+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Racket
  • 2 Post By lol r u mad
  • 1 Post By Doobism

Thread: Pryomancer's Aegis

Default Pryomancer's Aegis

"The Mage's Fireball casts generate an additional Fireball on the enemy. This Fireball does not generate Charge and cannot apply Combust. Cannot occur more than once every 4s. Damaging Fire spells have a 5% chance to reset the cooldown of Cinder Burst and allow it to be cast instantly and reduces its mana cost by 50%. Cannot occur more than once every 10s. Only 1 Mage Armor may be active at a time."

Im having a problem getting that 5% chance on cast to get my Cinderburst proc, i hardly ever get a proc and wondering if its broken or is that 5% that low.

After 5 mins of spamming fireballs i got 4 procs.

Also, that 5% chance does it double on that 2nd fireball ? so is it really 10% every 3 secs ?

Without seeing your parse broken down with exact duration and exact number of fireball casts I can only do math based on the info you gave.

Fireball spam for 300 seconds @ 2 seconds per cast = 150 Fireballs
    4 Procs / 150 Fireballs = 2.6%

Random is random and you got unlucky on procs, but I'd still rather see a legit parse to quantify the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
    Also, that 5% chance does it double on that 2nd fireball ? so is it really 10% every 3 secs ?
    "Cannot occur more than once every 10s." So no... It is not effectively 10%.
    Last edited by Racket; 04-01-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    M   A   L   U   M         F   A   C   T   U  M
    ADULT PROGRESSION PVE ₰ TEAM-PLAY PVP
    website facebook about us apply now

Plane Walker

Yeah that's interesting, it's 5% until it procs, then got got 10s of 0% chance.
    So I'd guess a total of maybe 3-4% over time.

I find CB isn't THAT great anyway, esp. in PvP, other spells hit just as hard.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

did i miss something or does it proc on fire based attacks?
    in that case it should proc on all fire spells you throw on the enemy.
    i think it should proc far more then it did for you, and i have the feel you might have disturbed the RNG gods....
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

It is fire based attacks, but it's not dmg. Combustion doesn't count at all for instance. Searing vitality does proc but seems to be only once per cast. attacking multiple enemies at once with firestorm does seem to proc it significantly more. Haven't measured it accurately though since there's no point spamming firestorm for cb procs unless you're doing aoe anyway.

with the icd, a 5 min parse has an absolute maximum of 30 procs, so the actual number of procs being more than 10% of that is actually probably working as intended.
    Seraphim are always recruiting! Join now and get a friend in free!
    Find us in game to have a chat and see if we're a fit for you.

It's honestly way too low of a %, should get rid of the internal cooldown

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+1
    Aegis is still better than pyro armor, but the 10s icd was installed because of armor's 20% proc chance. On aegis's 5% chance, it's unnecessary.

The fulminate/cinderburst shared cd is a little pointless too, since the chance of them going off within 5 seconds of each other is pretty miniscule.
    Last edited by Doobism; 04-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Seraphim are always recruiting! Join now and get a friend in free!
    Find us in game to have a chat and see if we're a fit for you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Doobism View Post
    The fulminate/cinderburst shared cd is a little pointless too, since the chance of them going off within 5 seconds of each other is pretty miniscule.
    If it was that miniscule it probably wouldn't be so annoying.

Still can't activate Phantom Blades while having a target selected and being faced away from that target. Tested on PTS at Tempest Bay dummies right before posting this. Same thing happens when you have a friendly target selected. Makes assisting someone behind you a pain as you have to face the friendly target activate PB then face the enemy again or deselect your target (hope not to get hit from behind and pick up another target) and activate PB.

Rift Disciple

2nd part of the above post was meant for the bug thread please ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
    If the 2nd fireball can proc it (Which I'm sure it does) It doesn't stack up to 10%. It's gonna be 9.75%.

Now .25% isn't much.

But shoot 10 fire spells.
    The maths goes like this...
    Spells - Chance of first proc
    1 - 5%
    2 - 9.75%
    3 - 14.26%
    4 - 18,55%
    5 - 22,62%
    6 - 26,49%
    7 - 30,17%
    8 - 33,66%
    9 - 36,98%
    10 - 40,13%

As you can see, it's not 50%. And no matter how many spells you shoot, it's never gonna be 100%.
    Now with 20% chance to proc it would be 89,26% after 10 spells (That's not 4x the %!!! ). Much more chance to proc but still never gonna be 100%.

Pyro aegis is by far way superior to having 20% cinderburst proc. Even if they removed the 5% chance. Just because double fireball is that awesome. Now if they could lower the cast time on fireball to make it more manageable...

As for 5% proc chance, just hope Lady Luck is on your side.
    And for thoses saying instant cinderburst isn't much, it's still easily ~250 to 300% of a fireball damage and easily 160% of a countdown 5 combust stacks damage. It easily pays the global to use it. + you it bring massive amount of charge if you are low on charge and internalize charge make it worth the damage even more.
    Edit : I totally typed easily 3 times in that last paragraph!
    Last edited by Snap; 04-05-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread