+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any pyro parses yet?

Default Any pyro parses yet?

Doing this from mobile since I haven't had the chance to touch the game yet

So is pyro now top ST? (Pve) I am seeing a few rumors but nothing definitive yet, and I'm very curious.

I had taken a long break from rift, came back, and just now pretty comfortable with 61 lock, and wondering if any mages have put some work in with pyro and what the results are. Tbh I haven't even looked at the 61 pyro build/rotation/etc.

Any feedback is appreciated, as I'm quickly moving through content ATM

Thx in advance

Telaran

It's still parsing lower even with the changes, but only slightly and is extremely fun to play. You should definitely check it out!

You get a lot more instant fireballs, but they don't seem to be hitting for as much damage. So we basically have slightly increased mobility. Am only testing live during Ashora dailies to get inferno to proc, so no parses. When facing 2-3 mobs the target switching is a lot smoother (ttk on the second or third a lot quicker).
    Beware the Penguin...

I would say on live target switching is a lot easier now specially with our new ability to keep combust on multiple targets. However its single target damage I feel doesnt warrent the handicaps to mobility that pryo has. It doesnt parse higher than warlock in any stand still situations for me ( I could just be doing it wrong, been a while since I played a pure pyro...since before defilemancer )
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Champion

A few other more dedicated people might've figured all this nonsense out already, but I'll share my experience.

Parsing slightly higher than lock on the dummy(11.2 vs 11.4) but haven't worked on things enough yet. Still trying to figure stuff out exactly plus I realized I forgot that flame volley exists because I'm a noob. But so far parsing was kind of a bummer cause I haven't been able to move much past the dps I got while derping on the dummies for 20mins even after more serious parsing.

Lock can't use nedra's grasp on the dummies and death's door should add way more dps than inferno, so until there's a rotation that adds another k or 2 to the dummy parses lock is still the spec of choice. And then any 2-3 target fight lock should pull way ahead regardless of what the best pyro rotation ends up doing.

I don't imagine pyro hybrids have gotten much of a boost either. DPS increased on a variety of skills but you also lost flame sigil so unless the increase was 15-20% it's a zero sum change.

Anywho from the hour or so I spent my impression is 61 pyro is close enough to be viable if you enjoy the spec but from a min/max PVE perspective I still have no idea.

What I am way more curious about TBH is if the changes to stormcaller make the harb/storm hybrids cool again. It was apparently super for a while but never tried it after it was nerfed and forum consensus was it wasn't that viable anymore.
    Last edited by MonkeysUncle; 03-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    What I am way more curious about TBH is if the changes to stormcaller make the harb/storm hybrids cool again. It was apparently super for a while but never tried it after it was nerfed and forum consensus was it wasn't that viable anymore.
    There have been no changes to Stormcaller Harbinger synergy. Basically SC got the cast time removed from a couple abilities and some cooldowns were cut in half.

TBH one of the huge problems I see with SC harb is storm shard and eldritch armor fighting with one another.
    Last edited by Scuba Steve; 03-28-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I mean, you didn't see Gandalf bunnyhopping through Mordor blasting away with instant cast spells.

It does just OK on HM Gelidra, where I tried it last night. Had to switch to Warlock to get the kill for the DPS on both targets. It's really awful on HM Zav, and Twins obviously, decent on Crucia but obviously worse than Pyroharb.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Champion

Pyro is kind of odd now. What I'm doing as filler is 2s fireball cast with 1 filler spell in between to get as many double fireballs as possible. So fireball>flame bolt>fireball>countdown. I mix in searing vitality if there aren't any cinderburst/wildfire procs to mix in.

After parsing for an hour or two thinking about a good way to rotate in the variety cooldowns I got to 12k. Stripping everything out except filler, extinguish, and heatwave while using flame volley/fusillade occasionally when extinguish gave me too many fireballs got me to 12.5k.

Without careful consideration about which cooldowns are worth it and when exactly they are best used they become a dps loss. Makes me slightly skeptical about how much of a dps gain they can be even if used in the right way. Pyro is much much simpler now than ever before but still seems to be one of the more nuanced specs.
    Last edited by MonkeysUncle; 03-28-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    The more I parse the less I think it'll outparse lock.

What I'm doing as filler is 2s fireball cast with 1 filler spell in between to get as many double fireballs as possible. So fireball>flame bolt>fireball>countdown. I mix in searing vitality if there aren't any cinderburst/wildfire procs to mix in.

Fusillade does me 22k of damage in 2 seconds. A fireball does me 7.2x2 and flame bolt about the same. So fusillade does the same dps in 1 less second, every 45 seconds. Saving 1s every 45s with a 12k dps spec comes out to 300dps.

Fulminate does the damage in 1s, but eating charge is time that could be spend under IC. Small dps gain if used in the right circumstances.

Anyway, bottom line for me was that parsing for an hour or two thinking about a good way to rotate in all the cooldowns got me to 12k. Stripping everything out except filler, extinguish, and heatwave while using other stuff like flame volley/fusillade occasionally got me to 12.5k.

Without careful consideration about which cooldowns are worth it and when exactly they are best used they become a dps loss. Makes me slightly skeptical about how much of a dps gain they can be even if used in the right way.
    I was thinking, do you think it'd be a decent dps gain of both fulminate and withering flames didn't actually "consume" charge. Maybe they could make certain spells become unlocked after "gaining" enough charge, but it just didn't consume it. So just use them when the charge bar fills then pop IC. Just an idea, cause right now considering all opportunity costs, its almost better to use a normal rotation using IC to its fullest, and ignore both fulminate and withering flames.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Rift Chaser

Having some of the "Power Attacks" of Pyro unlock at a certain level of charge would be helpful on the PvE side, and still promote some sensible charge management.

The other option would be to further buff Fulminate and Withering Flames to truly compensate for the loss of charge, but that would probably make Fulminate a one-shot attack in PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by kenji1134 View Post
    Having some of the "Power Attacks" of Pyro unlock at a certain level of charge would be helpful on the PvE side, and still promote some sensible charge management.

The other option would be to further buff Fulminate and Withering Flames to truly compensate for the loss of charge, but that would probably make Fulminate a one-shot attack in PvP...
    I haven't seen higher than a 9.5 crit with fulminate so you'd have to buff it substantially for it to be a 1 shot

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread