+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need an easy rotation for my wife

Default Need an easy rotation for my wife

My wife plays rift and we want to start running dungeons and raids once we hit 60. We are currently 50 and neither of us have played in quite some time. I am looking for a mage dps build for her with a relatively easy rotation but won't be horrible at dps.

I finally got her to play an mmo with me again and I want to keep her interested in the game but I feel if she gets overwhelmed with trying to learn a difficult rotation she may not want to play.

Thanks!

OT: title of the thread sounds awesome :P

try pyromancer its not overly difficult, or mabe harbinger? you can push most of the HB abilities in to one macro
    Last edited by shortycool; 03-28-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Im free on saturdays! Boom. Hahahhaa j/k lol. Couldnt resist. I beleive there is a guide for the "lazy elementalist" in the guide section. Should be the easiest I think. Theres alot of changes to pyro currently so just give it a week or two to see what guide some one comes up with.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Hahahaha didn't realize the humor I was bringing to this thread with the title. Anyways, thanks for the advice I will look into those 3 suggestions.

Prophet of Telara

tbh harb and pyro were the worst two suggestions possible.

Necrolist or Warlock are the two easiest.

Harb is fun and definitely a great solo spec but to truly get top dps out of it there is a lot to watch not to mention its melee and a lot of dungeons aren't that melee friendly.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Default Necrolist

Another vote for Necrolist. You do decent DPS and it gets better when you throw in a few cooldowns.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Rift Disciple

Necrolist is super easy keep two dots up that both have a 15s duration and spam 1 macro. then i have 2 macros 1 for lich form and bonefrenzy together and one with rushing elements and intensify elements together.

For leveling grab a harb/chloro spec (16 chloro for NT, rest in Harb), it's really easy to play, just dot as many mobs as possible with Blazing Light/Withering Vines and spam Lucent Slash, using instant procs for NT or VS when you need healing. There's a thread in the guides section I think where you can get a single target macro for this spec, it does reasonable ST damage in dungeons while leveling. At least I was usually top when I was in dungeons with this spec.

At 60 61lock is a fairly easy spec, just get all your dots up and time your 2 dot refreshers properly. Haven't tried the Lazymentalist or whatever it's called myself so can't comment on that.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Lol, when I read the title...I was gonna be so bad about my response. But I'm not married, so I'd give bad advice.

I think from what my friends said, make sure interrupt and silence are at the top of your macro.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Typical guys, always thinkin dirty

Anyway, I've found harb pretty easy with the macros but I'll agree it's probably not easiest for dungeons. For what it's worth I use the macros in this guide though I did modify my build to better suit my playstyle. It's a good startign point at least.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    tbh harb and pyro were the worst two suggestions possible.

Necrolist or Warlock are the two easiest.

Harb is fun and definitely a great solo spec but to truly get top dps out of it there is a lot to watch not to mention its melee and a lot of dungeons aren't that melee friendly.
    I view Pyro as being closer to lock/harb now. Both lock and harb are somewhat complicated if you're squeezing out every possible dps point you can but the basics are easy enough that you can strip out the excess with relatively minor dps loss, maybe 10-20%.

With the removal of flame sigil pyro is way easier, and the 61pt ability makes filler rotation dps good enough that a below average use of cooldowns won't break your dps.

I'd also suggest the OP try warlock or necrolist though because those rotations are simple handle movement well.

cast@house clean
    cast [notactive] barrywhite
    tar wife
    cast compliment

LOOT
    who took my names!

Ascendant

Another vote for necrolist! Super easy, even easier if you use karuul alert. You can find a guide in the guides section.

Necrolist yes
    I'm my guild's archon, so I dps only on experts or 10 raids, and necrolist is very easy to play and do decent to good dps. A good choice to begin.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Necolist is by far the best dps with the easiest rotation. Spam 1 macro, keep 2 dots up.

Necolist guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast