+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Piercing Beam not active....???

Xem
    Soulwalker

Default Piercing Beam not active....???

I have put a point into Piercing Beam (Harbinger) and even 3 points into Intensity but it shows Piercing Beam greyed out. When I try to use the ability it says Invalid Ability.

I made a macro:

#show Storm Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast [notactive] Piercing Beam
    cast Storm Slash

and it seems that using [notactive] makes it work, but I dont know why or how....

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!

The only thing I know that will make it say that it is invalid is if you're targeting something that you cannot attack (like a friendly NPC) or have no target selected.

The [notactive] shouldn't make a difference for this, as it's only supposed to be used for things like charge drainers. Doesn't even work on buffs.

Xem
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    The only thing I know that will make it say that it is invalid is if you're targeting something that you cannot attack (like a friendly NPC) or have no target selected.

The [notactive] shouldn't make a difference for this, as it's only supposed to be used for things like charge drainers. Doesn't even work on buffs.
    Thanks for your input, but I am not a fool. I am certainly not targeting friendly NPCs or other creatures I can not attack and expecting the ability to work.

Plane Walker

try clearing that spot on your hotbar then dragging it in from the spellbook again, sometimes that fixes invalid abilities.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Xem
    Soulwalker

I logged out of the game and then back in and it fixed it.

Very odd!

Soulwalker

Yeah, there seems to be some arcane issue with spells being greyed out on hotbars for no reason; zone or change souls or relog usually fixes it for me.

+ Reply to Thread