+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer Macro

Default Pyromancer Macro

Is this an ok spamming marcro for a pyro? Just came back after almost a year and this was similar to a macro I had. I don't know it is still viable. Thanks!

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Countdown
    cast Cinder Burst
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

EDIT

Is this an ok spamming marcro for a pyro? Just came back after almost a year and this was similar to a macro I had. I don't know it is still viable. Thanks!

#show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Countdown
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

Ascendant

Its ok, but you will probably want to remove inferno since "reactive" abilities like inferno add macro lag.

and you may or may not want an extra key so you can put up an improved flame bolt buff before the first countdown.

But both of those suggestions really fall under optimizing the rotation.

Throw Searing Vitality in at the bottom of the macro in case you are moving if you like.

imo Inferno and Cinderbust should be on their own proc macro (meaning only use them when they proc). I also have the countdown and flamebolt on their own macro too. I fire them off and go to my main spam macro unless something procs or they need refreshed (using karuulalerts for timing).
    So, on my 61 pyro 10 archon 5 harb build I single cast pillaging stone and searing vitality, then hit my macro with flame bolt and countdown, then spam a main macro unless something procs, or my bar is completely full and I can shoot off withering flames. only after that do I use flame volley.

Explanations, having Inferno in your main macro causes macro lag because it has to check for the condition each time. Plus you really don't want to hardcast Cinderburst. There is no sense in firing off countdown at the end of a fight sometimes as it will not go off, so is a waste of being able to cast something that will go off.

After reading Val's pyro guide it really helped me a lot. It is a lot to take in, but playing pyro you don't really have a set rotation. That is satisfying (depending on rng).
    Last edited by Geopenguin; 03-26-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Beware the Penguin...

+ Reply to Thread