+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pyro viable now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarim View Post
    Or:

E) Put 5 points into Warlock (Magical Affinity) for 25% increased charge generation.
    And lose out on 10% SP from Harb (plus Lightning Blade). I don't really see that as a viable option when you could simply leave Fulminate and Withering Flames out of your rotation and get more IC time which works out to higher dps when you include the Harb bonuses.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

So I have a question....

So while extinguish/hw are on CD, is there anything else to be using as "filler" besides wildfire/cb procs and fireball? Is withering and fulminate rly a loss, even with IC toggled? Off with flame volley on CD as well

Bc I notice the burst is high, but the drop off can be severe on the dummies at least

Edit: I am aware fulminate eats max
    Last edited by merder; 04-08-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by merder View Post
    Is withering and fulminate rly a loss, even with IC toggled?
    withering flames is a dps loss, compare the damage it does over its 5 second channel with anything else you could have used in that time and you will see its damage is simply not high enough. add to that it costs you a pryomancers aegis proc (assuming you channel for its full duration)

Fulminate is less clear, Instead of thinking of its cost in charge think of it as -20% damage for x seconds, the value of x depends on what else you use, if you get a cb proc and so on. So to be worth the gcd fulminate has to do more damage than other spells you could have used that gcd on + the dps it cost you to save the charge to use it

if it crits it was worth it and if it doesn't crit it is closer to dps neutral or even a loss, however it is instant so it can be used to fill a gap before fireball where you need something for those aegis procs

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    withering flames is a dps loss, compare the damage it does over its 5 second channel with anything else you could have used in that time and you will see its damage is simply not high enough. add to that it costs you a pryomancers aegis proc (assuming you channel for its full duration)

Fulminate is less clear, Instead of thinking of its cost in charge think of it as -20% damage for x seconds, the value of x depends on what else you use, if you get a cb proc and so on. So to be worth the gcd fulminate has to do more damage than other spells you could have used that gcd on + the dps it cost you to save the charge to use it

if it crits it was worth it and if it doesn't crit it is closer to dps neutral or even a loss, however it is instant so it can be used to fill a gap before fireball where you need something for those aegis procs
    So I guess my question would be, between cd's, how do I pass the time lol

I get that it's more or a priority rather than rotation, but does it mean fireball with procs weaved in? Just felt like there's a big gap that shouldn't be there.

Thx again though. Didn't rly weigh the fact of building the charge vs. IC

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    And lose out on 10% SP from Harb (plus Lightning Blade). I don't really see that as a viable option when you could simply leave Fulminate and Withering Flames out of your rotation and get more IC time which works out to higher dps when you include the Harb bonuses.
    Why not take out of archon? I haven't tried pyro much so it's a question of curiosity.

As a note I specced 10arch/5harb and went 5 into exhilaration so I'm not making raid wait for PS stax.

Wish they'd implement "bugged" mobs like that first boss of PF back in the day. Free PS stax!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarim View Post
    Or:

E) Put 5 points into Warlock (Magical Affinity) for 25% increased charge generation.
    And lose 10% damage or 5% + 10% Spell power? lol nope

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

Default Hmmm

It was finally pretty good but now, less than a week later, they've already taken away the new Flame Rupture ability

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tirubon View Post
    It was finally pretty good but now, less than a week later, they've already taken away the new Flame Rupture ability
    Bugged skill is bugged. It'll be back once it's not stupidly broken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3