+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ele Pet and Buff Questions

Soulwalker

Default Ele Pet and Buff Questions

Anyone know which ele pet does the most damage? From reading the forums, I'm getting the impression that the fire ele pet (51 pts) is the best. However, doesn't the ranged pet provide a 10% spell damage buff and other buffs? If so, do these buffs outweigh the DPS that the fire ele pet does? Again, maybe the ranged pet does do more damage so the question is moot.

I've gone ele/pyro (still fiddling with 3rd but leaning towards harb) and was wondering which buff is better...Elemental Forces (next 5 spells deal X additional damage) or Internalize Charge (increases damage by 10%). I'd think Internalize Charge and that's what I've been using but I'd like to make sure. Survey says??

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Odyferous View Post
    Anyone know which ele pet does the most damage? From reading the forums, I'm getting the impression that the fire ele pet (51 pts) is the best. However, doesn't the ranged pet provide a 10% spell damage buff and other buffs? If so, do these buffs outweigh the DPS that the fire ele pet does? Again, maybe the ranged pet does do more damage so the question is moot.

I've gone ele/pyro (still fiddling with 3rd but leaning towards harb) and was wondering which buff is better...Elemental Forces (next 5 spells deal X additional damage) or Internalize Charge (increases damage by 10%). I'd think Internalize Charge and that's what I've been using but I'd like to make sure. Survey says??
    The fire pet is best for single target damage. With PTS test gear, it does about 6k DPS for me. Air does ~20% less damage on single target, but is better for AE damage (I tested it against the 5 dummy group on PTS, and it did ~10k DPS vs 7k DPS of the fire pet).

I have not tested/calculated how much personal DPS you gain through the air pet buff, iirc the overall damage when fighting a single target was a bit lower than with the fire pet. So the buff does not compensate for the lower pet damage.

Btw. you really should look into choosing Necro as second soul if you want to play the elementalist. That's because your Ele pets gain damage from the points in Necro, and there are talents in Necro which increase its SP and so on. So that would leave you with Elemental Forces for a charge dump.

See also here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ad-47.html#705
    Last edited by Sarim; 02-21-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Fire pet! He does roughly half your damage. The air pet doesn't hit hard enough to make its buff worth it, single target wise!

And for the second question - Internalise Charge is better

As the above poster suggested, you should just mix ele with necro (due to their great synergy)
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread