+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Increased Range

Default Increased Range

Like the title says.

Increase mage range to 35-40 prior to picking up the increased range points in the Dominator soul. Discuss

Rift Chaser

No.

If they did they would have to increase all other classes and any aura buffs, making the change redundant.

Leave it as is, make Raid environments bigger so it's actually more of an issue.
    Last edited by Hadezz; 03-05-2013 at 12:27 PM.

How about apply the increased range we already have say to a more useful soul that has great synergy with PvP builds!

THINK PYROMANCER.

**Ignition** Decreased the cast time by all fire spells by 4% and all other spells by 1%. Also increases range of all Mage damaging abilities!

This would be really helpful for mages. To be an effective nuker/kiter, it is essential to have the extra range.

Marskman - #1 ranged DPS soul for rogues automatically gets this.
    Inquisitor - #1 ranged DPS soul for clerics automatically gets this
    Tempest - #1 ranged DPS soul for warriors automatically gets this.

How is it fair that as the most versatile ranged class in Rift (THE MAGE) is required to dip into an AOE soul to get the much needed range increase in PvP???
    Last edited by Berzz; 03-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    How about apply the increased range we already have say to a more useful soul that has great synergy with PvP builds!

THINK PYROMANCER.

**Ignition** Decreased the cast time by all fire spells by 4% and all other spells by 1%. Also increases range of all Mage damaging abilities!

This would be really helpful for mages. To be an effective nuker/kiter, it is essential to have the extra range.

Marskman - #1 ranged DPS soul for rogues automatically gets this.
    Inquisitor - #1 ranged DPS soul for clerics automatically gets this
    Tempest - #1 ranged DPS soul for warriors automatically gets this.

How is it fair that as the most versatile ranged class in Rift (THE MAGE) is required to dip into an AOE soul to get the much needed range increase in PvP???
    I have raised this concern about 3 months ago. And I was undoubtly flamed by waqqiqrs giving some crap excuse like "Tempest is our only ranged DPS tree thats why we should get anything and everything". Rightnow mages are automatically the shortest ranged DPS (if going ranged ST spec), and none of the viable ranged dps specs mages got, have enough points to dip into Dominator for the +5m ranged (which is again provided to the other 3 classes primer ranged DPS spec for basically free as BOTTOM TIER talent with EXTRA bonuses attached to it), or you have to gimp your DPS to do so.

Also there are few mechanics in SL that can be completely avoided standing at 35m but not 30m.

Oh well at least warlock is actually (and the only) a competitive ranged DPS soul, Pyro on the other hand... is SOL, no mobility no burst with mana issue with **** DPS that gets beat by lolwaqqiqrs tempest or Rogue MM using only 2 buttons.

Edit: Give Mental Fortitude more bonus like +SP by 2~10%, or build it into our ranged dps tree just like every other classes in this freaking game.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 03-05-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Plane Touched

rofl, from now on i'm referring to warriors as waqqiors. Love it.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

you dont need more range you need better dps

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    you dont need more range you need better dps
    both would be nice, from a pvp standpoint.

kinda tired of fireballing (with a cast time) for less than: empowered shot, hasted shot, BoR, sanction, almost every melee finisher and most of the builders - all of which have no cast time, or less cast time than fireball, and from longer/safer distances(in the case of the ranged stuff).

Did i mention mages have worse resistance bypassing talents than clerics, for a much larger investment?
    Last edited by Caldern; 03-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

kinda tired of fireballing (with a cast time) for less than: empowered shot, hasted shot, BoR, sanction, almost every melee finisher and most of the builders - all of which have no cast time, or less cast time than fireball, and from longer/safer distances(in the case of the ranged stuff).

Did i mention mages have worse resistance bypassing talents than clerics, for a much larger investment?
    Use Fulminate.. Oh wait, it does almost same dmg as a fireball....
    Retired

Rift Chaser

You need to use a finisher before empowered shot is instant. Sort of like you have a spell to make up to 5 fireballs cast instantly.

Don't try to compare a baseline ability to a talented buffed ability, it kills any credibility you may have had.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    You need to use a finisher before empowered shot is instant. Sort of like you have a spell to make up to 5 fireballs cast instantly.

Don't try to compare a baseline ability to a talented buffed ability, it kills any credibility you may have had.
    assuming the rogue is dumb enough to actually hardcast empowered shot, it still hits harder than fireball with the same cast time.

Ascendant

assuming the rogue is dumb enough to actually hardcast empowered shot, it still hits harder than fireball with the same cast time.
    Funny thing is my Empowered does more than double than Fireball, you do not want to compare Empowered Shot to fireball, its not fair (almost like an insult to fellow rogues), compare Empowered Shot to Cinderburst will be a closer match.

Fireball is spammable and can proc various effects like Combust and instant Cinder Bursts.

Empowered Shot is not spammable and does not cause any bonus effects aside from weapon enchantments.

Well my point was that mage should be THE ranged choice of all the classes. It should have a greater cast range, a lot of the abilities require a cast time of some sort and they wear cloth. Any melee classes should have to work to get to them. The extra range could give the mage a chance to get off a few cast time AoE's on a group of healers that they might not other wise be able to.

Since there really is no front line in pvp anymore since everyone is ranged, the front line is dictated by how far back you can push the other teams healers.

Would this be an advantage in pvp? I don't think so with the state of mage dps compared to others. It would give greater survivability...probably not much but still lol

It would make other ranged dps that want to target the mage choose between moving up more and risk being targeted by other ranged dps or stay where they are and try to take out others. Of course all the while being healed by the clerics they are standing close to.

I think it COULD give a new thing to think about in pvp or it could just be useless I dunno. I do think the extra range should be there because right now there is nothing that makes a mage worth playing in pvp besides Dom or Chloro and the only thing that separates mage ranged dps from the others is that it sucks and it should be the ranged choice.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by thinice View Post
    Well my point was that mage should be THE ranged choice of all the classes. It should have a greater cast range, a lot of the abilities require a cast time of some sort and they wear cloth. Any melee classes should have to work to get to them. The extra range could give the mage a chance to get off a few cast time AoE's on a group of healers that they might not other wise be able to.

Since there really is no front line in pvp anymore since everyone is ranged, the front line is dictated by how far back you can push the other teams healers.

Would this be an advantage in pvp? I don't think so with the state of mage dps compared to others. It would give greater survivability...probably not much but still lol

It would make other ranged dps that want to target the mage choose between moving up more and risk being targeted by other ranged dps or stay where they are and try to take out others. Of course all the while being healed by the clerics they are standing close to.

I think it COULD give a new thing to think about in pvp or it could just be useless I dunno. I do think the extra range should be there because right now there is nothing that makes a mage worth playing in pvp besides Dom or Chloro and the only thing that separates mage ranged dps from the others is that it sucks and it should be the ranged choice.
    Basically you want to un-easy mode PvP for Waqq and Rogues... lol yea like that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Basically you want to un-easy mode PvP for Waqq and Rogues... lol yea like that's going to happen.
    I dunno I guess you could look at it like that, but my main is a rogue. I pvp as a sab on it. I pvp with my warrior as well and Tempest is kind of...ridiculous lol The survivability I have on it compared to my mage is kind of sad and it has good dps. The added survivability also means you are going to do more dps because you spend less time respawning lol

I just think a mage having the extra range over the others might kind of balance some things out or at least be interesting to watch lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast