+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Clerics Vs Pyro discussion

Default Clerics Vs Pyro discussion

post here so us mages dont have to endure your diatribe in OUR suggestion thread

thanks
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 03-30-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    who took my names!

Soulwalker

Must be nice being able to outheal a Cleric in Warfronts as Chloro

And never die in solo play

And deal great DPS in dungeons

And be a formidable opponent in WF's

And have variety in your specs

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    post here so us mages dont have to endure your diatribe in OUR suggestion thread

thanks
    That's not needed, we finally have people posting parses on that thread, those numbers speak louder than any of us could.

21k and up with live gear Pyro (dummy foundry).
    17.2k with test gear (dummy foundry).
    14.7k with live gear (dimension dummy)

Enough said. If you could still argue that this is balanced, well... lol /thread.
    Last edited by Byona; 03-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    That's not needed, we finally have people posting parses on that thread, those numbers speak louder than any of us could.

Enough said. If you could still argue that this is balanced, well... lol /thread.
    17.2k on test gear was your forum alt using 0/5 exhilaration ending the parse after you went oom at 2:40, your second heatwave+cds.

21k live gear by screamo and others showed to be relative to warlock parses in live gear. Exactly where it should be, right behind melee.
    Last edited by NotTrev; 03-30-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    17.2k on test gear was your forum alt using 0/5 exhilaration ending the parse after you went oom at 2:40, your second heatwave+cds.
    Am i Berzz too? stop making stuff up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    I already PM'd Kervik with these and more parses with suggestions on how to tune Pyro correctly, so all these outsider QQ's don't completely revert the original "mechanical" QoL changes that Pyro was in need of.

Here is a 61pyro parse with COMPLETE 2.2 PTS parse thread standards.

No Pre Stack Pillaging: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n5k8ir&s=6

Also feel free to ignore ALL pyro parses you see less then 3minutes long, they are extremely over inflated due to heatwave.
    -------------------------------------------------

21k live gear by screamo and others showed to be relative to warlock parses in live gear. Exactly where it should be, right behind melee.
    As for this, it is a little higher than Melee, Shaman as example MIGHT do 20k only.

Take a look at the 14.7k dimension dummy with live gear as well, Shaman (Melee) is doing 13.9 or so.

Are you seriously going to argue this is fine? If yes, then agree to disagree, Dev knows who's right and wrong.
    Last edited by Byona; 03-30-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

missin the point AVATAR
    youre cloggin up a SUGGESTION thread with your whinging
    regardless if your points are valid or not, they do not belong in that thread
    ya gonna feel cool when the cleric changes come out of the closet and its in line aint ya
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 03-30-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    who took my names!

Am i Berzz too? stop making stuff up please.

-------------------------------------------------

As for this, it is a little higher than Melee, Shaman as example MIGHT do 20k only.

Take a look at the 14.7k dimension dummy with live gear as well, Shaman (Melee) is doing 13.9 or so.

Are you seriously going to argue this is fine? If yes, then agree to disagree, Dev knows who's right and wrong.
    I don't care if you think it's ahead of shaman, it's still behind RB and the moment it moves it loses to Lock. Thankfully the devs know that real raid conditions != dummy parses.

Soulwalker

A mage wears cloth, has less armor and mobility and is more susceptible to damage and dying.
    In the scheme of balance to me it only seems fitting that person is capable of dealing more damage.
    I may be wrong but it sounds like a fair trade off to me.

Ascendant

I don't care if you think it's ahead of shaman, it's still behind RB and the moment it moves it loses to Lock. Thankfully the devs know that real raid conditions != dummy parses.
    Incorrect

Riftblade is behind pyro. http://i.imgur.com/oRTRBT4.png

Please show me a riftblade parse with the test standard that is higher (recent parse, not 1-pt icy burst abuse)

It's always funny when a class becomes highest dps, they think everything should be balanced around them.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-30-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slapper View Post
    A mage wears cloth, has less armor and mobility and is more susceptible to damage and dying.
    In the scheme of balance to me it only seems fitting that person is capable of dealing more damage.
    I may be wrong but it sounds like a fair trade off to me.
    This argument has been used and abused and is simply untrue.

Ahov said it best above. I've been parsing it out against various melee builds as well and Pyro is out of control.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 03-30-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Incorrect

Riftblade is behind pyro. http://i.imgur.com/oRTRBT4.png

Please show me a riftblade parse with the test standard that is higher (recent parse, not 1-pt icy burst abuse)

It's always funny when a class becomes highest dps, they think everything should be balanced around them.
    Forget that 16.7 parse, theres a 17.2 now lol. http://i.imgur.com/hbYnqkZ.png
    See you all in Wildstar!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

If i recall right from what was posted a while back... Melee souls are suppose to be the top DPS. After that, its the ranged souls, than support than tank/other. No? did i miss a memo somewhere?
    --BC

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    This argument has been used and abused and is simply untrue.

Ahov said it best above. I've been parsing it out against various melee builds as well and Pyro is out of control.
    How is pyro out of control when it's just on PTS that things are crazy? The parses have been put out there and the current PTS changes won't be going live.

The cluttering of the suggestions thread and the fact that this thread exists just baffles me when PTS is working as intended.

Every time an overpowered spec comes to light, whether it be on the PTS or live, these threads/discussions are going to appear. Deal with it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    How is pyro out of control when it's just on PTS that things are crazy? The parses have been put out there and the current PTS changes won't be going live.

The cluttering of the suggestions thread and the fact that this thread exists just baffles me when PTS is working as intended.
    Even on Live pyro is substantially higher than warlock, and considering warlock was already the top ranged spec over ALL callings, it's absurd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast