+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Mage Spec question

Rift Chaser

Default Another Mage Spec question

There are alot of postings on which specs have the best DPS but has anyone ever figured out which spec has the best burst damage? I just want to see how high can the orange numbers go.

Plane Walker

Pyromancer has the biggest hitting spells, Elementalist has the burstiest cooldowns I believe
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Pyro had some pretty great burst now in both PvE and PvP since the latest patch. It's always been a front-loaded dps soul and now has little (almost zero) ramp up time.

If the current PTS changes to Pyro go through to LIVE in the near future then it will be a seriously strong competitor again, both in PvE and PvP with even more burst potential.

Ele is a quick and mobile soul but too dependent on a pet. Personally I never recommend a pet soul as its too reliant on factors outside of your personal skill level.

Hope that helps.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

Rift Chaser

if I was going for 61 point pyro what 2 souls would pair best with this to get the most burst?

Best sub souls so far have been Harbinger for 10% sp and 5% damage from passive gift and Archon for 5% damage, Pillaging Stone and 8-10% damage from passive gift. That is all from a PvE stand point though. I couldn't say much for a PvP perspective, perhaps Dom for 10% Intelligence and the extra range? I don't believe there are any souls that will add more "burst" options to pyro, just an increase to Pyros damage.

I personally run 10 Archon 5 Harbinger at the moment. You could also try 8 Archon 7 Harbinger and pick up an additional 8% movement speed for a loss in Exhilaration (in Archon) but I find Pyro's mana consumption to be high.

Regards
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

+ Reply to Thread