+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Fix Mages Maybe?

Soulwalker

Default Fix Mages Maybe?

After working for weeks for enough gear to solo heal experts and I get there. Then Trion goes and nerfs mages to the point that we are no longer viable solo healers.

Why are you people trying to fix things that aren't broken? The whole reason I play this game, is to heal, and you take that away from those of us who actually spend the majority of our time healing.

You seriously need to rethink mages. Clerics whine about mage healers being better, so rather than FIX THE BROKEN CLERICS, you nerf mages so their healing is about the same as it was pre-SL.

How about give mages their healing back, and reduce cast times on cleric healing spells...then they'll be about evenly matched. Took me all of 3 seconds to think of that. I honestly don't know why I bothered with a year subscription, Rift is pretty much a simpler version of WoW.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilum680 View Post
    After working for weeks for enough gear to solo heal experts and I get there. Then Trion goes and nerfs mages to the point that we are no longer viable solo healers.

Why are you people trying to fix things that aren't broken? The whole reason I play this game, is to heal, and you take that away from those of us who actually spend the majority of our time healing.

You seriously need to rethink mages. Clerics whine about mage healers being better, so rather than FIX THE BROKEN CLERICS, you nerf mages so their healing is about the same as it was pre-SL.

How about give mages their healing back, and reduce cast times on cleric healing spells...then they'll be about evenly matched. Took me all of 3 seconds to think of that. I honestly don't know why I bothered with a year subscription, Rift is pretty much a simpler version of WoW.
    Chloros still best healers.

I have no problems healing 5-mans on my mage, even with tanks at 30-35k hp.

i urge mages to roll cleric, maybe the mages will stop whining like little *****es all over the forums, you are worse than warriors with your whinging

Solo healing all experts is a joke, and I'm not even a great chloro. Next

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Since when was chloro nerfed? It wasn't even nerfed in 1.11. They just had a mechanic change that change how their healing worked and prevented the use of powerful healing hybrids such as the pyro/chloro.

Or perhaps you are just one of the delusional people who insists healing wasn't bugged before and that it wasn't a fix but rather a nerf.

If you can't heal, I suggest you practice more because mage healing is fine right now.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Plane Walker

People like you are the reason why the mage class keeps getting dumbed down.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Solo healing all experts is a joke, and I'm not even a great chloro. Next
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    People like you are the reason why the mage class keeps getting dumbed down.
    Reading things out of order/context makes it way more interesting.

OT: Might want to look towards Chloro guides if you find it's too hard/weak/magicbeans.

The total throughput of mages has been decreased a bit too much if you ask me. When you've burned through every CD and the tank is still losing health slowly while you VL with EV up and another healer has to step in with a quick top off then it's not your skill that comes into question. You're simply not pushing enough total heals from your abilities. I don't know what it would take to make this not happen anymore but can't imagine that we're more than 5-10% off ideal.

The second problem I see is with the AoE output while using LBV/Synth. While this shouldn't be a problem (dps never stand in bad, right?) due to the nature of some abilities (spider boss in UB, bookshelf boss in exodus, several of the bosses in GF) that are not avoidable you will occasionally have to top off the group while remaining in LBV. Ok, so you Flourish. Now what? Our AoE output while LBV and Synth are up is too low and I doubt that raising total throughput by 5-10% would be enough to fix this problem... it would likely need a total 5-10% raise rather than the small portion of the 5-10% total hps throughput that it would receive for being the AoE portion of LBV heals.

To all those raiding chloros that have posted above: lose the PA, the gear, and the experience. Ok, so you can't do all that... make a new char and gear it for experts and then tell me how easy it is to solo heal as a chloro. Yes, a raid geared chloro should have no problem in an expert but what about those players that are just getting there? There's a big difference between running at a tackle dummy and pushing and pushing till you knock it over and running into a brick wall and landing on your backside with a slightly flatter face. Healing an expert should be difficult, not impossible.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    The total throughput of mages has been decreased a bit too much if you ask me. When you've burned through every CD and the tank is still losing health slowly while you VL with EV up and another healer has to step in with a quick top off then it's not your skill that comes into question. You're simply not pushing enough total heals from your abilities. I don't know what it would take to make this not happen anymore but can't imagine that we're more than 5-10% off ideal.

The second problem I see is with the AoE output while using LBV/Synth. While this shouldn't be a problem (dps never stand in bad, right?) due to the nature of some abilities (spider boss in UB, bookshelf boss in exodus, several of the bosses in GF) that are not avoidable you will occasionally have to top off the group while remaining in LBV. Ok, so you Flourish. Now what? Our AoE output while LBV and Synth are up is too low and I doubt that raising total throughput by 5-10% would be enough to fix this problem... it would likely need a total 5-10% raise rather than the small portion of the 5-10% total hps throughput that it would receive for being the AoE portion of LBV heals.

To all those raiding chloros that have posted above: lose the PA, the gear, and the experience. Ok, so you can't do all that... make a new char and gear it for experts and then tell me how easy it is to solo heal as a chloro. Yes, a raid geared chloro should have no problem in an expert but what about those players that are just getting there? There's a big difference between running at a tackle dummy and pushing and pushing till you knock it over and running into a brick wall and landing on your backside with a slightly flatter face. Healing an expert should be difficult, not impossible.
    You are pretending that "raiding chloros" stepped into 5-mans and healed with full raid gear. Please be reasonable.

As for your example of the spider boss in UB, that one is pretty simple. Radiant Spores/Withering Vine always on the boss, with the group stacked, use Flourish after her aoe/NT as available. There is no other raid damage between her casts (unless people are standing by the spider spawns, which is not healable anyways), so you don't need to *immediately* top everyone off. Rarely has there ever been a need to *immediately* top everyone off. It's a matter of sufficiently healing them before the next spike in raid damage. Corrosive Spores is also great for that fight because every tick on the adds will proc LBV.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-01-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Corrosive Spores is also great for that fight because every tick on the adds will proc LBV.
    Also similar to Spores, in procing multiple ticks. In my experiences, GCD efficient in terms of tank healing due to the multiple 5k+ heals non-crit. And, makes you look smart by having bigger dps numbers.

OT: Was healing experts in terrible cleric-stat gear before anyone had gear. Imagine progressing when no one knew the bosses or what we were doing. Yeah, before the lolOP 2.1 patch. Chloro healing is fine, has been fine.

Rift Disciple

There was never a "nerf" to chloro healing, there was a bug fix to double dipping. Before the fix, you could solo heal an expert Nakkid. No sympathy here, simple case of L2P.

Champion

Not sure how much experience you've had solo healing experts, but it might also be an issue of bad party members.

I've been solo healing experts as a chloro for quite a while and started with way less gear than I have now. A few days ago I had a tank in golem foundry who was getting rocked. On the last boss I just let him die because of a slightly sub-optimal use of my GCD. I definitely could have kept him alive if I was more prepared for him to get 3 shot, but if I had less gear it would've been damn near impossible.

Chloros are definitely viable healers. If you're having trouble read some guides and find some other chloros and ask exactly what they're doing. Ask about specific fights to find out how they heal it and what tricks and strategies they use to deal with the incoming damage.

But besides looking at what you're doing also look at your party members. If you pug you can get squishy tanks or dps with low hp who like to stand in dangerous places.There are some people who are just impossible to keep alive until you completely overgear experts. In those cases, just ask for a support, let the fight take 25s longer, and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    To all those raiding chloros that have posted above: lose the PA, the gear, and the experience. Ok, so you can't do all that... make a new char and gear it for experts and then tell me how easy it is to solo heal as a chloro.
    We did. We got level 60, and walked into experts as a group of us, fresh level 60, horribly geared, with no synergy crystals, still rocking some ID gear and green quest gear, and I solo healed experts. It was not difficult then, and it is not difficult now.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

It's always the same problems with some people, If you can't do something It means that the game is broken and the class is crap. The problem can never ever be the player(s), who may be unexperienced (the whole group), because then you'd have to admit that you don't know how to play your class properly. Also guess what, crappy gear makes things a bit more difficult - but the problem here is not the chloromancer souls healing output.

Calling Rift a simpler version of WoW, and still failing at chloro healing, which let's be honest isn't rocket science, is quite hilarious. Tantrum much?

This thread has received more attention that it ever should, protip to the OP; Just stop playing while you still are doing experts, you'll save a lot of forum space by not starting to raid.
    Last edited by Tulikettu; 03-02-2013 at 02:47 AM.
    .:Our studies show that the bird is equal to or greater than the word:.

gear and ungeared produce two very different results
    akin a chain of 'bad tanks' can add to this creating an illusion{?} of weaksauce
    if its too much dont give up on the class just lay off whats causing you trouble until later on

there wil be a lot of these kind of threads as people break out the alts for pa grind
    its ok as long as people remember that we were all new to something once
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 03-02-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast