+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Mage

Shadowlander

Default PvP Mage

I am wondering if I am really just wasting my time in pushing to get to 80 to see the full potential. Everyone I talk to say's that Mage's are not balanced in regard to other classes/sub-classes. Mages are easier than other classes to beat.

I just made lvl 61 Prestige and have all of the mercenary less 1 piece of Freelancer (Robe). I am 24 Planar Attunement points into the new tree. Please tell me I am not wasting my time......

Any info would be great and make me less pissed off ;)

Shield of Telara

harb is awesome, dom is awesome, chloro is pretty good. it takes a little more than average to get much out of the other souls. but things change so IMO it's not worth rerolling because in 1 patch from now mages may be top dog. play what you like
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Soulwalker

I lurk on here a fair bit and I always see stuff about mages being underpowered, Tbh that makes me want to play them more.
    We have god tier aoe healing, insane burst in harb and some specs that with a few changes will be incredible. I've got faith we will get a bit of love in the coming patches. Still harb, Dom and Chloro are very good atm.

Shadowlander

I agree about being an underdog. I am fine with the healing. I think we are fine as long as there is a target. A healer out in the wild is too ez to beat as we dont have the healing capacity to sit there all day and laugh.

When I think of a mage, I am thinking of the classic style as that is what I like to play. A rogueish style mage just does not do it for me. If I wanted to play a rogue, I would of picked one. Would be great to hear more feedback. For my solo build I use my 61P/8C/7D.

Mages are objectively the worst class in PvP atm outside 1 or 2 highly specific cases (dom on bridge in Scion).

Out of curiosity, how many of our abilities are still nerfed in pvp? I think removing all our current pvp nerfs would be at least a decent start in bringing us back up to a decent level.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

If you wan't to do everything BUT play the classic style nuke mage in PvP, mage is the right class for you.

Dom/Harb/Heals are our viable PvP options right now. Sadly being a ranged nuker in PvP is a struggle and much harder to pull off in comparison to the other callings.
    Last edited by Berzz; 02-28-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaiTh View Post
    I am wondering if I am really just wasting my time in pushing to get to 80 to see the full potential. Everyone I talk to say's that Mage's are not balanced in regard to other classes/sub-classes. Mages are easier than other classes to beat.

I just made lvl 61 Prestige and have all of the mercenary less 1 piece of Freelancer (Robe). I am 24 Planar Attunement points into the new tree. Please tell me I am not wasting my time......

Any info would be great and make me less pissed off ;)
    i am waiting since addon release for a mage fix in pvp, didnt happen yet.. meanwhile facerolling my rogue in wf's.. lol

I wouldn't stress yourself about getting to r80. For the vast majority of players Mage is not going to be satisfying because you can't sit back and pewpew people down. Mages are the front line these days.

Eh am I the only one who feels Mage is most OP class in PvP atm lol.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Eh am I the only one who feels Mage is most OP class in PvP atm lol.
    harb and dom are definitely bordering on OP in certain situations. chloro is pretty good as well but i wouldn't say OP. gotta keep in mind great players will make any class/spec feel OP

what harb specs are people using for PvP?

my mage isn't 60 yet but i'm essentially using 48harb/28chloro or 48harb/16dom/12pyro depending on the situation.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Valeryy, Harb is decent/good when the player is good and good players can make almost anything seem OP ;) But we are still a fair bit behind the other classes. I do far better on my warrior in pvp for much less effort than I do on my mage (and I am not a particularly good warrior player).
    Last edited by Vayra; 03-01-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    harb and dom are definitely bordering on OP in certain situations. chloro is pretty good as well but i wouldn't say OP.
    Dom can be countered by a Cleric spamming a single button. So OP.

Shield of Telara

harb and dom are definitely bordering on OP in certain situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    apparently you need to work on reading comprehension.

i was going to explain how powerful dom is, but i'm pretty sure you're just trolling as anyone with any semblance of intelligence can see that dom is incredibly strong in certain situations.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    In a wf setting? spamming a cleanse is not what i call ideal healing unless there are a bunch of chloros there healing giving that cleric the ability to spam that single button without dying.

Although, anything a dom throws can be healed through thanks to void life.

Thanks mages!

apparently you need to work on reading comprehension.

i was going to explain how powerful dom is, but i'm pretty sure you're just trolling as anyone with any semblance of intelligence can see that dom is incredibly strong in certain situations.
    So, what, you're talking about Conquest? lol. I don't need an explanation of how powerful Dom is, it's practically all I play and ever have. Relatively speaking a full Dom spec is less powerful than it used to be, tbh, at least as far as WFs go.

And yeah I am a bit, because I'm bloody sick to death of people tossing about that everything is "OP". Warriors Titan Striking down 3 people from 100% to 0% was OP. Mass Betrayal doing lots of damage in Conquest and then its caster getting yanked and killed is not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    In a wf setting? spamming a cleanse is not what i call ideal healing unless there are a bunch of chloros there healing giving that cleric the ability to spam that single button without dying.

Although, anything a dom throws can be healed through thanks to void life.

Thanks mages!
    Oh, of course, but generally unless you have a fairly robust healing setup you're screwed whether there's a Dom or not. Given that 90% of Mages run Chloro in WFs these days both cleanses and Void Life are pretty plentiful (I am awed at how many people don't know that Transmog can be cleansed).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast