connected with its damage at the time.
    I'm aware of that. The point I'm trying to make were that there were options and alternatives that were fun. At one point, I had a 36/30 Chloromancer that I used for experts due to comparable healing, damage reduction and DPS boosts that I could offer my party. It was harder to play than the other specs, but its advantages outweighed the disadvantages in my mind.

Before SL, I had 4 different healing specs, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. In terms of HPS, each one could have competed, and I could have just used one, but that's not *fun* for me.

If you're putting points in talents that increase your healing, then you are still being a healer. You're just going about it in a round-about way. This adds depth, and to me, depth is fun. Without the ability to make hybrids, there's no point in having a tree. Might as well just remove all the talents
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    I'm aware of that. The point I'm trying to make were that there were options and alternatives that were fun. At one point, I had a 36/30 Chloromancer that I used for experts due to comparable healing, damage reduction and DPS boosts that I could offer my party. It was harder to play than the other specs, but its advantages outweighed the disadvantages in my mind.

Before SL, I had 4 different healing specs, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. In terms of HPS, each one could have competed, and I could have just used one, but that's not *fun* for me.

If you're putting points in talents that increase your healing, then you are still being a healer. You're just going about it in a round-about way. This adds depth, and to me, depth is fun. Without the ability to make hybrids, there's no point in having a tree. Might as well just remove all the talents
    It was either pyrochloro for the 1s GCD cleanse.
    chlorolock for the stronger raid heals
    51 chloro for tank healing
    and some odd chloroarchon spec.

There really wasn't a huge difference between the four specs, and, IMO it wasb't really fun since all it involved wa spamming vilespores.
    At least Chloro is a bit more dynamic now.
    Besides, hybrids cause many balance issues, its easier to work from "pure" builds then try to create hybrids so its better controlled and balanced.

Since this is a suggestion thread, I would like to get rid of the stat-stick wand limitations. I had a nice mage bow that I would've used if possible.

How 'bout those double crossbows Kervik himself suggested.
    Beware the Penguin...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Since this is a suggestion thread, I would like to get rid of the stat-stick wand limitations. I had a nice mage bow that I would've used if possible.

New soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post

Arcane spec:

Magic missle in a interesting new way....

Or like visionaries where the guy could summon the magic bow guy from his staff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j2MNcYx0Ag
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #581
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post

As a heads up, the Pyromancer's Burning Fury is on the chopping block with this round of changes.
    Kill it with fire.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Still hoping to see more Stormcaller changes though as it needs the most help
    I agree. Stormcaller is by FAR my favorite soul and it's really got a lack of playability when compared to other souls. It has great AoE capabilities but is so weak defensively once it grabs all that aggro you get stomped instantly.
    On indefinite leave from RIFT. Maybe back someday. PMs will go to email.

Quote Originally Posted by szalkerous View Post
    I agree. Stormcaller is by FAR my favorite soul and it's really got a lack of playability when compared to other souls. It has great AoE capabilities but is so weak defensively once it grabs all that aggro you get stomped instantly.
    That's the furthest from what is wrong with Stormcaller. DPS specs aren't supposed to be strong defensively especially AoE ones, and it actually has a rather nice cooldown comparatively.

Ascendant

I would honestly say that Stormcaller should become a single target soul.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    That's the furthest from what is wrong with Stormcaller. DPS specs aren't supposed to be strong defensively especially AoE ones, and it actually has a rather nice cooldown comparatively.
    I never said strong, but every build I try putting together with Stormcaller as the central point tends to turn up helpless once it gets to any type of melee. I'm not saying I'm the best Stormcaller soul-builder, but I haven't managed to figure it out since launch. It would be good to find a way to combine it with Elementalist so that you can obtain the Greater Earth Elem and still have enough points to fill the Stormcaller tree out and be a viable solo build.

As an afterthought, I like the visual style and effects of Stormcaller, they're well crafted. Very aesthetic. Sure beats watching the Chloro spells, which have to be the most boring thing on the planet. Yeah, I know someone is going to flame me for caring about visual elements when there's DPS #'s to parse, n00b, yadda yadda.
    Last edited by szalkerous; 06-04-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    On indefinite leave from RIFT. Maybe back someday. PMs will go to email.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast