+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree8Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Petition to make chloros able to aoe heal each other

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default Petition to make chloros able to aoe heal each other

    I am really sick of groups full of clerics able to aoe heal each other into oblivion (even the bards get in on the action) but when three mages try to aoe heal your veils won't allow any of them to heal each other with the exception of our one sh**ty cast heal.

    I'm speaking more to pvp than pve but even pve I believe lifegiving veil should allow you to receive other chloros heals. Not synthesis as I can see where that could create two unkillable mages however even then i dont' see anything stopping two Sentinels or Puri's from healing each other....

    It also makes other options such as harbringer/chloro really unviable as if you put up your veil you receive no heals from other chloros!

    let the warrior qqing begin.....
    Last edited by Naughtyned; 03-05-2013 at 07:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    see this thread
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ros-veils.html

    in particular this post by daglar

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I hate coming out and saying no, but that is what I'm going to do here.

    There are no plans in to change the mechanic with Chloros where their veils do not affect other veil holders.

    ~Daglar
    can we stop asking for this now

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Natural Healing.
    Healing Torrent.
    Essence Surge.
    Bloom.
    Flourish.
    Wild Growth.
    Withering Vine.

    Oh, and the fact that each mages veil STILL HEALS THAT MAGE.

    You whine about clerics being able to heal each other. Maybe, crazily, that's because a cleric isn't always passively healing himself at the same time. It's almost as if these games work on some sort of tradeoff system.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser tteen6789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    Natural Healing.
    Healing Torrent.
    Essence Surge.
    Bloom.
    Flourish.
    Wild Growth.
    Withering Vine.

    Oh, and the fact that each mages veil STILL HEALS THAT MAGE.

    You whine about clerics being able to heal each other. Maybe, crazily, that's because a cleric isn't always passively healing himself at the same time. It's almost as if these games work on some sort of tradeoff system.
    don't forget resurgence

    Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    Natural Healing.
    Healing Torrent.
    Essence Surge.
    Bloom.
    Flourish.
    Wild Growth.
    Withering Vine.

    Oh, and the fact that each mages veil STILL HEALS THAT MAGE.

    You whine about clerics being able to heal each other. Maybe, crazily, that's because a cleric isn't always passively healing himself at the same time. It's almost as if these games work on some sort of tradeoff system.
    lol what aoe heal spec doesn't heal itself, are you using warden and not constantly healing yourself? oh wait yes you are AND other wardens so your point is indeed not a point lmao

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Then we wouldn't have to bring a warden to raids..they're there just to heal the chloros..amirite?

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    This isn't going to happen, for balance reasons.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    I'd like to be part of the petition that would automate the locking of threads like these.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

  9. #9
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    This would be less of a problem in PvP if Chloro wasn't one of the only playable souls.

    As for PvE, lol, not happening.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    For pve it's a horrible idea, chloros would pretty much dominate since they also do some damage which helps with rage timers. A few 44/32 chloro harbs could keep the raid up easily while maintaining very respectable dps.

    For PvP I can't tell you how many times my team gets steamrolled because we have 3 chloro healers, and no bard / cleric heals. The first time there is even a hint of focus fire all 3 chloros drop like gnats. This is especially problematic as lanto said because a large number of mages heal in WF's simply because our other ranged specs are pretty lackluster.
    Last edited by vexare; 03-05-2013 at 10:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    For pve it's a horrible idea, chloros would pretty much dominate since they also do some damage which helps with rage timers. A few 44/32 chloro harbs could keep the raid up easily while maintaining very respectable dps.

    .
    ya..it'd be a shame to have more then 1 well rounded healer class on a raid..wtf are we thinking!

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Crovack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Can we change this to:
    Petition for the ability to downvote threads

    Would allow us to respond to such terrible ideas with the single click of a button instead of bothering typing out regurgitated responses that could easily be found if the OP bothered to spend a couple minutes searching the forums.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tteen6789 View Post
    don't forget resurgence
    Is that even worth casting outside of pvp when you happen to be moving and taking damage?

    Honestly the ability has made me pretty sad, especially when they took away the heal on hit buff that chloro was originally going to get that would have been amazing in pvp.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    noooooooooooooooooooo
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  15. #15
    Ascendant radiomaryja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    PvE: Absolutely NO
    PvP: Debatable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts