+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Ardor
  • 1 Post By Xenoheart
  • 2 Post By Delmlord

Thread: Greater Essences

Shadowlander

Default Greater Essences

I've tried looking around but can only find dated information on the current balance of Greater vs Lesser essences for mage healing and dps. Are the procs the greaters provide better than the pure stat's you'd get from just putting a lesser in that slot?

Greaters are still useless. 6 lessers, all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    pretty much this.

(suggestion to trion, allow us to add lessers to greaters in the manner you can add runes to gear. Doing this will allow us to use greater slots to their full potential and allow more customization of gear to the player).
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I have not come across any SL greaters drops yet, so I think they must be pretty rare.

In another thread, someone brought up the idea of giving greaters some stats in addition to their special procs. I think that is a good idea, although it might be best to keep the stats on a level of a green lesser to keep the greaters from being op.

At level 50, I used to use some of the soul specific greaters that activated on the use of a specific ability. I thought those were useful because I could include them into a rotation. I had some control.

For SL, I think it would be a good idea to have some soul specific greater procs that will allow your character to have access to some ability he would not normally have. For example, stormcallers don't have a shield, so a greater that procs a shield after casting icicle (or something else) would be a neat thing to have. Warlocks could have one the gives a speed buff. Chloromancers could have one that produces a stun.

Plane Walker

I use a greater from SL called Ravaging Shadesource, it procs from heals and adds 98SP/AP for 20s.
    In a 20 person raid I consider that a fairly decent buff, even if only half the raid has it at any given time (which is pesimistic, it procs a fair amount), that's + 980SP/AP - certainly beating what a single lesser will give me alone.

I wonder if it stacks with the one that gives around +80SP or so, that would still beat a lesser when raiding.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 03-20-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I use a greater from SL called Ravaging Shadesource, it procs from heals and adds 98SP/AP for 20s.
    In a 20 person raid I consider that a fairly decent buff, even if only half the raid has it at any given time (which is pesimistic, it procs a fair amount), that's + 980SP/AP - certainly beating what a single lesser will give me alone.

I wonder if it stacks with the one that gives around +80SP or so, that would still beat a lesser when raiding.
    I was actually looking at that particular greater when I was deciding, but I was unsure of the proc rate and whether it would be overwritten with any other buffs. Also, while I am starting to raid now, my gear is still all from experts, so I'm relatively undergeared. Think its still worth it?

Ascendant

The two kinds of shadesource don't stack with each other, at least coming from a single person when you put them both in your own sigil.

Nefarious Shadesource is the better one, giving 114 AP/SP for 20 seconds.
    Last edited by Archyface; 03-21-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

For healers, the lowest score of a lesser in your BiS sigil is about 140. So as long as this buff is on at least 1.2 players on average, then it's already good for your BiS.

I always thought it was only single target heals that procc'd it which is why I've kind of overlooked it...
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

you should have those greaters on your bard tho

he has most heals per second on different raidmembers + the statloss isnt that important on a bard

back in ID we had a designated bard, he was running both greaters (group death rift lvl 50 version + lvl 42 blue one)

i did test them back then, they stacked but only one person could run those greaters
    if another one was running the same essences they would only overwrite (to the contrary of Darkling Skull for example)

we dont have a designated bard anymore, so i havent tested them since SL, are you sure one player cant use the highest version + a lower one?
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Ascendant

You can certainly use them both, but they do overwrite each other, so probably only worth having the best one in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    greaters should have stats just like lesser + the proc imho

there isn't anything "great" about being useless compared to a lesser
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    You can certainly use them both, but they do overwrite each other, so probably only worth having the best one in.
    I did a little bit of testing the other day as a Chloromancer. Both Ravaging and Nefarious Shadesource are stat gains for the raid as individual essences. But I haven't run tests to see if worth having both, I suspect it could be since the proc rates aren't that high and Chloromancers heal pretty much all 20 raid members every few seconds so the chance of overriding should be low. I imagine the situation is similar for Bards.

Needs testing to determine what the uptime is to determine the optimum amount to have in the raid, and whether it's worth having both on a Bard and none on Chloros or Nefarious on both etc.

Hypatia is a good way to measure buff uptime so if someone could get parses of the various compositions it would be great.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-24-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread