+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon/Squirrel build for Matriarch, any idea's?

Default Archon/Squirrel build for Matriarch, any idea's?

Well i should have done this a few days ago,

I was wondering what type of build i should use for Matriarch. A instant squirrel and archon build.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you.
    P2W means that if I am not spending money, I can't get gear as good as you can get by buying it. If I can get better gear by other means, it's not P2W. ---the_real_seebs

Don't like them, too bad. You don't get a special "Ban who you want!" card. ---Kralon

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#S/Glt9lliGGAEg/dAkik 58 Archon/18 Dom from my guide can do this. Or could do something like this, could be more DPS: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#d...Gl9aGGkGFay/S8

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#S/Glt9lliGGAEg/dAkik 58 Archon/18 Dom from my guide can do this. Or could do something like this, could be more DPS: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#d...Gl9aGGkGFay/S8
    yeah i actually took that from your guide lol thanks. Now i need to find the mobs name that i am using transmorgify on.
    P2W means that if I am not spending money, I can't get gear as good as you can get by buying it. If I can get better gear by other means, it's not P2W. ---the_real_seebs

Don't like them, too bad. You don't get a special "Ban who you want!" card. ---Kralon

Ascendant

What is the point of this? Squirreling the childes for the achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    What is the point of this? Squirreling the childes for the achievement?
    Winning, they asked me to make a archon dom build. We just downed crucia now we are on matriarch.

Squirreling is completely unnecessary and I would argue a bad idea.
    Nope.

i agree with above
    look into other options for managing the adds
    who took my names!

what would u do???

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bheta View Post
    what would u do???
    Heal through it.

My previous question was in context of the achievement to keep four Childes alive.

For actual Matriarch progression, I'd say just heal through aura and aoe them down.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-24-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Its not that stupid imo, but if you wanna cc all the adds you bet take 2 dominators who both got the aoe CC. You could then create a dropoff location for adds. Squirl them when they spawm, and rotate the aoe CC with the other domi.

It does work
    #3 things that are messed up in Rift:
    1# Macro's (Remove them, they simplify the game so every noob can be competetive)
    2# Addons (People that rely on them shouldn't raid)
    3# Harbingers (If I wanted to go melee, I wouldn't have rolled a mage. It also is OP so nerf it)

Here is my build for Matriarch
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#i...FiGAEg/S8yKkcE
    Squirreling is not needed on it. I am stunning small adds which are dropped right inside the boss. Blade rush cools down each add while Disabling shock is used on every 2nd. Right after stun I illuminate the add and then return to DPS on the boss. In this build you use your standard DPS macro generally only on Eldrich armor procs making your DPS pretty hight while keeping up all the buffs. You should however start the fight with a full macro rotation to put up all the buffs asap. After Flaring power end you should use charged Blade buff.

In this tactic you should have preferably 4 rogues specced into tactic, and several more AOE DPS along with ST (that needs balancing around your raid). All DPS stand in melee around the boss and cleric tank aggroes all adds inside the boss while DPS AOE them down. You should stun small adds which are dropped inside the boss asap to prevent their movement to healers which are in range but generally adds are aggroed by tactics first. As the boss has enormous model you should ensure that nameplates are enabled so you can see the add nameplate through the boss. This fight generally relies on raid awareness to interface rather than straight observation.

For a success you should obligatory force all raid members to use KaruulAlert for monitoring all 3 debuffs. This is most crucial for this encounter. Executing the debuff mechanics right almost guarantees you the win. All players should spread maximally to prevent her ball aoe mechanic getting too much energy to her. No players should ever run into Spores.

When she stacks 100 energy throw a -heal debuff on her (chloro's Blight will do it) and Waning Power/Power Drain from you.

That's it. go and DPS through her.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifyer View Post
    When she stacks 100 energy throw a -heal debuff on her (chloro's Blight will do it) ....
    Are you certain this works?
    Was told when we tested that it didn't have an effect, but I can't speak with certainty either way.

+ Reply to Thread