+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dominator garbage in pvp?

Soulwalker

Default Dominator garbage in pvp?

I find that its not that great in pvp, sure the snare are good on paper but you get into a warfront, you snare once or cc once and after that all i see is "Immune immune immune immune."

I have no way to really counter this as I count on the snares to up my cast time so I can get some burst off. Usually i just get stunned in return and then 2 shot.

Am I doing something wrong with this soul? The Energy drains and mana drains arent that great either as people regen way to fast to make it even useful or the fight is over really quick.

Any mages with advice or should I just forget the tree and stick to fire and spell blade for pvp.

I wish Trion would give mages more then one pvp tree. Harbinger is lame.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Asarial View Post
    I find that its not that great in pvp, sure the snare are good on paper but you get into a warfront, you snare once or cc once and after that all i see is "Immune immune immune immune."

I have no way to really counter this as I count on the snares to up my cast time so I can get some burst off. Usually i just get stunned in return and then 2 shot.

Am I doing something wrong with this soul? The Energy drains and mana drains arent that great either as people regen way to fast to make it even useful or the fight is over really quick.

Any mages with advice or should I just forget the tree and stick to fire and spell blade for pvp.

I wish Trion would give mages more then one pvp tree. Harbinger is lame.
    If I find a decent dom on the other team they become my priority kill. Doms can wreck teams all by themselves without ever getting a kill, especially if that team is a pug.

I don't think doms are garbage at all - I do hate them, but they aren't garbage.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Ascendant

Dom isnt garbage. It's purpose isnt lolfaceroll like lolwarr and lolrogue or rebuke bots, you "dominate" the field by controlling it. Pick enemy key target (e.g healer/bard or enemy dominator) and you can easily render them useless. Learn to use your tools, you have AE silence, AE spell reflect, continuous interrupts, mass betrayal, you can force people into standing still which will take increased damage drom your dots or take some serious damage (that also AEs) if they decide to move.

Like previous poster said, dom can wreck your entire team without really getting a kill. You are very squishy and you are definitely NOT dps, dont expect being able to lolfaceroll like NB/RS rogues or warlolriors 3 globing people with derpfriendly button mashing playstyle. Dom isnt easy to play, and if the enemies got players that isnt derptards will most likely find you and try to kill you sometimes even before your healers (yes you are even more of a threat than the healers especially when you know how to play it right).

Mage definitely isnt Fotm PvP class, pick a rogue or warrior if you want to faceroll, otherwise learn to play Dom correctly or pick something easier and more facerolling style spec like Chlorobarb which you can play it like warriors and rogues but dont expect being able to take down a NB/RS or VK, mages are notoriously weak in PvP especially against specs like those.

Ascendant

dom is probly the most op spec with mage in pvp actually ... it can bring whole raids into halt ...
    in conquest 2-3 doms at enemy and you are practically screwed, cause all the tacticians get "no energy" ^^

in warfronts dom gets the #1 every time we realise there is one and who he is ^^
    Last edited by Antigonos; 03-01-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Nope.

/endthread
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    If I find a decent dom on the other team they become my priority kill. Doms can wreck teams all by themselves without ever getting a kill, especially if that team is a pug.
    Pretty much.

Rift Disciple

Dom is a CQ only spec(mostly for MB stacking) im sure fan boys will attempt to argue other wise. the spec is just too easy to counter in WF's. id rather have a good chloro then a good dom.

Yeah 11 points into Dom to keep targets silenced for 8 seconds at a time every other 8 seconds or just place on one of your melee so they have an infinite 15m pulsing interrupt is garbage plz fix to be better
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Draining 1000 mana per second while dealing damage, which can be talented while also having 61 points in any other soul (like Chloro while healing!), is also useless: plz fix =(=(
    Last edited by Soul sky; 03-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Draining 1000 mana per second while dealing damage, which can be talented while also having 61 points in any other soul (like Chloro while healing!), is also useless: plz fix =(=(
    its funny cus its true

Current TTK is high enough to make Dom an extremely formidable soul.

Dominator really isn't that good anymore because of the free, no cooldown mana returns they gave every soul in SL. If anything, It's way more effective against Rogue + Warrior than mana users now.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Dominator really isn't that good anymore because of the free, no cooldown mana returns they gave every soul in SL. If anything, It's way more effective against Rogue + Warrior than mana users now.
    Time spent channeling = time spent not healing. They don't have to run out of combat to drink anymore, true, but player lifespan is much lower than it was in those days.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Time spent channeling = time spent not healing. They don't have to run out of combat to drink anymore, true, but player lifespan is much lower than it was in those days.
    if you're playing dom to mana drain healers you're doing it wrong.

you better off chain sheeping them away from their grp so the pugs dont break it.

AP/MB/sheep/RP = the only thing dom is useful for, and only in zergs

as a sidenote im still seeing mages cast SS b4 haunting pain. kinda sad.
    Last edited by Mamimo; 03-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mamimo View Post
    AP/MB/sheep/RP = the only thing dom is useful for, and only in zergs
    So, basically, I can use my AP/RP, use Mass Betrayal, and then afk for 30 seconds until the next RP is up? Dom so ez, man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast