+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phantom Blades at 61 - no-cost Toggle!

Default Phantom Blades at 61 - no-cost Toggle!

Empyrean Ascension is not a 61 incentive/perk and is not really anything useful in pvp or cq or grouping!

i suggest that we swap PB with EA and make PB a no-cost toggle and either reduce the range or reduce the damage so it's not OPed. this idea came from cleric/defilers ae/ST toggle spell.

i would also suggest Storm Shroud to be dropped or made more useful. may want to swap it with Tempest Winds and make TW an aoe. but i would rather have SS be an escape that works in pvp if it stays at 58! or give us a pull-to command like warrior and cleric have, but at this point 54 is about as high i would say is useful in harbinger.

love the harbinger, just what the mage needed for those days you want to melee!
    Last edited by Mykei; 03-08-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mykei View Post
    Empyrean Ascension is not a 61 incentive/perk and is not really anything useful in pvp or cq or grouping!

i suggest that we swap PB with EA and make PB a no-cost toggle and either reduce the range or reduce the damage so it's not OPed. this idea came from cleric/defilers ae/ST toggle spell.

i would also suggest Storm Shroud to be dropped or made more useful. may want to swap it with Tempest Winds and make TW an aoe. but i would rather have SS be an escape that works in pvp if it stays at 58! or give us a pull-to command like warrior and cleric have, but at this point 54 is about as high i would say is useful in harbinger.

love the harbinger, just what the mage needed for those days you want to melee!
    perm. phantom blades really isn't necessary. it's already up 50% of the time if needed. and if you have to be ranged more than 50% of the time just play a ranged spec.

EA is awesome in pvp, not so much in zerg vs zerg but smaller battles it is really stong.

IMO anyways
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

I can't agree with any of this.
    You're looking to completely revamp a soul based purely out of your pvp desires, ignoring all pve implications. It's also obvious that you simply don't know how to use EA or Storm Shroud properly or you would consider both far more useful.

Harbinger is better as-is than any of these suggestions.

How is EA not a good incentive to go 61 points lol? It's excellent in PvP. 20% damage reduction for 30seconds is alone great. Add in the powerful unbreakable root, two great AoE casts and Shocking Touch being about as powerful as a spammable Storm's Fury, I don't really see how you can have a problem with it.

Phantom Blades being a toggle is a bit .. eh. Maybe if the toggle didn't stack with other toggles like Charged Blade it could be reasoned. But I think it's already in excellent shape with a possible 50% uptime. I was surprised on release that such a skill wasn't something like a 2 minute cooldown.

Tempest Winds, I would love to have as an AoE. But I doubt it would happen XD

As for Storm Shroud, while some nice things could be done with it, I'd really like an additional 5s duration.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Tempest Winds, I would love to have as an AoE. But I doubt it would happen XD
    This needs to happen, or any fight with adds means we lose to SPEARS and FIERY SPIKE

Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    This needs to happen, or any fight with adds means we lose to SPEARS and FIERY SPIKE

Q.Q
    Harb aoe is just abysmal.
    Though I'd realistically prefer for Kervik to do what he'd planned to do and make Harb/Stormcaller viable ST and reasonable aoe. If Harb/SC could do RB-level st and RB-level aoe, it'd be very nice. I sincerely doubt it'll happen and if it does it'll be twice as complex as any RB rotation, but the possibility that we could melee and have aoe dps would be a nice.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by berzz View Post
    this needs to happen, or any fight with adds means we lose to spears and fiery spike

q.q
    lolololforklololoflamelolspearlolololforklolriftlo lspearlolololololol

But yea, Harb aoe is so bad that I can probably do more damage single target than lucent slash at maximum targets.

Shaman, Riftblade, Nightblade all have easy mode nice AoE.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 03-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Kervik pls read ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_~

Quote Originally Posted by Mykei View Post
    Your premise is blatantly incorrect.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Your premise is blatantly incorrect.
    I have to agree, even tho its not as lolfaceroll ez mode pvp as some warrior/rogue specs its still a very powerful cd.

Rift Chaser

Toggleable ability -> Good idea
    No cost? -> Bad idea

A solution like Valeryy suggested would be acceptable.

Phantom Blades - Toggeable ability:
    Increases the range of your slashing attacks to 30m. Each slashing attack consumes 5 charge. Does not stack with Charged Blade.
    This way you lose 30% dmg but you gain 30m range for exactly the time you need it.
    I think that would be reasonable.

Kervik pls read ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_~
    This. /10char

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
    This way you lose 30% dmg but you gain 30m range for exactly the time you need it.
    I think that would be reasonable.
    we already have 30m range exactly when we need it. making the strongest melee disconnect ability even stronger is just silly.

play ranged if a fight requires you to be out of melee range >50% of the time. this thread is lulz
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

One of the depressing things about mage melee is that we don't really have any instant spam for disconnects.

Hell we can go 44 points into a ranged PYROMANCER DPS soul paired with harb, and still absolutely have no instant spam for ranged DPS during disconnects. I find that puzzling when warriors can dip a few points in tempest and go lolpulselolpulselolpulse during disconnects. 0_0. It would be nice if pyromancer had an instant spam that hit maybe 1/3 as much as fireball without a cd. Put this low in the tree, meaning if phantom blades is on CD you can spam this ranged instant without a cd.

One of the depressing things about mage melee is that we don't really have any instant spam for disconnects.

Hell we can go 44 points into a ranged PYROMANCER DPS soul paired with harb, and still absolutely have no instant spam for ranged DPS during disconnects. I find that puzzling when warriors can dip a few points in tempest and go lolpulselolpulselolpulse during disconnects. 0_0. It would be nice if pyromancer had an instant spam that hit maybe 1/3 as much as fireball without a cd. Put this low in the tree, meaning if phantom blades is on CD you can spam this ranged instant without a cd.
    0 Dominator lolwin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast