+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My approach to Mage Healing

Default My approach to Mage Healing

I see too many healers out there but so far I'm having so much fun with my build.

I have played it in PVP and PVE alike and just love to play it.

The Build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcaRdx0VvldIuqAssIsdRvV

State your thoughts, modifications you would make and related love/hate issues.

Ascendant

Its your standard heal spec. If you do that stack SP. An alternate build is 61/8pyro/7harb. IF you do the pyro build, crit power tends to do well since the crit chance from pyro also counts towards heals, but doesn't consume the stacks.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by skorv View Post
    I see too many healers out there but so far I'm having so much fun with my build.

Pyro/harb subsouls will offer higher throughput at the expense of your reflect.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Skorv View Post

I don't like domi based build unless you absolutely need silence or reflekt for pve. Standard Pyro based build 61/10pyro/5harb gives higher throughput,more versatility and more dps.
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 02-27-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

I chose Dominator for the increased range, mana and intelligence but I have to say the reflect and specially thunder blast are nice to have Charged Shield is a plus...

So far I have no complains on my healing output, but I realize burning fury as a nice option to look into.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with the build... now don't mass copy me

There is nothing new about this spec. I think one of the main issues with mage healers is they are too busy trying to reinvent the wheel instead of learning the basics.

I would consider this spec better suited for PvP. However, if I was using it for a PvP heal spec, I would trade 4% Int for 8% run speed and than macro self cast reflect at the bottom of my spells.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-27-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    There is nothing new about this spec. I think one of the main issues with mage healers is they are too busy trying to reinvent the wheel instead of learning the basics.

I would consider this spec better suited for PvP. However, if I was using it for a PvP heal spec, I would trade 4% Int for 8% run speed and than macro self cast reflect at the bottom of my spells.
    You have that many free macro slots? :P

I use 8dom/7harb for pvp too. range, runspeed, int, whats not to love?
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Quote Originally Posted by drsharp View Post
    You have that many free macro slots? :P

I use 8dom/7harb for pvp too. range, runspeed, int, whats not to love?
    You don't need every spell with reflect, just enough, of the main ones, to keep your reflect on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by ReveBeck View Post
    I don't like domi based build unless you absolutely need silence or reflekt for pve. Standard Pyro based build 61/10pyro/5harb gives higher throughput,more versatility and more dps.
    Not sure why people continue to run the dom build when not needing it's "tricks"...

Soulwalker

I'm not digging Dominator in this -- are you actually needing the 10% mana? I rarely run low even in raid.

If I had the role slots I'd take a Dom subspec simply so i dont have to rely on pugs to do mechanics.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread