+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning To Game - Have A Couple Questions

Shadowlander

Default Returning To Game - Have A Couple Questions

I just started playing again. Last patch I played in was 1.5. I was just shy of p7 at the time I quit in early October of 2011. Logged back in recently and saw that I was p50. I have a couple questions about how the mage does now.

I used to run 51 point Pyro and dominate warfronts. I would also run warlock if I was being targeted often, chloro sometimes when I wanted to win the actual warfront rather than just do real well myself, and run Stormcaller for the monster kill crits that could almost 1-shot a person.

How long would it take to go from p50 to p80? Give me an estimate using the old p1-p8 scale

Are any of the specs I used to play still viable at all? Can I still build up a few charges with stormcaller and then crit somebody for 75% of their max hp?

Thanks
    Last edited by Korzu; 03-20-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korzu View Post
    How long would it take to go from p50 to p80? Give me an estimate using the old p1-p8 scale
    I remember ranking up from R1 to R8 took a VERY long time. For a rough estimate, ranking from R50 to R80 is like ranking from P4 to P8. If all you want to do is rank up, my suggestion is to hit lvl 60 ASAP, then just join Conquest (CQ). CQ is only available at lvl 60. It is also, in my opinion, the fastest way to rank up in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Korzu View Post
    Are any of the specs I used to play still viable at all? Can I still build up a few charges with stormcaller and then crit somebody for 75% of their max hp?
    Full pyro is only okay in the level 60 bracket; may be better at the lower level brackets though. SC is not a great soul at the moment. If you like AOE, try full Dominator with some SC for added aoe damage. Warlock got better and is viable, assuming healers don't cleanse. Pretty much scrap your old school builds, except for maybe pyro/dom.

One viable spec you can try is Harb. Hits hard but it's melee. Full chloro is good too; squishy but good.
    Last edited by fripples; 03-20-2013 at 10:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread