+ Reply to Thread

Thread: spell vs CP

Shadowlander

Default spell vs CP

Hi there,

ok, here are my personnal's stats : 3600 sp / 2000sc / 440Cp 4/4 dungeon synergy

In your opinion, what's best ? choose an item which gives you 50sp or 70Cp ?

70Cp gives approx. 2.5% cp, 50sp compared to 3600 seems to be a weak gain (1.4%)

If 50 spell is better , what should be the Cp value to change the deal ? 100? 125? more?

i mostly play Warlock and pyro, any suggestions ?
    Last edited by mervar; 03-01-2013 at 03:19 AM.

There is a way to test out which is best for you. Do three parses with full buffs(no feast) and the 55 int/wisdom potion and take the avg. Then do 3 parses without the potion and take the avg. That will give you a basic idea what 50 sp does for you.

Have to be a little more creative with the cp(drop you potion buff and use a feast and elder tablet perhaps, i happen to have the +50 cp gloves and spell power gloves to swap out to test with. Run a few parses and get the avg then compare it with your sp parses.

Oh that crit rating seems a bit high, try to drop it a bit to make burning fury stack more if possible. That will make your cp even more valuable.
    Last edited by utterchaos; 03-01-2013 at 04:57 AM.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

with those stats i would choose the spell power
    will bring you closer to 10:1 sp-cp
    who took my names!

Shadowlander

Ok, so until i reach , let's say 4000sp , no need to push on Cp.

Shadowlander

Oh that crit rating seems a bit high, try to drop it a bit to make burning fury stack more if possible. That will make your cp even more valuable.
    Yes, "unfortunaly" i've dropped several items with Sc so the number can be a little too high even though "burning fury" still makes a good job : more than 30% avg on dummy in warlock spec (16% sc stat.) around 25% in pyro.

I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Quote Originally Posted by mervar View Post
    Ok, so until i reach , let's say 4000sp , no need to push on Cp.
    Never compare overall numbers. The worth of SP or CP from each individual item is based on how much SP vs how much CP the items have, your current stats, and your build/rotation. In specs with Burning Fury, the worth of Crit Rating is decreased (even more than usual) and the worth of Spellpower and especially Crit Power are increased. 1 SP is still worth more than 1 CP until your crit chance is very high however (AFAIK)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-01-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Ascendant

Hi there,

ok, here are my personnal's stats : 3600 sp / 2000sc / 440Cp 4/4 dungeon synergy

In your opinion, what's best ? choose an item which gives you 50sp or 70Cp ?

70Cp gives approx. 2.5% cp, 50sp compared to 3600 seems to be a weak gain (1.4%)

If 50 spell is better , what should be the Cp value to change the deal ? 100? 125? more?

i mostly play Warlock and pyro, any suggestions ?
    Short version, goto this website, select 61 Lock, and then compare the two items you're looking at replacing.

Long version, plug your stats into my spreadsheet here. Without knowing your Int and Wisdom, your individual weights for 61 Lock (fully raid buffed) come out to the following:
    Int: 0.95
    Wis: 0.4
    SP: 1
    SC: 0.3
    CP: 0.84

Now you can plug these weights into the rift-hero website and get more accurate info on which item is better. Also, what TheGrinnz said is truuu
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

Thx for this Archyface.

I've noticed during 2 bosses event encounters that my SC score reached 36% on the 1st fight and dropped to 26% in the second one ,changing my overall dps from 13.2k to only 11.6k (from a top gun to a noob ).

Assuming that all the debuffs from each class were applied the 2 times (i was selfbuff only the 2 times), i guess that burning fury must be pointed at as the guilty.

So , did you notice this kind of variations ? did you find anything to limit them ?

Maybe i get "unlucky" on the second parse (a 10% gap seems unreal to me) but this can add to the discussion about CP.
    Last edited by mervar; 03-05-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Ascendant

Thx for this Archyface.

I've noticed during 2 bosses event encounters that my SC score reached 36% on the 1st fight and dropped to 26% in the second one ,changing my overall dps from 13.2k to only 11.6k (from a top gun to a noob ).
    I'm guessing you mean how much you crit during a fight.
    This is VERY VERY random.... 10% isn't much of a difference really, so I wouldn't really attribute it to anything other than random luck.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shield of Telara

Sounds like you have way too much sc. Personally if I were you I would push for SP. The main reason being that cp outside of a raid situation is fairly weak. We have fairly pathetic crit values in groups / 10 man settings so cp has a largely reduced effectiveness. If all you do is raid EE/FT then by all means go cp crazy.

+ Reply to Thread