+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about the upgraded conquest trinket

Default Question about the upgraded conquest trinket

Has anybody gotten the DPS conquest trinket yet? How often does it proc? Is it worth getting or should I just get the healing one for the 1/10 raids that I am asked to heal?

Yes, a ton of people have it, and It's worth getting for the stats/Crit power not the proc which does about 65 dps.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I would say healing one is more effective than the dps one for what it does.

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

The same stats are on the healing version and the DPS version.

The question I had was about the proc... does it proc enough to be worthwhile or should I just get the healing one?

Ascendant

The dps one does 0-1% of your dps. The healing one 4-5% of your healing (tested both).
    Last edited by Pricia; 03-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Alright... I'm sold. Healing it is.

Healing one procs consistently every 5-6 seconds on average for me. (not done extensive testing)

Don't have the DPS one. But don't underrate if it really does do 65 dps. That's pretty nice. I guess you could say 65 dps might be equivalent to something like 20-30spellpower roughly. I'm pretty sure you would all ninja the DPS one if it had a flat 20 more spellpower instead of a healing proc!

edit: But ya healing trink ftw. Beams beams beams. And those heals are actually a lot in PvP. Wouldn't be surprised to see a healing reduction nerf on them over the coming year (remember how trinkets/greater healing+shielding essences were considered OP before? XD)
    Last edited by Soul sky; 03-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Healing one procs consistently every 5-6 seconds on average for me. (not done extensive testing)

Don't have the DPS one. But don't underrate if it really does do 65 dps. That's pretty nice. I guess you could say 65 dps might be equivalent to something like 20-30spellpower roughly. I'm pretty sure you would all ninja the DPS one if it had a flat 20 more spellpower instead of a healing proc!

edit: But ya healing trink ftw. Beams beams beams. And those heals are actually a lot in PvP. Wouldn't be surprised to see a healing reduction nerf on them over the coming year (remember how trinkets/greater healing+shielding essences were considered OP before? XD)
    On our recent Hypatia parses:
    Twins (5:11) Total: 12,663 - average 603 per hit, 21 hits, 40.1 dps
    Progentior (6:23) Total: 14,472 - average 517 per hit, 28 hits, 37.8 dps.
    Kain (4:32) Total: 16, 281 - average 603 per hit, 27 hits, 59.9 dps.
    Matriarch (6:32) Total: 16, 281 - average 603 per hit, 27 hits, 41.5 dps.

I'm guessing I was missing some buffs on Progenitor due to the lower average hit. May have been when I got my Crucia staff and forgot to put a powerstone on it for EE1. However, this confuses me, as ALL the other average hits are identical (603), and my spell power certainly went up from the Twins encounter to the Kain and Matriarch encounters. This would mean that the proc is possibly affected by a powerstone, but not by your base spellpower? I'm very confused at the moment.
    Last edited by Crovack; 03-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Plane Walker

I don't think any item procs scale with spell power do they? More likely it's a hypatia quirk of parsing fully absorbed procs as 0 damage. 28 procs, 4 absorbed by boss shield would be 14472 damage done. 14472 / 28 = 516.9
    Last edited by drabk; 03-03-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    This would mean that the proc is possibly affected by a powerstone, but not by your base spellpower? I'm very confused at the moment.
    Procs act in strange ways I'm finding.... Take a look at lightning blade for instance. The tooltip of the skill says it's affected by spell power. However, the tooltip of the buff doesn't change no matter what your spell power is. (Haven't actually tested which is right as I only found it a day or two ago...)
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    I don't think any item procs scale with spell power do they? More likely it's a hypatia quirk of parsing fully absorbed procs as 0 damage. 28 procs, 4 absorbed by boss shield would be 14472 damage done. 14472 / 28 = 516.9
    That ... seems a lot more likely.

+ Reply to Thread