+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller: Is Lightning Burst worth it?

Default Stormcaller: Is Lightning Burst worth it?

In either Single Target or AoE, is Lightning Burst worth using?

Wouldn't Stormcaller have to be worth using for Lightning Burst to be worth using???? =P

I use lightning burst for ST damage, using the lvl 61 buff, the one where water damage makes your next AOE instant...which is either lightning burst or forked lightning honestly.

The thing is lightning burst deals damage to targets based on your single targets stacks of lightning, not theirs.

So say I'm pew pewing the boss with ST damage. Well, if a crap ton of adds spawn from nowhere, use the armor proc to insta cast lightning burst to quickly deal a crap ton of damage as its based on your single target stacks of lightning and not the actual stacks on all the adds. Also it does do a healthy amount of ST damage so its good to use in a ST rotation.

I will agree that the use is limited, and the use of stormcaller in general is extremely limited at this time, which is weird cause pre SL it was used a lot (second boss PF, original progression on akylios, nearly every trash pull in a raid cause the mobs took forever to burn and there were a lot of them, not just one to three trash mobs per pull like now). Stormcaller is only strong if there are 8 or more targets, and if the fight is extremely stationary. No trash pulls are like that currently. Its focus one mob down move to the next out of 1-3 mobs per trash group, and no boss currently summons enough adds to warrent consistent AOE damage. And the ones that do are practically immunew to AOE specific damage (hello kain hard mode), which is just silly.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-11-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Oh ok. I was just wondering. It does AoE damage so I figured it might be worth it in AoE, but I didn't really think it was. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread