+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Morguloth

Thread: Last Gasp

Default Last Gasp

This spell is realllllllly annoying me too death. It's obviously a PvP related spell, but in WFs it makes remounting after death pure hell if you've got a bunch of peeps dot'd up with it and they have any kind of dmg return ability running you can't remount half the time, it's insane.

I love my Necro, I think it's a lot of fun for the most part (though wish Trion would buff the dmg/healing off Soul Purge a bit) but Last Gasp drives me nuts. Taking dmg when you respawn sux....it's stupid.

I'd really like to see last gasp moved down in the tree, and be combined with essence link . Currently It's just an annoyance but it could be so effective if it did more damage

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Last Gasp is still a great spell, especially in group combat and against more hit and run type opponents... but I agree the dmg shield ticks it produces are very annoying if they build up because they can prevent you from mounting or drinking out of combat potions and persist through death (sort of the double edged sword with the spell), and with soul purge and essence link healing so low necro doesn't have any really good self heal options except running to the objectve and hoping for a healer. Another issue is that each tick of last gasp can be reflected (say if an opponent pops a reflect and then gets healed it will reflect the added stack onto you), in this way warden and dom opponents can abuse it a little too. Maybe a dmg shield immunity? I admit that's tempting bc those things build up so much on its dots and aoes as well. I would rather it remain as is then remove its ability to persist like it does on opponents though.
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-22-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    Last Gasp is still a great spell, especially in group combat and against more hit and run type opponents... but I agree the dmg shield ticks it produces are very annoying if they build up because they can prevent you from mounting or drinking out of combat potions and persist through death (sort of the double edged sword with the spell), and with soul purge and essence link healing so low necro doesn't have any really good self heal options except running to the objectve and hoping for a healer. Another issue is that each tick of last gasp can be reflected (say if an opponent pops a reflect and then gets healed it will reflect the added stack onto you), in this way warden and dom opponents can abuse it a little too. Maybe a dmg shield immunity? I admit that's tempting bc those things build up so much on its dots and aoes as well. I would rather it remain as is then remove its ability to persist like it does on opponents though.
    The only counter I've found to the dmg from dmg shields is having Chloro in my build to help offset the dmg, because if you have enough Last Gasps running on opponents with dmg shields when you try to respawn you and/or your pet can take a beating and can't remount to get back into the action, running suxxxxx.

I hate doing so because I prefer using builds that use Ele or Lock, not Chloro, since with Chloro I lose dps/pet dps, health etc.

My only beef is the dmg persists through death, in combat all else is fair game imho, fair is fair, but ffs it shouldn't persist through death.

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    I'd really like to see last gasp moved down in the tree, and be combined with essence link . Currently It's just an annoyance but it could be so effective if it did more damage
    That's a cool idea, maybe even have the dmg done from Last Gasp heal the caster, that would actually give you a good reason to cast essence link. Only a 10% healing reduction to the enemy and pitiful low health return from pet dmg makes it barely worth a cast if at all. I use it in a macro with petattack, but it would be soooo nice if they tweaked it so it was worth a GCD.

Personally i would like to see it produce deathly calling stacks on the enemy if they cleanse it and deal more damage than it does if they heal through it and obviously not proc reactive shield effects because no other class in the game has to deal with the bull necro does.

Mage needs a buff all over from its range, its DPS, its survivability and the actual usefulness of its CC.

Too many changes that I doubt we are ever going to see and even though i have one of every calling in the game i find warrior dull, rogue dull and cleric dull so effectively they have made the most personally enjoyable calling practically useless.

Which means my interest in RIFT is at an all time low.

Plus my actual faith in the competence of the developers is nil right now for many obvious reasons.

New expansion soon, ****!
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

How does Contaminate affect LG? I mage a screw around build with 44 Necro and the rest in Warlock, and I notice that my LG ticks for about the same in full 61 Nec as it did in the hybrid. I think Contam only affects the initial application of LG and not the other stacks? Which would make it completely useless

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Personally i would like to see it produce deathly calling stacks on the enemy if they cleanse it and deal more damage than it does if they heal through it and obviously not proc reactive shield effects because no other class in the game has to deal with the bull necro does.

Mage needs a buff all over from its range, its DPS, its survivability and the actual usefulness of its CC.

Too many changes that I doubt we are ever going to see and even though i have one of every calling in the game i find warrior dull, rogue dull and cleric dull so effectively they have made the most personally enjoyable calling practically useless.

Which means my interest in RIFT is at an all time low.

Plus my actual faith in the competence of the developers is nil right now for many obvious reasons.

New expansion soon, ****!
    Agree, I'm in the same boat, my other toons/classes are just like you said..."dull".

Mage presents a better challenge than the other classes, but there needs to be some tweaking done here and there.

Although an increase in dmg and applying stacks of Deathly Calling would be pretty nice, I'd just settle for Last Gasp not causing me any dmg after respawning from enemy shield effects. Just blows my mind that a spell obviously for PvP would have such an awful flaw in WFs.

Rift Chaser

something does need to be done about necro in pvp. it is a great pvp spec but the last grasp and the pet keeping dots through death is killing me

I think I'd like to see a dmg shield immunity, and fix so last gasp stacks can't be reflected after the initial cast. That would probably fix a lot of the issues the class is currently dealing with with last gasp
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread