+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lol r u mad
  • 2 Post By Xenoheart

Thread: Bored at work again: Warlock in the future...

Default Bored at work again: Warlock in the future...

My 3.0 warlock wish list:

Oki, I totally know 3.0 is super far away but I really did not feel like doing anything at work for the last hour on a friday, so I did this instead (shhh dont tell my boss lol). Tell me what you think about my crazy ideas for some lvl 60-70 skills. (just skills, didnt worry about talents for 60-70). Again keep in mind all other callings would have skills on par with these forwhatever it is they do.

lvl 60-70

64: Unholy Rupture: Instantly applies Life Leech, necrosis if available, dark touch, neddra's grasp, and atrophy to the target. 45 second CD.

68: Shadow's Rejuevination: Gives your void bolt and each tick of void barrage casts a 10% chance to reset the cooldown of draining bolt. Increases all healing recieved from life leech, draining bolt, and mortality by 25%. Self Buff, lasts 1 hour.

71: Mark of Darkness: Mark's a target for death, causing any application or refresh of a death damage over time skill on another target to also apply or refresh the same effect on the target of your mark of darkness in addition to dealing X damage every 3 seconds. It also increases damage of damage over time effects recieved by the mage by 10%. Lasts 5 minutes.

Talent skill 1: Into the Shadows: Increases's the mages movement speed by 100% and renders them immune to crowd control for 10s. Also Increases damage and healing recieved from warlock armor by 100% for the duration. Insta cast, CD 2 minutes.

Talent skill 2: Lingering Death: Self Buff: Allows damage over time effects to remain on the opponent for three more additional seconds, but they deal no damage for those three seconds. Lasts 1 hour.

What kind of skills would you like to see on warlock? I already love warlock as it is, its a very good dps soul with good survivability, but think about when we enter the planes (hopefuly) in 3.0, what new awesome powers would you like to see?

Feel free to waste time at work thinking about this lol.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I'm pretty tired of playing Warlock on almost every encounter, and It''s already our best overall dps soul so I don't think it needs anything. I would like It's dots to be a threat in pvp but that will never happen.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    I'm pretty tired of playing Warlock on almost every encounter, and It''s already our best overall dps soul so I don't think it needs anything. I would like It's dots to be a threat in pvp but that will never happen.
    It needs a dot buff across the board, Life leech self healing and warlock armor need scaling up, Defile needs a damage increase and it needs 35m base range on all of its spells like every mage soul needs right now.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    needs 35m base range on all of its spells like every mage soul needs right now.
    You are not a rogue/warrior/cleric, only way you can get 35m on your raid dps spec is gimp your dps and put points in Dom.

Plane Touched

Warlock has been a nice change of pace in SL. Rift won't last long enough to get to 3.0 though.
    DragonflySeksParade@Wolfsbane
    Multipass@Wolfsbane
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

i think warlock gaining a range of 35 meter to abilities would be fair and would be really nice, and dot buffs to pvp would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    If Lock had something similar to the Inq tree for it's Void Bolt to make it an instant cast and make Life Leech instant cast, then I think Lock could work. Why should Inq get instant cast Bolt of Judgement and instant cast Vex (basically the Inq version of Life Leech), but Lock has to hard cast both...oh wait, we have that 10% chance with Opportunity

Something similar to Inq's Spiritual Scrutiny, just give Lock something at say 58, or even 61 pnts in the tree to give us both Life Leech and Void Bolt insta cast .....seems fair to me, esp since Bolt of Judgement hits harder base dmg wise anyway, I don't think it would make Lock OP but the added mobility might make PvP more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by drsharp View Post
    Warlock has been a nice change of pace in SL. Rift won't last long enough to get to 3.0 though.
    Because of ESO?

I really generated the thread to see what kinds of new skills people would want for a 10 level expac in the future, in the event they did a 10 level expac with the next expansion. Again just a bored at work thing not anything of high value.

Anyway, I would assume that they'd do the usual, two new talent based skills and three new root skills. What skills could they add in to warlock that would be both useful and not overcrowding.

Thus I generated the above abilities.

I got the idea for one of them from when I read the reaver could apply all their dots on a charge, and combined with the max stax from prime and max stax from stormcaller stuff, and max deathly calling from necro...I thought it'd be nice if warlock could just throw up all their dots too, of course with a CD.

i wanted a new pvp based skill, and into the shadows sounded nice and thought it matched the death theme.

I felt life leach was meh with all the healing inquisitor gets so I thought of a buff that would increase healing recieved from life draining abilities as well as bring a dps boost to draining bolt.

Mark of darkness I thought would be cool during heavy multitarget fighting, like the boss would never loose his dots even if you sucked them off and reapplied them to another target, it'd reapply them all to the boss again. If there was no targets, then it would count as a dot modifier increasing your dot damage on that target. I even thought it'd be fun in pvp. All in all I thought those changes would allow us to manage our dots even better.

Lingering death I felt would be useful to help prevent dot clipping, and allow bigger windows of opportunities for the warlock.

Anyway, I should have been more specific. What NEW ABILITIES would you like to see for warlock in the next expac that would be both useful, and not overcrowed current abilities. I'll leave suggestions for current abilities and how they work their scaling and what not to the mage suggestion thread that some people are ripping on right now lol.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-29-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    Xenohart

been playing since launch and im yet to pull a rabbit out of my hat or saw a woman in half
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    been playing since launch and im yet to pull a rabbit out of my hat or saw a woman in half
    You should try to saw a hat in half and pull a rabbit out of ...

ya lets move on.
    Xenohart

+ Reply to Thread