+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

Thread: why does Elemancer scale so badly?

Prophet of Telara

Default why does Elemancer scale so badly?

I wrote this on another thread but figured I would create one to get proper replies.

On my Warlock spec, I do 8K DPS against the Raid Boss Dummy but put up between 11K to 13K in raids (yes, I know about Death's Door but that can't be the only reason, can it?).

On my Elemancer spec, I do 14K-15K against the same dummy but only 8K-9K in raid settings. Yes, I put my ranged pet on passive sometimes but that doesn't last for more than 5s. Why such a big difference in DPS?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post

On my Elemancer spec, I do 14K-15K against the same dummy but only 8K-9K in raid settings. Yes, I put my ranged pet on passive sometimes but that doesn't last for more than 5s.
    Are there any other dummies near by ? Revenant does a lot of AOE dmg.

It`s always the best to parse in a dimension where you can put dummies as you like.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Are there any other dummies near by ? Revenant does a lot of AOE dmg.
    Yes but my DPS meter tracks my pet's DPS separately. I do 14-15K while my pet does 8-9K against the raid boss dummy in TB.

We just finished our TODQ run from last week and I was using Warlock before. This morning, against the final two bosses, I switched to Elemancer to compare and was shocked by the result. I had the same buffs since this was the same group of people...

Specs do not scale downwards when raid buffed. That would be stupid. You are clearly AEing the bejesus out of the dummies.

You think you're pulling 23k on a single-target dummy?

*walks away*
    Nope.

Despite some obvious gross misunderstanding on how to accurately parse, you are correct that the pet specs don't scale as well in raids. However, their brain dead easy 'rotation', decent passive cleaving, and almost zero ramp up time leave them perfectly usable in raids without a huge dps loss. I'd say that's a fair trade off.

Well... I would go back to he dummy cause you not pulling 23k+ dps in elemancer its just not possible on a single target test dummy on a parse that is longer then 3 minutes. The reason it scales so poorly is because the way pets are designed they have always scaled relatively poorly. So they are good specs at the beginning of a tier but are never the top specs at the end of a tier. Not to mention you should go and test actual numbers in 5 minute parses rather then ball parking them because with buffs I don't see how you could lose dps in raids.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 02-25-2013 at 08:12 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Prophet of Telara

You guys were right. I wasn't parsing properly. I bought a raid boss dummy and put it in my dimension and parsed for 5 mins and I got 8.3K for myself and 3.8 for my pet. Pretty much in-line with the numbers that I got against actual bosses.

LOL, my bad!

+ Reply to Thread