+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: chloro pvp

Telaran

Default chloro pvp

am i just having a bad few days or does it seem like pvp mage healing got difficult to say the least? i cant seem to stay alive? i am usually in top 5 of healing but.. wow i dunno!

Soulwalker

Default Nerf

Yes valor got nerfed slightly, as well as healing for pvp. I can still heal myself in 1v1 and occasionally 1v2 situations if i play my cards right. Not like a week ago before the nerf where 10 people had trouble with a single chloro in warfronts or conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Galzra View Post
    Yes valor got nerfed slightly, as well as healing for pvp. I can still heal myself in 1v1 and occasionally 1v2 situations if i play my cards right. Not like a week ago before the nerf where 10 people had trouble with a single chloro in warfronts or conquest.
    hyperbole at its finest

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Galzra View Post
    If your chloromancer is face-tanking 10 people, one of two (or both) things are happening:

1) Your opponents are tanks and/or terrible DPS;

2) A healer or three are keeping you up.

Pay more attention to other healers helping out, and return the favor.

Telaran

Sub 60 mage chloro pvper here, so I recommend not reading this post.

I've noticed a bit of a change, but I think for the better. Prior to the last change, I would often defend, and althought I couldn't kill anyone very easily, I could be really annoying for 2-3 others trying to grab a control point. I could hold them off almost indefinitely, keep the control point, and at least tie them up from doing something else for a while. Paired with a cleric hear defending codex or something, we really could hold off a bunch of folks cross healing.

Now I can still be annoying, but I get nervous when just 1-2 come my way, where as before not so much. I feel it is closer to what it should be now.
    Last edited by grampositive; 02-26-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: learned how to read

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by grampositive View Post
    Sub 60 mage chloro pvper here, so I recommend not reading this post.

I've noticed a bit of a change, but I think for the better. Prior to the last change, I would often defend, and althought I couldn't kill anyone very easily, I could be really annoying for 2-3 others trying to grab a control point. I could hold them off almost indefinitely, keep the control point, and at least tie them up from doing something else for a while. Paired with a cleric hear defending codex or something, we really could hold off a bunch of folks cross healing.

Now I can still be annoying, but I get nervous when just 1-2 come my way, where as before not so much. I feel it is closer to what it should be now.
    A single chloro is not going to defend a control point unless the 2-3 attackers are mindlessly spamming damage. Silence/stun **and interrupts** along with burst can take down a chloro in the 50-59 bracket. I've seen plenty of good warrior DPS capable of taking me down one on one.

The blanket nerf to healing was not an appropriate response to the reported problem of unkillable foes. Chloro healing and survivability was certainly not the problem.

it's true, chloro selfheals are terribad.. it wouldnt be the first time when i was 1v1 versus a bard (!!!) and my heals are insufficient to keep myself up for longer then 10 sec. let alone versus a proper dps. as long as i'm not being focussed or being healed by other healers i am able to do reasonable heals.
    but tbh i dont even try to max heal anymore. the most challenging for me is to get a few KB's..
    besides, chloro healing is only a little patching up, like mopping with the water still running...
    bottomline: get a cleric healer, much better in any way.
    Last edited by parangea; 02-27-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    it's true, chloro selfheals are terribad.. it wouldnt be the first time when i was 1v1 versus a bard (!!!) and my heals are insufficient to keep myself up for longer then 10 sec. let alone versus a proper dps. as long as i'm not being focussed or being healed by other healers i am able to do reasonable heals.
    but tbh i dont even try to max heal anymore. the most challenging for me is to get a few KB's..
    besides, chloro healing is only a little patching up, like mopping with the water still running...
    bottomline
    : get a cleric healer, much better in any way.
    Only if you limit yourself to LGV/LBV healing. The Chloro is probably the most versatile healer in the game. Most people limit themselves to veil healing, but in PvP spamming the ST heals is often the better option for the chloro. Veil healing is simply not sufficient to keep up with good DPS, especially when focus fire comes into play.

Mages are the most team-oriented calling, that's all. Chloro self-heals are poor, but they are excellent at keeping others alive. It's no different than our other viable options. Dom can wreck teams, but can't deliver the actual kills. Harbinger can deliver the kills, but not without significant healing support. Chloros can carry a team's heals, but only if the team is cognizant enough to keep that Chloro safe.

Don't separate from your teammates, ever, or you will die. Such is Mage life.

Chloro seems in a good place in PvP at the moment.

Can keep alive against most dedicated single DPS'ers.

One determined DPS'er+ a few silences(Deaden!) will shut you down though. Likewise will a single good Assassin. But for the most part you can eat a lot of damage just fine while keeping others up.

Something I would like to see though, is Boon of Life stacks also reducing cast time of Healing Torrent by 0.5s per stack. IMO this spell should be treated like Crucial Invocation is for Sentinel. CI=fast cast, high mana, life saver, spammable. Healing Torrent=long cast, low mana, cool-down. Would be nice if we could get it's cast time down with BoL

Would also make it a bit more useful in PvE. For a 41 point talent it's generally untouched for general healing purposes, besides using it when there is nothing else, to apply the HoT. Great total healing for the GCD if all heals would be used, but a bit lackluster overall
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Mages are the most team-oriented calling, that's all. Chloro self-heals are poor, but they are excellent at keeping others alive. It's no different than our other viable options. Dom can wreck teams, but can't deliver the actual kills. Harbinger can deliver the kills, but not without significant healing support. Chloros can carry a team's heals, but only if the team is cognizant enough to keep that Chloro safe.

Don't separate from your teammates, ever, or you will die. Such is Mage life.
    I disagree on Harb needing significant heals to function. With 2 stuns, Rift Tomb, Flicker+Planar Retreat, 40% dodge chance CD, 20% damage reduction CD for 30seconds, and stealth (to force opponents to detarget you) it's pretty tanky.

So tanky that it's entirely reasonable to kill multiple other good DPS'ers by yourself without healing, depending on classes of course.

You can very very easily shut down any single target, and with good attention and use of stuns and @mouseover interrupts, you can significantly reduce incoming damage and just double blink out when things get hairy
    Last edited by Soul sky; 03-01-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I disagree on Harb needing significant heals to function. With 2 stuns, Rift Tomb, Flicker+Planar Retreat, 40% dodge chance CD, 20% damage reduction CD for 30seconds, and stealth (to force opponents to detarget you) it's pretty tanky.

So tanky that it's entirely reasonable to kill multiple other good DPS'ers by yourself without healing, depending on classes of course.

You can very very easily shut down any single target, and with good attention and use of stuns and @mouseover interrupts, you can significantly reduce incoming damage and just double blink out when things get hairy
    Fair enough. I get owned hard when I play Harb, despite my finely tuned run-like-a-girl instincts. But, I think it might be the result of name recognition and/or a vibrant wardrobe. I have trouble not dying even standing 35m behind the line casting Malevolent Bolt.

Ascendant

bottomline: get a cleric healer, much better in any way.
    If you are dying to a bard in ten seconds as a choloro you are doing something horribly, horribly wrong.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

+ Reply to Thread