+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThirdRevelation

Thread: Shadow Revenant refusing to cast skills?

Shadowlander

Default Shadow Revenant refusing to cast skills?

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem/found a solution for it. Mid dungeon run my shadow revenant refused to continue casting skills. Resummoning him wouldn't do anything, changing him from defensive to aggressive and back didn't do anything. My dps ate it because the pet was doing nothing and was supposed to be a major part of my dps. I summoned a zealot and he worked fine, but he isn't quite as good. Any ideas?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdRevelation View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem/found a solution for it. Mid dungeon run my shadow revenant refused to continue casting skills. Resummoning him wouldn't do anything, changing him from defensive to aggressive and back didn't do anything. My dps ate it because the pet was doing nothing and was supposed to be a major part of my dps. I summoned a zealot and he worked fine, but he isn't quite as good. Any ideas?
    Yea easy fix is to take all your petcast stuff out of your macro. I assume you found a necrolist guide and copied exactly macro and spam. Thats your problem.

Take out all the lolpetcast and it will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdRevelation View Post
    The problem is only isolated with you. You have been using your Zealot for too frequently and your Revenant is upset. Don't think that the Undead don't have feelings !

Drop petcast macro.
    If you really want your pet to follow you with attacks just put "petattack" in it. That will make him cast things.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    Drop petcast macro.
    If you really want your pet to follow you with attacks just put "petattack" in it. That will make him cast things.
    Pet cast used to be good to have in macro cause it made pet target swapping faster. But some hot fix made pet cast Interupt pet cast. I haven't had pet cast in that guide in long time tho.

Please do world a favor before and play harb or lock

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

good to know actually. i dont use pet specs so thanks for le tip!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Yea easy fix is to take all your petcast stuff out of your macro. I assume you found a necrolist guide and copied exactly macro and spam. Thats your problem.

Take out all the lolpetcast and it will work fine.
    I did not have petcast in my macro. I was aware of that issue.

I started getting this today as well, and it really confused me as well. You tell the revenant to attack something and it just assumes a slightly crouched attack position and does nothing. Nothing seemed to make it work--- I had to finally contact a gm- what happened is my autocast on the pet abilities got turned off, go to your pet ability bar and right click all of the abilities you want it to cast (they will start to get those moving lights around them). It should hopefully work after this
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread