+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rend the heavens...seriously?

Telaran

Default rend the heavens...seriously?

Just got my shiny new staff.....

During a 3.5 minute fight, it procced 10 times for a total of 0% of my heals (the meter doesn't have enough decimal points to make it more than zero).
    To compare my guildies' captured hurricane procced 158 times for 1.87% of his damage.

Please tell me something is going to be done about this, because if there was a rift award for most useless proc ever, then this would win, lets just hope enough captured hurricanes drop for the healers to get them too.

Plane Walker

I don't think weapons procs ever meant something in this game besides tank threat procs.

Procs have always been terrible with the only exception being those which increase stats. It's been 2 years since this game came out and they still haven't figured out how to make procs useful. I understand that procs aren't intended to be massive performance increases, but in their current and previous iterations all they've done is frustrate people due to their irrelevance.

The itemisation team really needs to decide if continually annoying players every tier is a good thing or not. I can guarantee it isn't.

The best solution I feel is to make the stat gap between Epics and Relics much smaller and then actually make the procs good. I know I'd much rather see my Relic procs being 3-5% of my DPS/HPS with no meaningful stat upgrade over my previous Epic, that way I can look at my parse last week for comparison and go 'wow that proc is awesome it made up 5% of my DPS, this relic is great!'
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-22-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

On the dummy in TB, it has a proc rate of 20% assuming no ICD. Pretty sure it has a 5s ICD though. That would mean it has a higher proc rate than 20% because I was just spamming natural healing. It makes up for 3-4% of heals in that scenario. That said, I haven't seen anything over 1% heals in actual encounters for me, probably because veils do so much more healing that our ST focus heals.

On pts this staff has nearly 1800sp so lets hope the proc gets updated too
    Last edited by drsharp; 02-22-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Plane Touched

If they could update it so that the proc could occur on all heals going to a synthesis target i'd be pretty happy.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

I've only had mine for a few days, but I have never seen it proc. I assumed it only worked on ST heals rather than veils, but if you're Chloroing well you don't need to use ST heals very often.

I think allowing it to proc on your Synthesis target as well as on direct target heals would be a good idea.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by drsharp View Post
    On the dummy in TB, it has a proc rate of 20% assuming no ICD. Pretty sure it has a 5s ICD though. That would mean it has a higher proc rate than 20% because I was just spamming natural healing. It makes up for 3-4% of heals in that scenario. That said, I haven't seen anything over 1% heals in actual encounters for me, probably because veils do so much more healing that our ST focus heals.

On pts this staff has nearly 1800sp so lets hope the proc gets updated too
    It's because it doesn't proc on Veils. It only procs on Natural Healing, Bloom and our 2 hots.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

nothing new. My cleric hammer has a damage proc and still only accounts for sub 1% of my damage on the majority of fights.

Welcome to the world of useless proc's. Aka RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It's because it doesn't proc on Veils. It only procs on Natural Healing, Bloom and our 2 hots.
    Procs off Essence Surge and Conditioned Response (Harb) as well.
    Retired

Plane Walker

I think it's actually designed for warlocks, not chloros - the wand at least, procs on Life Leech refreshes...
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Ascendant

Change all the spell crit crap that's on mage weapons and give us some crit power varieties.... you know like clerics and warriors.

If you swap the crit power on that staff with the equal "weight" worth of crit power (again just like some clerics and warriors weapons) I wouldnt even mind some ultra crappy procs.

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    I think it's actually designed for warlocks, not chloros - the wand at least, procs on Life Leech refreshes...
    ST heals ftw. Someone didn't get the memo that 99% of mage healing is AoE.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Chaser

Dmg procs are in the same boat.

The proc from the expert mage weapon set does about 60-80 DPS at the most and the set bonus is a complete joke.
    It also seems that these weapon procs share an internal CD, which means that only one of the two weapons can ever proc.
    One would assume that if one weapon proc does 60 DPS, a second weapond proc would also do 60 DPS for a total of 120. Even more with set-bonus, but no. It's only a whoopin' increase of 10 DPS. Yaaay.
    Last edited by Sindariel; 02-23-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Tell your buddy he should be playing Harbinger.

+ Reply to Thread