+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Inixia
  • 1 Post By Orangu
  • 1 Post By Inixia

Thread: What happened to Necromancers Life Shift?

Telaran

Default What happened to Necromancers Life Shift?

Me and my friend were talking bout necromancers and way to boost their dps a little bit more then we stumbled across something. What ever happened to Necromancers Life Shift? Life Shift -Deals x Dealth damage to the Mage and heals an ally for x health and an additional amount equal to 10% of the casterís maximum health. Cannot target the Mage. (+13 charge). Necromancers should always have a hurt yourself to heal your % of hp gone to a ally. I feel like that is just what necromancers are good for is inflicting self damage or pet damage in means of a helpful outcome. I do think they should put that back in cause every little heal helps it makes Necromancers more necromancy. I mean even if they didnt get buffed in ways of dps they should have something to make more use out of them i would love to see some death smoke and undead pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomoto View Post
    Me and my friend were talking bout necromancers and way to boost their dps a little bit more then we stumbled across something. What ever happened to Necromancers Life Shift? Life Shift -Deals x Dealth damage to the Mage and heals an ally for x health and an additional amount equal to 10% of the caster’s maximum health. Cannot target the Mage. (+13 charge). Necromancers should always have a hurt yourself to heal your % of hp gone to a ally. I feel like that is just what necromancers are good for is inflicting self damage or pet damage in means of a helpful outcome. I do think they should put that back in cause every little heal helps it makes Necromancers more necromancy. I mean even if they didnt get buffed in ways of dps they should have something to make more use out of them i would love to see some death smoke and undead pets.
    LIfe shift was removed with the expansion, as was blood binding (which was as similar dot based heal). And in my opinion... good. These never really proved too useful for the class, they didn't provide a raid role, and in pvp it wasn't very often that you'd want to forgo your (better) dmg role in order to dmg yourself for the lesser heal unless you knew you'd be able to get it back quickly with soul purge or essence link (back when these were relevant self heals) and it was really important to single target heal someone (maybe a carrier?).
    I do like the concept of sacrificing life for powerful moves though, and the blood magic did have a cool conceptual fit to the necro theme, but it'd have to be developed more than it was if it were reintroduced.
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-19-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Champion

I would love to have both of these spells back too. Not sure why they were ever taken out. And to say that they had no use in raids is not really an appropriate reason (since not everyone raids) imo.

That said, I guess I don't miss them much since I don't play necro much anymore. Ever since SL I have discovered I can solo and do other things fairly easily without a pet so I haven't really been drawn to either necro or ele.

Plane Touched

Few encounters would benefit from this type of ability. In all pve contect, healers would always be preferred to do a spot-heal as opposed to wasting a gcd of a dps. Most healing builds have more appropriate spot heals anyhow (either a much larger heal or a hot or a hot+shield, etc). I could see it useful in pvp in blackgarden type of encounters where there may be dps disconnects and a dps could spare a gcd to focus heal someone carrying the fang. The only other place I could envision its use is if you've got a tanking pet while soloing something.

The only benefit to bringing back this ability would be getting those threads about ppl saying cholor/necro is a healing build because of life shift. Those always gave me a laugh.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Ascendant

They were bad spells with screwy scaling issue. Like draining MORE HP from you as you gain more SP yet still heals for a flat amount on target. It could be useful if they bring it back and make these scale to a decent amount but it will be useless whatsoever if brought back with the same old scale.

Champion

Yeah I mainly used these for pet heals back in the day and on some classic wipes on the first set of five mans.

The real strength of these spells is to provide an alternative to using Sacrifice Life: Mana as a way to suicide (yes, I've done that). This way I could be like "I'll heal you bro! <Life Shift> Crap! My soul walk is down..."
    Last edited by smellwhat; 03-19-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    Yeah I mainly used these for pet heals back in the day and on some classic wipes on the first set of five mans.

The real strength of these spells is to provide an alternative to using Sacrifice Life: Mana as a way to suicide (yes, I've done that). This way I could be like "I'll heal you bro! <Life Shift> Crap! My soul walk is down..."
    good point, maybe we can make a sacrifice life: mana upgrade that restores 100% mana for 100% health in light of the missing life shift.
    Or make a feign feign death that fools people into thinking you are playing dead by actually dying.
    I think necros should be able to unsummon ourselves when we are in possession too- its not fair that we don't have the full capabilities of our real pet.
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-19-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Plane Touched

You joke about that, but I have thought it would be cool to have a complete kamikazee (sp?) heal.

Sacrifice 100% of the necromancers life to heal 5 nearby allies by 100% of the necromancers health. That'd be flippin' cool and I'd play necro just for that.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

speaking of feign death, has anyone actually ever finished a whole feign death? Maybe there is some secret fireworks at the end or something

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    speaking of feign death, has anyone actually ever finished a whole feign death? Maybe there is some secret fireworks at the end or something
    If I remember right, it actually kills you. Or it used to at least.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    If I remember right, it actually kills you. Or it used to at least.
    you have done science proud.
    http://www.atout-geek.com/wp-content...s-1024x575.jpg

I do like the concept of sacrificing life for powerful moves though, and the blood magic did have a cool conceptual fit to the necro theme
    now theres an idea..... blood magic for a new soul at some point. destroy urself for insane power

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

i'm more disappointed that they removed warlock reconstruct. I always thought this was a crucial ability for the class: to fear an enemy and reconstruct while they are CCd

+ Reply to Thread