+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What specs do you use in raids?

Ascendant

Default What specs do you use in raids?

I'm 3/4 FT and 2/5 EE. I usually heal, but I got to dps a few times and got terribad results with warlock because of all the target switching.

What specs do you use on which fight?

Crucia and Regulos = Pyroharb
    Goloch = Pyroharb 2 ele variant
    Matriarch = 61 harb

Everything else = Warlock

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

How do you not lose dps on Gelidra, Progenitor and Kain with warlock? I haven't figured out how exactly to use salvage corruption and deathly pall to get the most of my dps, while still dps'ing the adds fast enough.

Plane Walker

Keep a stack of dots ticking on the main boss while you hit adds: focus the boss and use a macro to cast at focus salvage, cast at focus pall. a KaruulAlert timer for dots on your focus makes it easier. the cooldown on salvage is so short you can keep up more than 2 stacks of dots but it gets much harder (for me anyway) at 3 and up.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    Keep a stack of dots ticking on the main boss while you hit adds: focus the boss and use a macro to cast at focus salvage, cast at focus pall. a KaruulAlert timer for dots on your focus makes it easier. the cooldown on salvage is so short you can keep up more than 2 stacks of dots but it gets much harder (for me anyway) at 3 and up.
    There's no real reason to keep a stack of dots on the boss, she gets something like 80-90% reduction in that phase. If you're wanting to setup a double-dot scenario it's obviously going to be: SC off Geldira when she emotes, DP to first bird you see, focus that bird, manually dot other bird+dps that bird(or this could just be the Cyclone if your strat is to only kill one bird, kill cyclone and then cleave second bird while gelidra is out with tact+lock+rb), SC/DP first bird via focus if it's still alive when your dots tick to 1-2secs.

Personally, both birds die rather quickly I simply SC off Gelidra when she emotes, DP first bird I see, radiate if given an opportunity, SC/DP to next cyclone. SC/DP is really hard to mess up, the only way is if you try to push it to the limit and SC last millisecond and not get your dots back. Perhaps targeting macros would help you? /tar galvanic storm bird

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Crucia and Regulos = Pyroharb
    Goloch = Pyroharb 2 ele variant
    Matriarch = 61 harb

Everything else = Warlock
    Are you on stun duty? I prefer Lock for Matriarch.

Plane Walker

No I don't really double dot on Gelidra either but it's pretty cool on other bosses. One other thing to remember for target swaps- Salvage is off the GCD but unless you macro stopcasting in front of it, your void bolt will finish casting before it fires. so either macro that or tap a movement key to interrupt your cast and time salvage right. And it's much better to salvage too early than too late.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Ascendant

So how do you do on progenitor with warlock? Get your DoTs when the shield is up and reapply them when the shield is gone? Void bolt doesn't quite cut it on the shield.

Gelidra - Chloro
    Zaviel - Chloro
    Twins - Chloro
    Crucia - Chloro
    Progenitor - Chloro
    Kain - Chloro
    Matriarch - Chloro
    Goloch - Chloroharb
    Regulos - Chloro

Oh yeah, I play 61 Harb on Gangnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Gelidra - Chloro
    Zaviel - Chloro
    Twins - Chloro
    Crucia - Chloro
    Progenitor - Chloro
    Kain - Chloro
    Matriarch - Chloro
    Goloch - Chloroharb
    Regulos - Chloro

Oh yeah, I play 61 Harb on Gangnum.
    Wanna carry me with those OP nature's fury?

I'll bring Archon with a FP macro in my main spam to use on CD.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    So how do you do on progenitor with warlock? Get your DoTs when the shield is up and reapply them when the shield is gone? Void bolt doesn't quite cut it on the shield.
    You can either SC off your maintarget and DP the shield when shield is up(use a /tar arebus macro) SC/DP to the main target after it's down. Or you can run a constant stream of dots on Arebus and double dot him with your main target. If either of those are too much for you you can ask your raid leader to just stay on the main target, as melee are, but if that's the case you might want not run Lock until you're more comfortable with it and can switch(depends on how generous your RL is, how good everyone else is at switching).

+ Reply to Thread